How does todays QB moves effect the draft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

How does todays QB moves effect the draft?

Lets do a rundown based on today.

Texans Bush
    NO Dbrick or Williams
    Tenn QB most likely Lionart

Jets Here is where it gets interesting. Trade for ramsey then its Dbrick or Williams (which ever one NO doesnt' take) If not ramsey then its Cutler.

Packers Hawk or Ngaga.

San Fran Hawk or Ngata or Davis

Oakland Young? Or Davis

Buffalo. Many to pick from at this point.

Who knows how it is going to shake out but it seems to me that there are tons of talent that will fall to the Bills and at least two QB's taken ahead of us.
  • don137
    • Jul 2002

Re: How does todays QB moves effect the draft?

I think it puts Buffalo in a good position to trade down because one of the three QBs will still be there. Arizona will be in the market for a QB to groom since they landed James and won't go after a RB in round one as a result.

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

I'm still looking at a trade down scenario, also. Maybe more than once.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Kenny
        • Aug 2004

I think it helps us get either Ferguson or possibly Super Mario...

Houston - Bush
        NO - Williams
        Ten - Leinhart ->I think this is pretty much the surest pick... Chow and Leinhart back together
        NYJ - Cutler or Young
        GB - Hawk
        SF - Davis (combine I think shot him up here)
        Oak - Huff (unless Young is still available)
        Buf - FERGUSON

The only way I see us not getting Ferguson:
        a) Jets stay @ #4 and pick ferguson... (worst case scenario... we'll have to trade down for more picks)
        b) Jets switch picks with the Texans. We might have a shot at Mario Williams though, but most likely it'll be Huff, Ngata, or Davis
        c) NO picks Ferguson (chance @ Williams, but most likely either Ngata, Huff, or Davis)
        d) GB picks Ferguson, causing either SF or Oak picking Hawk (we'd be stuck with Huff or Davis or Ngata)

I dont see Oakland (who has a pretty good and young line) or SF (money invested in Kwame Harris and Jennings) going after Ferguson.

Comment

• Kerr
          Hall of Fame Zoner
          • Feb 2005

Saints are reportedly shopping their 2nd pick. It could be our only chance to land Super Mario. Question is how much would it take?

Comment

• Mitchy moo
            Roways rooking ahread!
            • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Kerr
            Saints are reportedly shopping their 2nd pick. It could be our only chance to land Super Mario. Question is how much would it take?
            Moulds & our 8th pick?

Comment

• patmoran2006
              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
              • Dec 2005

We're not getting Brick unless we trade up, not a chance he falls to #8.. Someone will trade in the Jets, or GB's spot to get him if he's not gone already.. Personally, I think he's going to NO.. Bates wants to build a solid offense there...

I think only one QB is going in the first 7 spots now, probably to TENN at 3.. IF N.O. trades out of the 2 spot, it will be to a team looking to get Leinart or Cutler.. Scratch Detroit who just signed Kitna to back up Harrington.. Arizona is possible but not likely..

ONe thing though,the crazy moves already going on in FA leads to me to think there are gonna be alot of draft day trades..

For Buffalo, if they come out of today with Pickett (and God I hope they do) If they dont trade, I think it becomes either safety with Huff or Tackle with Justice.. DE outside shot with Hali.. I really see them trading down, 8 is too high for Justice. With the way QB's might fall because of Brees landing in NO now and Ramsey going to NYJ.. I think Huff will be off the board at eight now.. And Mario and Brick , forget about it unless your willing to move up.

And whatever goofs out there doing mocks that have McNeil (Auburn) going to Buffalo at 8.. knock it off.. McNeill will be LUCKY to be third tackle in the draft..

I would be the happiest fan in America if Marv moved up and got Mario.. Schboel, Tripplett, Pinkett and Mario.. How sweet is that.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Kenny
                • Aug 2004

I wouldnt do it. Even though Mario Williams is a freak, he's no Julius Peppers (and if he is, he hasnt shown it in college).

Comment

• Kenny
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                  We're not getting Brick unless we trade up, not a chance he falls to #8.. Someone will trade in the Jets, or GB's spot to get him if he's not gone already.. Personally, I think he's going to NO.. Bates wants to build a solid offense there...

I think only one QB is going in the first 7 spots now, probably to TENN at 3.. IF N.O. trades out of the 2 spot, it will be to a team looking to get Leinart or Cutler.. Scratch Detroit who just signed Kitna to back up Harrington.. Arizona is possible but not likely..
                  If the Jets dont go after Bush, I doubt they'll trade out of that spot. They need a franchise QB.
                  As for GB trading out of the #5... If you had a chance to land Hawk, would you really trade that away?

With the exception of NO, I dont see much movement (trade-wise) for the first 5 picks (HOU, TEN, NYJ, GB). I truly believe if Young is still available, OAK will go after him. SF is another team that is a risk of trading with another team though.

Comment

• TedMock
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006

I would be the happiest fan in America if Marv moved up and got Mario.. Schboel, Tripplett, Pinkett and Mario.. How sweet is that.
                    If that's the case, I bet Schobel gets move to the left side. He's a decent, but streaky pass rusher, and does not hold ground well on the run. If Mario proves to be a legit threat, he's on the right side sooner than later. I like Schobel a lot, but I also realize that no teams game plan around him, or than any OT's lose sleep over him.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Skooby
                      Moulds & our 8th pick?

Moulds trade value is around a middle 3rd at the very most and most likely a 4th rounder.

There isn't any chance they would trade down that far for an old overpaid Eric Moulds with two years left on this contract. Plus they already have a highly paid WR in Joe Horn who is better then Moulds and a decent Stalworth next to him.

If they are shopping that draft pick around it wouldn't get done for Eric Moulds and our 8th pick. That's just too freaking funny.

Some people need a sense of reality when valuing players on our team. This reminds me of the people a couple years ago who thought Travis Henry was a Top 5 RB and could be traded for a 1st round pick.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by TedMock
                        If that's the case, I bet Schobel gets move to the left side. He's a decent, but streaky pass rusher, and does not hold ground well on the run. If Mario proves to be a legit threat, he's on the right side sooner than later. I like Schobel a lot, but I also realize that no teams game plan around him, or than any OT's lose sleep over him.
                        He isn't a Julius Peppers but Schobel is a very good DE that any team would love to have.

He never gets any props(even from most of our own fans) but all he does is go out and finish in the Top 5-10 in sacks every year.

He had 12 sacks last year which is pretty damn good. He has 46.5 in 5 years. That ranks right up there with the top DE's in the league. He also had 71 tackles which is right up there with the other DE's in the league.

Comment

• Mr B
                          • Sep 2002

No matter what happens this draft day is going to be very exciting for Bills fans.

Comment

• EDS
                            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by BillsFever21
                            He isn't a Julius Peppers but Schobel is a very good DE that any team would love to have.

He never gets any props(even from most of our own fans) but all he does is go out and finish in the Top 5-10 in sacks every year.

He had 12 sacks last year which is pretty damn good. He has 46.5 in 5 years. That ranks right up there with the top DE's in the league. He also had 71 tackles which is right up there with the other DE's in the league.
                            Agreed. Schobel is part of the solution and would start on any team in the league.

Comment

• djjimkelly
                              • Apr 2003

lets pray 2 of those qbs are there at 8 so we can trade down!

Comment

Working...
                              X