PDA

View Full Version : Are the colts screwed?

Kerr
03-13-2006, 12:05 PM
They've lost Edge and have nobody to replace him. FA hardly has any running backs left. Wouldn't it be a shocker if Bill Polian gave up most of his draft picks for his one shot of drafting Reggie Bush? Other than that slim possibility, they are going to face hard times with a rookie rb.

YardRat
03-13-2006, 12:08 PM
Polian will find someone to fill the void left by Edge...Bill's one of the best.

ICE74129
03-13-2006, 12:10 PM
They've lost Edge and have nobody to replace him. FA hardly has any running backs left. Wouldn't it be a shocker if Bill Polian gave up most of his draft picks for his one shot of drafting Reggie Bush? Other than that slim possibility, they are going to face hard times with a rookie rb.

Dude, they didn't want him. Hell Bill said go find someone to trade for your ass last offseason.

They will draft a rookie and the kid will most likely make the probowl this year. that is just how BP works.

Kerr
03-13-2006, 12:18 PM
Dude, they didn't want him. Hell Bill said go find someone to trade for your ass last offseason.

They will draft a rookie and the kid will most likely make the probowl this year. that is just how BP works.

It's fine they didn't want him, but they are going to rely on a rookie rb to be the last piece of the triplets? This is a team contending for a superbowl every year. It could very well blow up in their face. If Bp went out and got reggie bush, then i'd say they have a very good chance of starting where the left off, but anyone else would probably end up hurting their offense.

THATHURMANATOR
03-13-2006, 12:19 PM
They could still get Jamal lewis... probably not but just saying there are some rbs there.

don137
03-13-2006, 12:23 PM
They could still get Jamal lewis... probably not but just saying there are some rbs there.
Lewis resigned with Baltimore...I think they get a second tier back in FA and draft a RB early and re-load...Polian is no dummy..RB's seem to be a dime a dozen these days...

ICE74129
03-13-2006, 12:26 PM
It's fine they didn't want him, but they are going to rely on a rookie rb to be the last piece of the triplets? This is a team contending for a superbowl every year. It could very well blow up in their face. If Bp went out and got reggie bush, then i'd say they have a very good chance of starting where the left off, but anyone else would probably end up hurting their offense.

Nope bud not at all. Edge led the league in rushing his rookie year. You are talking bill Polian. That man found thurmal in the 2nd round! You can bet whomever he picks will start and do very well.

Kerr
03-13-2006, 12:27 PM
http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=64&p=9&c=12&yr=2006&nid=83&lnid=83&rc=16&pid=11

I'm sorry, but there is nobody on that list that is available that can carry Edge's jock or fill the void he left in that offense. Bp better hope he finds a gem to can start right away. Otherwise, they are screwed.

The last buffalo fan
03-13-2006, 12:30 PM
Willis McGahee?? suddenly, this guy has fallen from one my must have-favorite players, to a remplazable guy. I'm sorry for this.

Kerr
03-13-2006, 12:30 PM
Didn't polian also draft mungro and rhodes? Those guys aren't in edge's league. I'm sorry, it's just an observation. Polian better hope he strikes gold or he'll end up with another rhodes or mungro.

ICE74129
03-13-2006, 12:47 PM
http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=64&p=9&c=12&yr=2006&nid=83&lnid=83&rc=16&pid=11

I'm sorry, but there is nobody on that list that is available that can carry Edge's jock or fill the void he left in that offense. Bp better hope he finds a gem to can start right away. Otherwise, they are screwed.

He will draft his next back.

G. Host
03-14-2006, 02:42 AM
If you have a good line backs can be found in lower rounds or even as UDFA's. Pittsbugh's RB tore thru our defense in 2004 in his own major appearance and he was a UDFA. Following year he is starter and a damn good one.

EJ is not worth the damn bling he was asking for other than his ability to pick up blitzes.

The_Philster
03-14-2006, 03:00 AM
Didn't polian also draft mungro and rhodes? Those guys aren't in edge's league. I'm sorry, it's just an observation. Polian better hope he strikes gold or he'll end up with another rhodes or mungro.
Rhodes may not be in Edge's league, but he's also shown he can play. He had to start for Edge a few times when Edge was out and the Colts barely missed a beat

Historian
03-14-2006, 07:16 AM
Who cares?

I hope they end up 3-13.