• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Would you make this move?

Ricky Manning Jr. was given a low tender of 712,000. That means if another team signs him, they must only give up a 3rd rounder to get him.

Now, the Nate situation dropped off the radar screen because of the start of FA.

If we were to fess our extra 3rd (which ever one is lowest), to Car and sign Ricky, Nate is expendable.

Then Nate could be traded draft day allowing us to move up or at least get another pick mid-late round 1 where there are lots of O-lineman likely to be there that can help us.

If we trade up, we could move up enough for D'Brick.

Essentially we give our 3rd, Nate, and our 8th overall to get Ricky Manning Jr. and D'Brick.

How about that?

• YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Would you make this move?

Who's going to be on the other end of that deal?

New Orleans, if they sign Brees?
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• clumping platelets

If a team signs a RFA to offer sheet, that team must have either: their own pick in the rd needed OR a higher pick in that rd than what the teams original pick was....

I was thinking the same thing.....he's a ballhawk at CB....we need someone like him to cover the slot WR

Comment

• ICE74129
        Legendary Zoner
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by clumping platelets
        If a team signs a RFA to offer sheet, that team must have either: their own pick in the rd needed OR a higher pick in that rd than what the teams original pick was....

I was thinking the same thing.....he's a ballhawk at CB....we need someone like him to cover the slot WR
        Well we have #'4 and 8 in the 3rd round. I think one of those might work

Comment

• TigerJ
          • Jul 2002

Worth considering.
          I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Bills would give up our own pick, 8th overall in rd 3, if we signed him to an offer sheet.

Comment

• Ebenezer
              Give me a minute...
              • Jul 2002

I would only do it if you could trade NC...I would not cut him loose for nothing...the question is why CAR didn't put more into him.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• casdhf
                • Jul 2002

he's 5-8
                Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• EDS
                  • Jan 2003

I am not sure having to starting corners (McGee and Manning) in the 5'8" range is a good idea especially when one of your top reserves is also 5'8" (King).

Comment

• casdhf
                    • Jul 2002

bingo ... that's why you see a 3rd round tag
                    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• X-Era
                      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by EDS
                      I am not sure having to starting corners (McGee and Manning) in the 5'8" range is a good idea especially when one of your top reserves is also 5'8" (King).
                      Theres been smurfs before that can play at CB. Manning Jr. is a player.

Im only bringing this up because the thought here is to move money away from our other CB and invest it elsewhere by moving up in the draft for a player at another need.

Trading Nate with Ricky in the fold allows us to shift our priority away from CB and to the o-line (D'Brick) if we chose.

Comment

Working...
                      X