PDA

View Full Version : The Bills could work out a decent trade for Moulds

RedEyE
03-13-2006, 07:59 PM
If he really said that and wants off the team then let him and his agent work a trade.

His value will never be as high as it is now. All the decent WR have been plucked from FA. The draft for WR is mega thin. Give him the opportunity to seek a trade and let him discover his own worth.

There are still several teams in the market for a receiver. Great thing is that the Patrioits are one of them. Just say "no" to a Patriots Trade :snicker: .

patmoran2006
03-13-2006, 08:07 PM
Write this down.. Eric Moulds is not going to be traded.. He will be released, most likely tommorow.

As much as i'd love to get ANYTHING for him.. He's going to be a FA.

and in a related note.. THe 10 million TO rumors begins tommorow too

Devin
03-13-2006, 08:15 PM
:rofl:

While I would agree with Red, EMO being released is the most likely scenario.

patmoran2006
03-13-2006, 08:18 PM
I would take a seventh rounder and a water bottle for him right now.. Thats how much of an offseason distraction he's become.

WHich gets me thinking.. Maybe his distraction ON the field this year wasn't a one-time fluke afterall..

clumping platelets
03-13-2006, 08:21 PM
Gotta have 2 to tango..

ghz in pittsburgh
03-13-2006, 08:22 PM
If it is that easy to for Levy & Co. to release Moulds, it would've been done long time ago.

I see this things stretching out with Moulds camp giving the Bills something.

ICE74129
03-13-2006, 08:35 PM
:rofl:

While I would agree with Red, EMO being released is the most likely scenario.

Then let him sit until after the draft. Hell hold his ass until the day before his roster bonus is due. Screw the punk

RedEyE
03-13-2006, 08:42 PM
Technically the could leth him sit until just before the June cuts.

camelcowboy
03-13-2006, 08:43 PM
Eagles | Once again confirm Thomas is on the trading block
Mon, 13 Mar 2006 18:28:08 -0800
Bob Brookover, of the Philadelphia Inquirer, reports a league source confirmed Monday, March 13, that the <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/29/nfl">Philadelphia Eagles are listening to offers for DT Hollis Thomas (http://www.kffl.com/player/1457/nfl), but it's not a certainty that the team will trade him. The Eagles (http://www.kffl.com/team/29/nfl) are trying to find out if any team looking for a run-stopping defensive tackle will make a worthwhile offer. Thomas is heading into the final year of his contract.

Thomas for Moulds?

Dozerdog
03-13-2006, 08:49 PM
No team in their right mind will give up assets fore the right to pay a guy wayyyy over market value for a 33 year old reciever.

They could wait and get him for half price and not give up anything for him.

chernobylwraiths
03-13-2006, 09:51 PM
No team in their right mind will give up assets fore the right to pay a guy wayyyy over market value for a 33 year old reciever.

They could wait and get him for half price and not give up anything for him.

I have thought of this argument as well, but if you want to be real sure of getting him, then you would have to trade for him. Work out a deal first and then trade for him. If he hits the open market, then it is probably the highest bidder.

vicmantak
03-13-2006, 10:04 PM
This organization might show us that they are way stronger and intelligent than only one agent and his "client".

Right now a trade with the Eagles doesn't makes sense at all because they are not planning to release any player who is going to make more than $5 mil of dead cap. Hollis Thomas issues are because he is unhappy with his 2006 $670k contract extension and it seems that Philadelphia is not really urged to release him.

In other words, Bills could work out Moulds contract if someone in this league is willing to pay a 2 year $12 mil #1 WR or a team that are seriously planning to release a $4~7 mil dead cap player.

Dr. Lecter
03-13-2006, 10:12 PM
No team will trade for him with a 7.1 million $$ salary.

RedEyE
03-13-2006, 10:48 PM
They don't have to. A contract renegotition can be made in good faith (for the buying team) before the trade goes through.

RedEyE
03-13-2006, 10:56 PM
The Peerless Price situation was similar (minus the tag). The Bills were going to cut him anyway and Atlanta bit the bullet. I can see it happening with Moulds too. Desperate times call for desperate measures and there are a lot of desperate teams out there in need of a WR.