NYJ - Chad Pennington - took team to AFC title game
    MIA - Duante Culpepper - 135 Career TD's
    BUF - JP Losman - 1-7
    Kelly Holcomb - Career Backup

we are dead in the water.
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Re: QB's of the AFC East

Daunte Culpepper and Chad Pennington - Both injured and that could totally affect their play. I don't think either of them will be the same again.

Comment

• ICE74129
      Legendary Zoner
      • Feb 2005

Cullpepper wont' be the CP of old. If we don't address the OL it won't matter if we have Montana's head on Mike Vicks body with Elways cannon and Marino's release!

fix the lines and see how fast the QB's get better

Comment

• BillsFever21
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Mikey82
        Daunte Culpepper and Chad Pennington - Both injured and that could totally affect their play. I don't think either of them will be the same again.
        If it was Buffalo who landed Culpepper you woun't be saying that. Take your blinders off. Culpepper will recover and be a good QB once again.

It's amazing the way people think around here. We have people who say signing a backup TE for 2 million a season is a great move but then saying our rivals getting Culpepper is a bad move.

Once again we're behind the 8-ball in our division. If Mangini ends up being a good coach we will be in last place for years to come. Jauron will never outcoach Belicheck and Saban. Most likely that's gonna be 3 losses right there if we're lucky enough to split with one of them.

Comment

• ICE74129
          Legendary Zoner
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BillsFever21
          If it was Buffalo who landed Culpepper you woun't be saying that. Take your blinders off. Culpepper will recover and be a good QB once again.

It's amazing the way people think around here. We have people who say signing a backup TE for 2 million a season is a great move but then saying our rivals getting Culpepper is a bad move.

Once again we're behind the 8-ball in our division. If Mangini ends up being a good coach we will be in last place for years to come. Jauron will never outcoach Belicheck and Saban. Most likely that's gonna be 3 losses right there if we're lucky enough to split with one of them.
          I don't think it is nearly that bad AND Cullpepper wont' be the same. Not after that massive damage.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
            Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
            • Jan 2004

I think Culpepper will do really well in Miami. I don't think Pennington will physically regress, but I don't think he has enough help around him to put up any significant numbers.

My point was, however, that every team in the AFC East has a starting QB that has gotten to the playoffs and knows how to win. The Bills don't.

Good teams are built around good QB's. We have one vet backup and a young guy who hasn't shown us anything in 2 seasons.

This is JP's make or break year.

And to make matters worse, they've got a young QB that has proven nothing playing in a tough division. Still haven't improved the OLine for our developing QB, and our #1 WR is probably gone. This is NOT A GOOD SITUATION to be in guys.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
              Roways rooking ahread!
              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by jfreeman
              NE - Tom Brady - 3 super bowls
              NYJ - Chad Pennington - took team to AFC title game
              MIA - Duante Culpepper - 135 Career TD's
              BUF - JP Losman - 1-7
              Kelly Holcomb - Career Backup

we are dead in the water.
              Wow, a real realist. I have an idea lets get another TE and WR, ok? Who the H*** is going to throw them the ball?? We're SOL, hope the Sabres finish it up this year. My gambling account was well drained thx to the Bills this season and I don't know if I can take another year like last.

Comment

• ICE74129
                Legendary Zoner
                • Feb 2005

I think Culpepper will do really well in Miami. I don't think Pennington will physically regress, but I don't think he has enough help around him to put up any significant numbers.

My point was, however, that every team in the AFC East has a starting QB that has gotten to the playoffs and knows how to win. The Bills don't.

Good teams are built around good QB's. We have one vet backup and a young guy who hasn't shown us anything in 2 seasons.

This is JP's make or break year.
                First Marv even stated JP was a rookie last year. Sitting and watching on a broken ankle does NOTHING for your development. Secondly the TEAM sucked and JP had no chance.

McCown is ahead of him. They gave him many more opportunities to work with. Also who would you think is a better mentor? Kurt Warner or Drew 'I won't play behind that guy' Bledsoe? mcCown has had a clear advantage

Comment

• ICE74129
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Skooby
                  Wow, a real realist. I have an idea lets get another TE and WR, ok? Who the H*** is going to throw them the ball?? We're SOL, hope the Sabres finish it up this year. My gambling account was well drained thx to the Bills this season and I don't know if I can take another year like last.
                  Then find a new team. this is a two offseason process and we aren't getting a Drew Brees in here to QB this team.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ICE74129
                    First Marv even stated JP was a rookie last year. Sitting and watching on a broken ankle does NOTHING for your development.
                    Really? Then why do half the QB's in the league end up sitting their first year or two then end up becoming the next Carson Palmer?

I'm tellin you, if JP comes out this season as a lame duck this team is dead in the water. The 3rd year in a QB's career is when they tend to turn the corner. If JP sits at the stop sign we are ****ed.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                      • Aug 2004

I think JP will pan out. Bills fans are too fickle and impatient. You can write off a young QB after about 8 games of NFL experience.

He has shown some flashes and has made some nice throws. He's also has great pocket awareness that you can't teach and can take off and run with it also. Some of the sacks he avoided are instincts not everyone has.

Once he develops and gets used to the offense he will be a good QB. There are tons of QB's who didn't even do as well as JP after 8 games. We also couldn't protect him worth crap either.

Get him some protection and once he learns the game he will be good. He has the confidence, abilities and instincts that make good QB's.

Comment

• ICE74129
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Feb 2005

Really? Then why do half the QB's in the league end up sitting their first year or two then end up becoming the next Carson Palmer?

I'm tellin you, if JP comes out this season as a lame duck this team is dead in the water. The 3rd year in a QB's career is when they tend to turn the corner. If JP sits at the stop sign we are ****ed.
                        Palmer started his 2nd year in the league after seeing some game time and able to practice all of his rookie year. He didn't look anywhere near 'Carson Palmer of today' in his 2nd season.

had JP been allowed to play the full 16 games he would be a much different QB than now.

Comment

• Michael82
                          • Jul 2002

nope. I don't like Culpepper. I think he is very overrated. Without Randy Moss, he is not the same. He was horrible last year in his first year without Moss and also was one of the boneheads that led the Boat cruise ****. I'm glad the Dolphins got that fool. Plus, I don't think he will ever be the Culpepper of old. We will never see him running around like Michael Vick again, IMO.

Comment

• ICE74129
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Feb 2005

I think JP will pan out. Bills fans are too fickle and impatient. You can write off a young QB after about 8 games of NFL experience.

He has shown some flashes and has made some nice throws. He's also has great pocket awareness that you can't teach and can take off and run with it also. Some of the sacks he avoided are instincts not everyone has.

Once he develops and gets used to the offense he will be a good QB. There are tons of QB's who didn't even do as well as JP after 8 games. We also couldn't protect him worth crap either.

Get him some protection and once he learns the game he will be good. He has the confidence, abilities and instincts that make good QB's.
                            now THAT was a reality post!

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ICE74129
                              Palmer started his 2nd year in the league after seeing some game time and able to practice all of his rookie year.
                              JP saw action in 4 games his rookie year.

I think he has all the tools to be an average QB in the NFL. He hasn't shown me any different. This is his year to show us what he's made of, however.

But if our FO doesn't give the guy some help they are gonna backtrack even worse than last year, esp when they end up dumping EM.

Comment

Working...
                              X