• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill Brasky
    Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
    • Jan 2004

Culpepper for a 2nd rounder?

What do you guys think of this deal? Do you really think he was worth a mid-2nd rounder, or could Minn have gotten more?
  • DynaPaul
    • Sep 2003

Re: Culpepper for a 2nd rounder?

Minny could have gotten a LITTLE more. I'm just happy the Dolphins have that knucklehead for a QB now. This pretty much assures us that they aren't winning a championship anytime soon.

Comment

• RedEyE
      • Jul 2002

If he bounces back then the Dolphins got a steal, but the fact that his knee is still questionable, and he won't be healed for quite some time, the Vikes may have gotten away with one.

Either way, Culpepper will most likely sit 2006. He tore all 3 of the major tendons in his knee and some of the iddy biddy ones too. There is a strong possibility that he may never recover and it's more then likely that his mobility won't ever be the same.

Both teams gambled. Only time will tell which team made the best choice.

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

The Dolphins were bidding against themselves. I love that they caved in and gave up the 2nd rounder.

Comment

• Gunzlingr
          • Jul 2002

2nd rounder seems cheap even tho he sucked ass last year before he got hurt. At least I won't have to see him do that gay-ass traveling signal every time he makes a play.
          You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• AndreReed83
            Dink or dunk, Mularkey just plain stunk.
            • Mar 2004

Personally, I think it's a good deal for Miami, there probably isn't any person available in the 2nd round for Miami that would have the impact a good QB will, and he'll be way better then Gus.

"Look it up Thurman!!!" ~Marv Levy~
            "It's like someone walking into your house and punching your mother RIGHT in the the face." ~Darryl Talley ~

Comment

• LtFinFan66
              • Mar 2005

Mikey, I can see the sweat on your forehead already....you try and cover it up with your snicker smiley but be realistic! It was a good pick-up for us! A 50% Daunte is better than a 100% Gus

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                • Jan 2004

come on guys. everybody knew the phins were a QB away from being a good team. they got a steal here.

let's remember a guy named Rosenfels with virtually no arm tore up our Bills in 1 QTR. Culpepper has an arm 10x the equivalent of Rosenfels, Gus Fartrots, or anybody else on their roster.

and even if his mobility is back at 70 or 80% when he returns, just remember how the Bills play against mobile QB's.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Mikey82
                  The Dolphins were bidding against themselves. I love that they caved in and gave up the 2nd rounder.
                  Oakland offered them a high 3rd rounder but Minnesota wouldn't take it. It's not like the Dolphins were the only team involved like we were with Bledsoe. That trade still haunts me.

A 2nd rounder is about Culpepper's value right now because of his knee injury. Without that it would've been an easy 1st round pick.

The winner of this trade won't be determined until we see how Culpepper's knee heals. If he's never the same then the Vikings won. If he comes back and he's the old Culpepper then Miami got a steal.

A 2nd rounder is worth taking the risk for with Culpepper. The guy has had some amazing seasons. If he doesn't come back the same then that's the breaks. You can't score big without taking chances.

Comment

• DynaPaul
                    • Sep 2003

Originally posted by jfreeman
                    come on guys. everybody knew the phins were a QB away from being a good team. they got a steal here
                    Unfortunately, they are still a QB away from being a good team. Culpepper is NOT a good QB. He makes terrible decisions and has shown that he isn't very effective when he doesn't have a superstar WR like Randy Moss to just chuck a ball to. (Moss made even pathetic Randall Cunningham look good.)

Minnesota got the better end from this trade.

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by DevilPaul
                      Unfortunately, they are still a QB away from being a good team. Culpepper is NOT a good QB. He makes terrible decisions and has shown that he isn't very effective when he doesn't have a superstar WR like Randy Moss to just chuck a ball to. (Moss made even pathetic Randall Cunningham look good.)

You just keep thinking that!

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                        • Jan 2004

So if you were a GM/HC you'd have Sage Rosenfels over Duante Culpepper on your depth chart?

Comment

• BillsFever21
                          • Aug 2004

He didn't have Moss to just chuck the ball too in 2004 either but still put up 39 TD passes.

Take the blinders off and get out of the denial. It's ok to accept that our rivals are better then we are. You're not any less of a fan.

I remember some saying Tom Brady wasn't gonna be anything without Charlie Weis too. Denial is all it is.

Comment

• MDFINFAN
                            • Jun 2003

Are you saying you wouldn't take Pepper right now if you had the chance to. Please, at 6' 4" and that rifle arm, a pro bowler muliple times, playoff tested and you're telling me you wouldn't take him..yea right. I really wanted pepper vs Drew at this point, I think I'll take a QB who can't scramble as much now, over a qb who might not be able to throw. I think that why his agent wanted so much up front guranteed money, just in case, I'm glad the phin's stopped short on that one.

Reach for the stars

Comment

• Gunzlingr
                              • Jul 2002

If he is healthy, the Dullphins win in this trade. I have personally posted here before that I think he is overrated, and sucks when he is under pressure, but he is better than anything the phins have now.
                              You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

Working...
                              X