PDA

View Full Version : WGR Radio - Moulds Demanding Immediate Release

Night Train
03-13-2006, 05:56 PM
Yup, that sounds like a happy player who'll be back.

lordofgun
03-13-2006, 06:01 PM
:rofl: Who cares what he wants?

L.A. Playa
03-13-2006, 06:02 PM
screw him he is under contract

Don't Panic
03-13-2006, 06:05 PM
If that's the case, then he's gone.... so be it. BUT, it will be on our terms, not his. He signed the contract, so he will just have to wait until he abandons ship. It's too bad, if this is true I will lose a lot of respect for a guy who I used to respect quite a bit. Kind of reminds me of the Bruce Smith departure.

Devin
03-13-2006, 06:05 PM

what he said.

Don't Panic
03-13-2006, 06:06 PM
If that's the case, then he's gone.... so be it. BUT, it will be on our terms, not his. He signed the contract, so he will just have to wait until he abandons ship. It's too bad, if this is true I will lose a lot of respect for a guy who I used to respect quite a bit. Kind of reminds me of the Bruce Smith departure. Oh well.... good rittens.

Devin
03-13-2006, 06:10 PM

what he said.

Bling
03-13-2006, 06:10 PM
Good pickup for whoever picks him up.

jmb1099
03-13-2006, 06:11 PM
I've never understood the whole "demand" thing while being under contract. Its like trying to win a game of poker without any cards or chips.

Bling
03-13-2006, 06:15 PM
No.... it's more like a disgruntled CEO that would be hard to replace. Unless you give him what you want, your business takes a big hit.

Mahdi
03-13-2006, 06:20 PM
I dont want anyone in Buffalo who doesnt want to play in Buffalo, thats not how championships are won.

ICE74129
:rofl: Who cares what he wants?

Exactly. Screw him. He has no say, no power, nothing. Now Woman beater, STFU and the Bills will deal with you when THEY Feel like it.

X-Era
Yup, that sounds like a happy player who'll be back.

I would say dont let the door hit you; but fug it I want the door to slam him so hard that the knob gets buried in his T.O.'ish AZZZ!!!!!

Fug this clown. Im done with him and his demands.

jmb1099
I guess my point is he doesn't have any real leverage. If he refuses to play he damages his reputation and marketability. If he sits a year he will not get half the money he thinnks he's worth

Night Train
03-13-2006, 06:24 PM
Now we can quickly submit our 7 year 50 Mil Offer sheet for Hutchinson with the cap savings. :list:

X-Era
03-13-2006, 06:33 PM
Now we can quickly submit our 7 year 50 Mil Offer sheet for Hutchinson with the cap savings. :list:

Vikes are gonna land him.

If we were one OG away from having a decent o-line, Id say yes. Sadly, we are at least two and maybe more.

Its just too much money, but it also isnt mine, so if we DO spend that much, good for us.

ICE74129
03-13-2006, 06:36 PM
http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060313/NEWS01/603140306/1007/SPORTS

More info on the whiny *****. Screw Moulds. Fair market value for the WR's this year is about 4 mill per. NONE are as old as his ass, and none have caused the issues he did this last year. Trade his ass to Philly for their 4th round pick and get the punk out of here.

TacklingDummy
03-13-2006, 06:37 PM
Cut him and sign TO.

!Papacrunk!
03-13-2006, 06:38 PM
I'm a little slow, Moulds is upset because the Bills don't want to pay him (restructure his contract) the contract that both parties agreed to? So he is owed this money, right? It sucks that he is unwilling to restructure and be a team player by doing that, but it's not like he came up with the contract all by himself. Pay the guy, hasn't he gave the Bills everything and more over the years??

TacklingDummy
03-13-2006, 06:40 PM
If they are gonna pay a WR $10 Million a year, his name better be TO.

kgun12
03-13-2006, 06:40 PM

We don't need any stinking linemen we have a 2 million dollar TE!

ublinkwescore
03-13-2006, 06:43 PM
spoken like a true division rival fan.

I'd say just cut his @$$, and use that money on some OL talent - we should be able to land a couple of guys (starters) with his cap savings.

ICE74129
03-13-2006, 06:44 PM
I'm a little slow, Moulds is upset because the Bills don't want to pay him (restructure his contract) the contract that both parties agreed to? So he is owed this money, right? It sucks that he is unwilling to restructure and be a team player by doing that, but it's not like he came up with the contract all by himself. Pay the guy, hasn't he gave the Bills everything and more over the years??

Screw the punk. All he cares about is beating on women, having bastard children, paying big money to stippers and being an ass. I hold his punk ass to the very last second possible then trade him to the friggin Niners!

ublinkwescore
03-13-2006, 06:45 PM
I wouldn't pay TO 10 million...

