PDA

View Full Version : Clump

L.A. Playa
03-13-2006, 05:33 PM
could you please explain to me the Redskins cap situation and how they are structuring contracts, thank you in advance

ICE74129
03-13-2006, 05:34 PM
And where are we cap wise after these 3 signings?

patmoran2006
03-13-2006, 05:46 PM
I'm not a cap guy either.. SO I would like some data from Clump as well, ESPECIALLY regarding how the F the Skins have signed FOUR big name players to FA when 10 days ago they were talking about them having to cut 15 players and possibly not being able to field a full team

Dicknoze69
03-13-2006, 06:38 PM
They gained cap room with the new CBA extension and Arrington giving back slightly over $4 million.

I think they'll still get reamed by the salary cap gods eventually, but it looks like they want to make a Super Bowl push under Joe Gibbs.

Nighthawk
03-13-2006, 06:42 PM
They gained cap room with the new CBA extension and Arrington giving back slightly over $4 million.

I think they'll still get reamed by the salary cap gods eventually, but it looks like they want to make a Super Bowl push under Joe Gibbs.

I don't care what they did to free up money...there is no way they can have enough money to do those signings. It's total crap...the NFL is a joke in so many ways! At least they never win anything and I don't think these signings make them a SB favorite by any means.

clumping platelets
03-13-2006, 06:46 PM
yes, they do......I will go into more detail tomorrow...but in the mean time....part of the reason they were so far over the cap was that they had a few player with rather large roster bonuses.....with the new CBA, they were able to convert them to signing bonus and prorate them over 5 yrs. also...the players they are signing all have low 2006 cap numbers.......Skins are doing things legally with respect to the cap

L.A. Playa
03-13-2006, 06:48 PM
thanks clump that is understandable, here is a question why dont the bills do similar things ??

TacklingDummy
03-13-2006, 06:58 PM
Im guess cause Ralph Wilson doesn't have the money Synder has.

patmoran2006
03-13-2006, 08:05 PM
The one thing I do know is that Snyder will pay all bonus up front, which prorates through the entire length of a contract.. So if He gives out a $12 million bonus on a six year deal and pays that up front, its only costing $2 million per year over the six years..

The small cap numbers work for now.. but in 3-4 years of these deals the base salary alone is going to make the cap numbers crazy.. I guess hes' going for a title now.. BTW< I dont like the signings of Arculeta and El anyway.. In fact, I thin Lloyd will be better than El.. And Andre Carter was a better signing than Aruchuleta.

I'm one of the few that are glad Buffalo didnt get Arch.. I'm liking this Daniel Bullocks kid from Nebraska more and more everyday in round two

clumping platelets
03-13-2006, 08:18 PM
signing bonuses can only be prorated for 5 yrs

patmoran2006
03-13-2006, 08:20 PM
lol, thats why you're the cap guy.

Michael82
03-14-2006, 10:32 AM
signing bonuses can only be prorated for 5 yrs
According to Adam Schefter...They can prorate it more than the 5 years. :ill:

Much of the NFL is wondering how the Redskins are doing it. The simple answer is with Daniel Snyder's cash. The Redskins are prorating the huge signing bonuses they're handing out over the life of the contract, usually seven years, softening the blow the team has to take this season.

It can give Randle El $11.5 million of bonuses, as it did, and soften the blow by pro-rating it over seven years. It can give Carter a $9 million bonus and pro-rate it over six years. It's like a credit card -- putting off paying the full bill now, but knowing it's going to come due later.

But for now, Snyder's money and the big bonuses enable Washington to be the New York Yankees of the NFL, buying whatever it wants to help the Redskins to return to the Super Bowl.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9305826

clumping platelets
03-14-2006, 12:14 PM
He's wrong

YardRat
03-14-2006, 12:25 PM
Unless it just changed with the new CBA, which is possible since I haven't seen it, he's right...

(b) Signing Bonuses.
(i) Proration. The total amount of any signing bonus shall be prorated over the term of the Player Contract in determining Team and Player Salary, except that:
(1) Signing bonuses agreed to in a Capped Year may not be prorated more than three years beyond the Final Capped Year (notwithstanding the foregoing, signing bonuses agreed to in Player Contracts approved by the Commissioner on or after agreement by the parties with respect to transition rules for proration in the 1998 League Year, but prior to court approval, and in no event earlier than June 30, 1998, may not be prorated more than six years, and signing bonuses agreed to in the 1999 or 2000 League Years may not be prorated more than seven years).

*Extension Agreement 2/25/98

Michael82
03-14-2006, 01:04 PM
Unless it just changed with the new CBA, which is possible since I haven't seen it, he's right...
and he's signing these 6 or 7 year deals for that reason purposely. :ill:

**** YOU, Dan Synder!!! :mad: