Per JohnClayton - If NO signs Brees, they bypass Leinart and select...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lordofgun
    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Per JohnClayton - If NO signs Brees, they bypass Leinart and select...

...Mario Williams.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

• Carlton Bailey

Re: Per JohnClayton - If NO signs Brees, they bypass Leinart and select...

Pretty much what I expected. Brees would be a moron to sign with the Aints though. He's not welcome in "the Chocolate city."

Comment

• Devin
      The Octagon
      • Apr 2003

Saints will be in good shape if that happens. Will Smith and Mario at DE...nice.

If they do that and then draft Mangold in the 2nd to replace Bentley they are well on their way.

Will come down to coaching in NO.
      http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Carlton Bailey

Mangold's going 32nd overall to the Steelers.

Comment

• Devin
          The Octagon
          • Apr 2003

Thanks, can you tell me whose going 8th overall to the Bills while your at it 42nd overall as well?

Comment

• vicmantak
            • Jun 2005

Brees ahead of Matt Leinart doesn't make sense but if happens... it should be D'Brickashaw Ferguson

"Defeat is simply a signal to press onward"
            - Helen Keller

"What we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down"

- Mary Pickford

Comment

• gr8slayer
              • Feb 2005

Wow talk about an upgrade considering they just got rid of Howard.

Comment

• Devin
                The Octagon
                • Apr 2003

The Saints OL is not that bad.

Their OL is actually pretty stout. Brown had a great rookie year at RT and with Jacox and Holland at OG their line isnt bad. Wayne Gandy is at LT and only allowed 5 sacks last year. Losing Bentley flat out sucked, but the Saints can recover quickly in the draft.

Comment

• Carlton Bailey

Originally posted by Devin
                  Thanks, can you tell me whose going 8th overall to the Bills while your at it 42nd overall as well?
                  Nope. But I guarantee the Steelers take Mangold.

Comment

• Devin
                    The Octagon
                    • Apr 2003

Unfortunatley you have neither the ZB's or rep power to make that an interesting bet.

Comment

• AndreReed83
                      Dink or dunk, Mularkey just plain stunk.
                      • Mar 2004

This is why if Miami DOES get a good QB, it'll be Culpepper over Brees. Since, I think the Saints passing on a QB in the draft might make some things unfold that could drop D'brick to the Bills. Plus, Miami would have to give something up to get Culpepper.

"Look it up Thurman!!!" ~Marv Levy~
                      "It's like someone walking into your house and punching your mother RIGHT in the the face." ~Darryl Talley ~

Comment

• mysticsoto
                        Too sober for this...
                        • Apr 2004

I heard on the radio that losing Bentley for the Saints wasn't too big of a deal for them b'cse his backup is pretty good also. I don't follow the Saints much, so I can't personally say if I agree with that or not...Their new center is Kendyl Jacox and played LG for them last year also...

Comment

• NJFINSFAN1
                          NJ In The House
                          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by lordofgun
                          ...Mario Williams.
                          Maybe, but that pick would have more value if they traded down and added picks.

Time To Ski!

Comment

• ICE74129
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Feb 2005

Damn smart move on thier part. This makes the #8 spot much more attractive to a lower team wanting a QB.

Comment

• ICE74129
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Carlton Bailey
                              Mangold's going 32nd overall to the Steelers.
                              Really? So the guy that is rated as the best Center to come out in about a decade will drop that far? how about Buffalo with #8? yeah I know I know but if this guy is the real deal at center...what is a 12 year probowl stud center worth?

Comment

Working...
                              X