I wouldn't even pay TO 5 million a year... I damn sure am not gonna pay a declining Moulds that - that being said, TO is due to start declining too (they are from the same draft class aren't they?)

ICE74129
03-13-2006, 06:49 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/NFL/news/story?id=2367238

More of the same on the POS. Make him sit marv!

kgun12
03-13-2006, 06:49 PM
We are starting to see his true colors now, just wait and see how ugly he gets. It will be even worse once he is released!!!

TacklingDummy
03-13-2006, 06:52 PM
I wouldn't pay TO 10 million...

I wouldn't even pay TO 5 million a year... I damn sure am not gonna pay a declining Moulds that - that being said, TO is due to start declining too (they are from the same draft class aren't they?)

I wouldn't pay TO 10 million either. But im saying if I was gonna pay a WR $10million a year he better be Jerry Rice, TO, Randy Moss type recieverand Moulds is not one of those.. But for $5 million I'd take TO in a heartbeat.

ICE74129
03-13-2006, 06:54 PM
We are starting to see his true colors now, just wait and see how ugly he gets. It will be even worse once he is released!!!

LMAO I have said he is a POS for YEARS! Just now seeing his true colors???

gr8slayer
03-13-2006, 07:00 PM
Good, get that stinking cancer out of here.

!Papacrunk!
03-13-2006, 07:01 PM
spoken like a true division rival fan. Of course. Sometimes it good to get an outside perspective of something that one may not have the same emotional connection with, that's why I frequent this board, to get that outside perspective. I'd be upset too if Miami had players that wouldn't restructure their contract if the opportunity called for it, ie Taylor and Thomas. I was just presenting the side that the Bills agreed to that contract and the money involved, so they're just as much to be blamed as Moulds is in this cap hit.

Mitchy moo
03-13-2006, 07:02 PM
LMAO I have said he is a POS for YEARS! Just now seeing his true colors???

As I said before moulds is not a team player, bye bye baby.

ILOVEMIBILLS
03-13-2006, 07:24 PM
David Givens, a potential replacement, is apparently seeking a 5 year deal around 25 million. As its been stated earlier, the Bills end up saving around a 5 million with the release of Moulds, taking on a cap penalty around 5 million. So basically, if the Bills seek to sign Givens or any other top WR's, the cost to sign them takes away anything gained from cutting Moulds, but at least then we'd have a guy who was happy to be here.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
03-13-2006, 07:40 PM
Screw the punk. All he cares about is beating on women, having bastard children, paying big money to stippers and being an ass. I hold his punk ass to the very last second possible then trade him to the friggin Niners!

Ouch ICE! no more caffine for you :)

patmoran2006
03-13-2006, 07:50 PM
My only defense of MOulds is he did restructure two years ago to put off money until later in his contract, which is now..

I just want him GONE so marv can wash his hands with this and get back to what he really should be focusing on, getting a real OL in here

camelcowboy
03-13-2006, 08:02 PM
Keep moulds as long as possible and ruin his chances of signing with a team, overpaid cry baby.

ghz in pittsburgh
03-13-2006, 08:15 PM
It's no secret that agents talk. I'm pretty sure Moulds' agent knows which teams are interested in Moulds and what kind of money is available.

BUT.

Moulds is still under contract and teams cannot wait forever for his release. So here is the demand. Of course they figured that the Bills have no other option but to release him eventully. Why not ask now?

My answer, from the Bills' perspective, is to get something for the team if the team is going to give Moulds something (in this case, a release). I would consider two options: find a team that is willing to trade with us or buy back your freedom, aka LaVar Arrington. Otherwise the team conduct its business as usual with no favors for any player.

vicmantak
03-13-2006, 11:22 PM
Keep moulds as long as possible and ruin his chances of signing with a team, overpaid cry baby.
This is exactly what Bills need to do. If the 'reporting' bonus is part of the dead cap bonus... I don't see any reason to satisfy his demands.

LifetimeBillsFan
03-14-2006, 12:07 AM

That is exactly what I think that they are already doing--as punishment for going to the media with his complaints about the QB and coaches last season and as a way of sending a message to the players who will be returning that they can make things rough for anyone who doesn't "get with the program", without actually making it appear that that is what they are doing.

It is similar to the way that M.Levy and R.Wilson handled M.Mularkey: jerk him around and let him hang out to dry until he finally decides to tell them that he wants out--at which point they can always say that it was his decision to leave, not theirs because "we told everyone that we wanted to keep him".

Whether Moulds likes it or not, he's under contract with the Bills and the Bills don't have to release him or trade him unless or until it is in THEIR best interest to do so, which would be at a point when they either need the money that they have tied up in him and/or they have a suitable replacement for him already lined up.

