PDA

View Full Version : Per JohnClayton - If NO signs Brees, they bypass Leinart and select...

lordofgun
03-13-2006, 10:53 PM
...Mario Williams.

Carlton Bailey
03-13-2006, 11:11 PM
Pretty much what I expected. Brees would be a moron to sign with the Aints though. He's not welcome in "the Chocolate city."

Devin
03-13-2006, 11:16 PM
Saints will be in good shape if that happens. Will Smith and Mario at DE...nice.

If they do that and then draft Mangold in the 2nd to replace Bentley they are well on their way.

Will come down to coaching in NO.

Carlton Bailey
03-13-2006, 11:21 PM
Mangold's going 32nd overall to the Steelers.

Devin
03-13-2006, 11:28 PM
Thanks, can you tell me whose going 8th overall to the Bills while your at it 42nd overall as well?

vicmantak
03-13-2006, 11:28 PM
Brees ahead of Matt Leinart doesn't make sense but if happens... it should be D'Brickashaw Ferguson

gr8slayer
03-13-2006, 11:36 PM
Wow talk about an upgrade considering they just got rid of Howard.

Devin
03-13-2006, 11:39 PM
The Saints OL is not that bad.

Their OL is actually pretty stout. Brown had a great rookie year at RT and with Jacox and Holland at OG their line isnt bad. Wayne Gandy is at LT and only allowed 5 sacks last year. Losing Bentley flat out sucked, but the Saints can recover quickly in the draft.

Carlton Bailey
03-14-2006, 12:16 AM
Thanks, can you tell me whose going 8th overall to the Bills while your at it 42nd overall as well?

Nope. But I guarantee the Steelers take Mangold.:bullseye:

Devin
03-14-2006, 12:26 AM
Unfortunatley you have neither the ZB's or rep power to make that an interesting bet.

AndreReed83
03-14-2006, 12:28 AM
This is why if Miami DOES get a good QB, it'll be Culpepper over Brees. Since, I think the Saints passing on a QB in the draft might make some things unfold that could drop D'brick to the Bills. Plus, Miami would have to give something up to get Culpepper.

mysticsoto
03-14-2006, 08:44 AM
I heard on the radio that losing Bentley for the Saints wasn't too big of a deal for them b'cse his backup is pretty good also. I don't follow the Saints much, so I can't personally say if I agree with that or not...Their new center is Kendyl Jacox and played LG for them last year also...

NJFINSFAN1
03-14-2006, 08:48 AM
...Mario Williams.

Maybe, but that pick would have more value if they traded down and added picks.

ICE74129
03-14-2006, 08:51 AM
Damn smart move on thier part. This makes the #8 spot much more attractive to a lower team wanting a QB.

ICE74129
03-14-2006, 08:54 AM
Mangold's going 32nd overall to the Steelers.

Really? So the guy that is rated as the best Center to come out in about a decade will drop that far? how about Buffalo with #8? yeah I know I know but if this guy is the real deal at center...what is a 12 year probowl stud center worth?

patmoran2006
03-14-2006, 09:00 AM
Few quick points..

1- Brees is going to end in Miami I think, the longer it played out the better for Miami.

2- John Clayton is a dolt.. If NO invests all that money in Brees, I would think they'd want to invest their pick in someone who may actually be able to block for him.. They'll go Brick. Even if they dont get Brees, they may end up with a QB through trade or FA (Culpepper?) and take Brick anyway.

3- What that does tell you though, is that there aint no WAY Mario is sliding down to 8..

4- Mangold isn't going to Pittsburgh at 32.. Because he isnt going to last until 32. My money is on Carolina taking him if he's still on the board

ICE74129
03-14-2006, 09:10 AM
Few quick points..

1- Brees is going to end in Miami I think, the longer it played out the better for Miami.

2- John Clayton is a dolt.. If NO invests all that money in Brees, I would think they'd want to invest their pick in someone who may actually be able to block for him.. They'll go Brick. Even if they dont get Brees, they may end up with a QB through trade or FA (Culpepper?) and take Brick anyway.

3- What that does tell you though, is that there aint no WAY Mario is sliding down to 8..

4- Mangold isn't going to Pittsburgh at 32.. Because he isnt going to last until 32. My money is on Carolina taking him if he's still on the board

Dude, take a step back. Carolina just signed a YOUNG Center from Tennessee. They aren't going with Mangold. Their needs are TE and #2 WR. They address those and they are Superbowl contenders again.

Marrio may slide down, Who knows who is below us that will try to move up and get a QB if the Jets trade for Ramsey, NO takes Brees and Miami goes with Cullpepper.

New Orleans took a stud Tackle in Jamal Brown last year. They aren't taking Brick.

NJFINSFAN1
03-14-2006, 09:18 AM
The Jets are very Hot for Mangold. They will somehow beat the Steelers to the pick.

And the Steelers want a LB at that spot (Carpenter)

patmoran2006
03-14-2006, 09:19 AM
yer right about Carolina, my bad... He's still not lasting to Pittsburgh at 32 though.

And there's no NFL rule that says you're not allowed to have two stud tackles.. If they get Brees and pay him the ranch, they're taking brick to help protect him.. A QB and great OL is a pretty fast way to get better.

It's a moot point however as Brees will end up in Miami and NO will end up with Leinart(or Cutler). Cutler is high right now but I think after Leinart has his pro day he'll move back ahead of him.

don137
03-14-2006, 09:41 AM
Dude, take a step back. Carolina just signed a YOUNG Center from Tennessee. They aren't going with Mangold. Their needs are TE and #2 WR. They address those and they are Superbowl contenders again.

Marrio may slide down, Who knows who is below us that will try to move up and get a QB if the Jets trade for Ramsey, NO takes Brees and Miami goes with Cullpepper.

New Orleans took a stud Tackle in Jamal Brown last year. They aren't taking Brick.
The Panthers also need LBs. Morgan is their only returning starter. Davis is projected to replace Witherspoon.

ICE74129
03-14-2006, 09:51 AM
The Panthers also need LBs. Morgan is their only returning starter. Davis is projected to replace Witherspoon.

Oh you know Fox will take care of business