PDA

View Full Version : Why release Moulds?

camelcowboy
03-13-2006, 08:28 PM
What i think the bills will do is keep moulds on the roster till after the draft. Why release him. Keep him on the roster till most teams cap room is gone. Besides we have plenty of room. Why do Moulds any favors? I have been a fan of his till he started his negotiations through the media, and rocking the boat. Why have the bills kept him this long? key word is spite. Besides if you keep him on the roster during the draft you could use him as trade bait, during the draft his value would be the highest.

Iehoshua
03-13-2006, 08:35 PM
By hanging onto him, the Bills are virtually letting the market dry up and almost forcing his hand at taking a renegociation, it appears to me. This is why he wants to be released so quickly, since teams are filling their receiving needs elsewhere.

The Bills have him by the balls.

TigerJ
03-13-2006, 09:21 PM
I think Moulds has relatively little trade value because of his contract. Maybe Minnesota wouldn't mind his cap numbers, but most sensible teams would balk at paying Moulds what he's scheduled to make, though his cap number for the Bills is higher than what it would be for any other team because of his bonus.

I don't believe in taking revenge on a player if you're gong to get rid of him at some point anyway. Do it now and get on with the future. I think Buffalo needs to get rid of Moulds because he has become a locker room cancer. He quit on Mularkey and Losman last season. Regardless of what you might think of Mularkey and Losman, if he quit on them he could quit on someone else if he doesn't like how he fits into the plans. You can't keep someone like that. The potential harm he can do to the team is more important than his productivity on the field.

ICE74129
03-13-2006, 09:23 PM
By hanging onto him, the Bills are virtually letting the market dry up and almost forcing his hand at taking a renegociation, it appears to me. This is why he wants to be released so quickly, since teams are filling their receiving needs elsewhere.

They have to cut or trade him now. He has taken this to the press and intentionally called the Bills hand on it. He is no better than TO attitude wise, with 1/2 the physical talent. Screw him.

ICE74129
03-13-2006, 09:24 PM
I think Moulds has relatively little trade value because of his contract. Maybe Minnesota wouldn't mind his cap numbers, but most sensible teams would balk at paying Moulds what he's scheduled to make, though his cap number for the Bills is higher than what it would be for any other team because of his bonus.

I don't believe in taking revenge on a player if you're gong to get rid of him at some point anyway. Do it now and get on with the future. I think Buffalo needs to get rid of Moulds because he has become a locker room cancer. He quit on Mularkey and Losman last season. Regardless of what you might think of Mularkey and Losman, if he quit on them he could quit on someone else if he doesn't like how he fits into the plans. You can't keep someone like that. The potential harm he can do to the team is more important than his productivity on the field.

He barely has a 6 mill cap number plus a roster bonus for a new team. He will redo his contract for another team the talk sh@! about the Bills after he does.

Forward_Lateral
03-13-2006, 09:29 PM
Why give him what he wants, ICE? Let him wait. He's going to get paid, irregardless. If doesn't want to wait to be released, tell him to pull an Arrington and pay back his bonus. Otherwise, he can stfu and wait.

ICE74129
03-13-2006, 09:33 PM
Why give him what he wants, ICE? Let him wait. He's going to get paid, irregardless. If doesn't want to wait to be released, tell him to pull an Arrington and pay back his bonus. Otherwise, he can stfu and wait.

Agreed. It really pisses me off all of a sudden they take this crap to the media and try to strong arm the Bills into a release. I say keep him until 5 min before his roster bonus is due. Then trade him to some crap team with a worse QB situation than ours like New Orleans or San Fran.

But If I am marv I am on the phone with GB working a deal for Walker first, then calling Givens agent next to get one of them in here.

djjimkelly
03-13-2006, 09:33 PM

look if i was marv id tell him nicely ok eric theres a huge market for u go seek a trade with someone where u get a new deal u think u deserve. and if we can grab a 2nd rounder out of this then ok. but i have a feeling mr moulds would find out hes a 5 mil a year wr!

Ickybaluky
03-13-2006, 09:41 PM
irregardless

Another case of Canadians butchering the language.

HHURRICANE
03-13-2006, 09:42 PM
look if i was marv id tell him nicely ok eric theres a huge market for u go seek a trade with someone where u get a new deal u think u deserve. and if we can grab a 2nd rounder out of this then ok. but i have a feeling mr moulds would find out hes a 5 mil a year wr!

3 Million a year receiver!!

Forward_Lateral
03-13-2006, 09:49 PM
Another case of Canadians butchering the language.

??? Who are you, the grammar patrol? Blow it out your ass, ****stick.

finsrclowns
03-13-2006, 10:20 PM
I really could see this coming. Marv is showing he's not pleased with Mr. Moulds. When is his bonus due?

Ickybaluky
03-13-2006, 10:41 PM
??? Who are you, the grammar patrol? Blow it out your ass, ****stick.

Wow, you're touchy tonight. For a guy who likes off-color humor, that is awfully sensitive.

Forward_Lateral
03-14-2006, 06:38 AM
Wow, you're touchy tonight. For a guy who likes off-color humor, that is awfully sensitive.

Moulds is starting to piss me off.

ICE74129
03-14-2006, 07:18 AM
Moulds is starting to piss me off. Starting? Brother that F***Tard has pissed me off from about year 2 with his act.

Mitchy moo
03-14-2006, 07:39 AM
If Moulds really cared about the Bills he would shut his freaki*g mouth and let the Bills trade him. They can get some value and he could find a team that wanted him.

mysticsoto
03-14-2006, 08:07 AM
I find that Marv is doing what a smart GM should. I'm sorry that this frustrates Moulds (as it should) but Marv has to do what's right for the team and not the individual. It's best for the team for Marv to hold on to him and have a team get desperate enough to create a trade with us and us get something out of it. Otherwise, the team loses nothing by waiting and cutting him later. Moulds does lose, but Marv has to do what's right for the team.

It's looking to me like maybe Marv won't make a bad GM after all!!!

ICE74129
03-14-2006, 08:08 AM
I find that Marv is doing what a smart GM should. I'm sorry that this frustrates Moulds (as it should) but Marv has to do what's right for the team and not the individual. It's best for the team for Marv to hold on to him and have a team get desperate enough to create a trade with us and us get something out of it. Otherwise, the team loses nothing by waiting and cutting him later. Moulds does lose, but Marv has to do what's right for the team.

It's looking to me like maybe Marv won't make a bad GM after all!!!

And if worse comes to worse then cut him the day before his roster bonus of 1 mill is due.

don137
03-14-2006, 08:20 AM
While I am dissappointed but not schocked by Moulds antics one thing to remember if other potential free agents think the Bills are scewing him they might get turned away from coming here. I also do not think Levy is a "screw you" coach and sincerely wants Mould here but at a lesser price tag.