Moulds and his agents know that there are at least 4 teams just waiting for him to be released by the Bills who will swoop in to sign him--and they must think that Marv Levy is senile if they think that Marv doesn't already know that, too. If the Bills release Moulds, he will be signed almost immediately by one of those teams and the Bills will get nothing for him, while still carrying him as dead space on their salary cap. But, the longer those teams that are interested in Moulds have to wait for him, the greater the pressure will be on them to either secure Moulds' services or prepare to move on to some other alternative and the greater the likelihood that one of those teams will get impatient and be willing to give the Bills something, in terms of a draft pick, to resolve their own WR situation. If the Bills hold onto Moulds--even though they don't want him and he is screaming in the press to be released or traded--until they can get to that point, then at least they might be able to get something for Moulds, which would certainly be better than nothing. It probably wouldn't be much--a late third round pick at best--but it would be something that they could use to add to their depth and it would be a bargain for the team getting Moulds, who would be able to help them immediately for a couple of years instead of a mid-round rookie who might take that long to develop into a decent player.

I think what the Bills are doing with Moulds is really smart and they should continue to tell everyone that they want to keep Moulds until such time as it is in their best interest to trade him or the need to release him to free up more money to sign additional free agents. And, if Moulds and his agents go crying to the press, so what--it doesn't matter what he, his agents or the press say at this point. M.Levy and the Bills FO have to act in the best interests of the Buffalo Bills, not Eric Moulds or in whatever way the media thinks they should. And, I wouldn't accomodate Moulds' demands at this stage because it is not in the Bills' interests to do so---yet.

Mr. Cynical
03-14-2006, 02:03 AM
And to think people gave me a hard time when I said his attitude would continue to tank after playing on a team with one playoff win in his 10 year career here. He's done. Stick a fork in him and move on. The Bills are much better off without him, plain and simple.

don137
03-14-2006, 06:19 AM
I don't see Marv as a "screw you" kind of guy. Also, if you stick it to Moulds other players in the league sees that and it could dissuade them from coming here.

I really don't buy the notion that Moulds restructured a couple years ago to free up salary and is a team player as a result. The player gets the money up front as bonus instead of as a salary so they can take that money invest it and be much better off. Its not like he took less money that given year. He just let the amount amortorized over the life of the contract. I do have to tip my hat to Moulds in one respect. When he was a free agent many years ago he did sign back with Buffalo for less money he would of received on the open market.

justasportsfan
03-14-2006, 06:22 AM
Time to move on. We need to find a trading partner if possible.

Philagape
03-14-2006, 07:34 AM
David Givens, a potential replacement, is apparently seeking a 5 year deal around 25 million. As its been stated earlier, the Bills end up saving around a 5 million with the release of Moulds, taking on a cap penalty around 5 million. So basically, if the Bills seek to sign Givens or any other top WR's, the cost to sign them takes away anything gained from cutting Moulds, but at least then we'd have a guy who was happy to be here.

And he's 7 years younger. Too bad he's about to sign with the Titans :mad:

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060314/SPORTS01/603140375/1027

kgun12
03-14-2006, 07:46 AM

I will agree with you on this to a point, but the contract and the restucture was with Donahoe and the old regime. I know a contract is a contract, but Moulds must understand to become a playoff teams the Bill can't have a $10 mil WR and to stay here and be apart of a playoff team in a couple of years requires him to redo his contract. Some people here say he desires to go play for a winner, if he would redo the contract and free up money for the Bills to fill holes maybe he doesn't have to go to another team to be on a playoff team, he might have one right here. Look what happened with TKO he could wait to get out of Cinncy so he could go to a winner, how did that work out for him?

mysticsoto
03-14-2006, 08:15 AM
Once again, LTBF is correct. We need to give some credit to Marv. He's doing the right thing, and at 80 is still showing he's sharp in the mind. Right now, it does not benefit the Bills in any way to release Moulds. However, if we hold on to him (despite his b*tching) and wait for a team to get impatient and give us a draft pick for him, atleast we get something out of it - even if it's a low draft pick. But even another 3rd could be used to trade up (our 1st and two 3rds ???) and grab Ferguson or Williams...

BillsFever21
03-14-2006, 09:46 AM
"I think Eric is due that respect by the Buffalo Bills," Johnson said. "We need to find out what his fair market value is and we're going to determine that by finding what other teams out there are willing to pay him. ... We'll never determine that if we just continue to go back and forth with the Buffalo Bills."

He's not showing us any respect why should we show it to him. All he did was act like a crybaby last year and throw our QB under the bus, quit on us in the Miami game because Evans was lighting it up and trash us this offseason. Screw him.