• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LtFinFan66
    • Mar 2005

Fins Sign LJ Shelton

Dolphins sign LT Shelton...
    Posted on: 2006-03-13

[Sun-Sentinel] The Dolphins have found a replacement for left tackle Damion McInotosh, signing free agent veteran L.J. Shelton to a four-year contract on Monday.

Shelton, who turns 30 in eight days, was not re-signed by Cleveland. The Browns unsuccessfully tried to re-sign Shelton after he started all 16 games in 2005, prompting Cleveland to instead sign Atlanta tackle Kevin Shaffer to a five-year contract Saturday shortly after the free-agent signing period began.

The 6-6, 345-pound Shelton is a seven-year veteran who spent his first six seasons with Arizona, which drafted him in the first round (21st overall) in 1999. He was a three-year starter at Eastern Michigan.
  • gr8slayer
    • Feb 2005

Re: Fins Sigh LJ Shelton

There's a team that gets it.

Comment

• Devin
      The Octagon
      • Apr 2003

Re: Fins Sign LJ Shelton

Not bad.
      http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Ebenezer
        Give me a minute...
        • Jul 2002

isn't that the guy Arizona couldn't give us last year?

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• clumping platelets

yep

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
            • Mar 2004

Shelton is a bum. There's a reason Arizona didn't want him, and a reason the Browns didn't want him. He sucks.

Comment

• gr8slayer
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
              Shelton is a bum. There's a reason Arizona didn't want him, and a reason the Browns didn't want him. He sucks.
              He would have been an upgrade for us.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                Over Gandy? No. Trust me, he's no better than either starting Tackle for the Bills. I watched a lot of Browns games, the guy really does suck. He's another turnstile.

Comment

• Michael82
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                  Over Gandy? No. Trust me, he's no better than either starting Tackle for the Bills. I watched a lot of Browns games, the guy really does suck. He's another turnstile.
                  Good post. And Mouse McNally didn't even want him, thats why we didn't do the trade last year.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                    Too sober for this...
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                    Shelton is a loser. I'm glad he went to Miami. He was getting beat all last year in Cleveland. I remember seeing footage in Primetime of everyone running past him. He couldn't have gone to a better team!

PS Don't forget that Arizona tried to trade him to us for Travis - which we didn't want, then released him...and we STILL didn't take him. There was a reason for that!!!

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                      • Mar 2005

Well be can't be worse than what we had. Hudson Houck did wonders with the scrubs we had last year so we will see if he can whip Shelton into shape

Comment

• Michael82
                        • Jul 2002

Damn that's a lot of money for a guy like Shelton.

Dolphins | Contract update: L. Shelton
                        Mon, 13 Mar 2006 10:35:36 -0800
                        Free agent OT L.J. Shelton (Browns) agreed to a four-year, $15 million contract that includes a $3.5 million signing bonus with the Miami Dolphins, according to ESPN.com's John Clayton.

Comment

• MikeInRoch
                          • Sep 2003

Any time Buffalo doesn't want an O-Lineman because he won't be an upgrade over the bums we already have, that speaks extremely poorly for the guy. I look forward to our defense torching this guy next year.
                          "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• mysticsoto
                            Too sober for this...
                            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by MikeInRoch
                            Any time Buffalo doesn't want an O-Lineman because he won't be an upgrade over the bums we already have, that speaks extremely poorly for the guy. I look forward to our defense torching this guy next year.
                            GO SCHOBEL!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MikeInRoch
                              Originally posted by Mikey82
                              Good post. And Mouse McNally didn't even want him, thats why we didn't do the trade last year.

Hope to break it to you guys but Houck isn't a bad Ol coach. Arguably just as good if not better than Mouse. He's had more recent success with fixing the Ol of miami compared to Mcnally. Although people can blame TD for that, the jury is still out on what Shelton could do with a good OL coach.

The thing is, he could've been had at a cheaper price last year. I believe his contract with the cards was 3 million a year and when he was released his price could've even gone down. The fins paid a lot for him IMO considering he wasn't all that great with the Browns and add to the fact that the cards didn't want him.

He was our version of "False Start" Anderson and the fins were one of the most penalized team in the NFL last year and a lot of that was their OL . Hopefully both the fins and Shelton continue their ways.

My guess is Kelsay Schobel will have a field day against him.
                              Last edited by justasportsfan; 03-13-2006, 02:49 PM.
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X