X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DynaPaul
    • Sep 2003

Moulds is taking a paycut no matter what

Either way you see it Moulds is going to be forced to take a paycut. I actually think that by taking our offer he'll take less of a paycut. I know that his agent is asking for a trade or release right now but no one in their right mind is going trade for an older receiver with a huge cap number. So basically we're probably going to wait to release him until around training camp. By that time all of the big bucks, which are being thrown around always at this time of the year, will be dried up and he'll get some crappy contract for less money than he would have made had he taken our offer.

I think Moulds and his agent are being foolish. His time to make big money as a receiver is over and most likely he'll be less of a contributor on a new team than he would be here. This move makes no sense from both a business and football perspective.

Eric, just wake up and take the paycut already. Retire as a Bill.
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: Moulds is taking a paycut no matter what

Let him go. he doesn't want to be here.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Bill Brasky
      Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
      • Jan 2004

everybody realizes that except him.

Comment

• BillsFever21
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by DevilPaul
        Either way you see it Moulds is going to be forced to take a paycut. I actually think that by taking our offer he'll take less of a paycut. I know that his agent is asking for a trade or release right now but no one in their right mind is going trade for an older receiver with a huge cap number. So basically we're probably going to wait to release him until around training camp. By that time all of the big bucks, which are being thrown around always at this time of the year, will be dried up and he'll get some crappy contract for less money than he would have made had he taken our offer.

I think Moulds and his agent are being foolish. His time to make big money as a receiver is over and most likely he'll be less of a contributor on a new team than he would be here. This move makes no sense from both a business and football perspective.

Eric, just wake up and take the paycut already. Retire as a Bill.
        He had his big payday when we signed him 6 years ago. He needs to realize that. Nobody is gonna throw a ton of money to a 33 year old WR who hasn't been a playmaker in years.

If he thinks he's gonna get a long term big money deal he's smoking crack. He might get guranteed money of 7-9 million over a 2 year period but that's gonna be it.

Comment

• Ebenezer
          Give me a minute...
          • Jul 2002

there is more than just one guy and his contract...

1. nobody wants to set precedent...if one vet takes a pay cut then teams will start all the old vets to take a pay cut (or leave) - that puts too much bargaining power to the owners

2. saving face...players don't want to make it appear that they no longer have the upper hand or that they have been dissed.

3. why settle for less? you wouldn't in your job.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
            • Jan 2003

Maybe he wants to have a chance at a SB before he retires. Best case scenario, Buffalo challenges for a playoff berth NEXT year.

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
              1. nobody wants to set precedent...if one vet takes a pay cut then teams will start all the old vets to take a pay cut (or leave) - that puts too much bargaining power to the owners

2. saving face...players don't want to make it appear that they no longer have the upper hand or that they have been dissed.

3. why settle for less? you wouldn't in your job.
              1) Eb, he took less to stay with the team during his prime.

2) who's he trying to fool? Come to think of it, there's always Snyder and Davis. He could end up playing for them.

3)He's no longer at the prime of his career, don't you think his timing is off?
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• mybills
                81 st zoner
                • Jul 2002

Can I borrow a crystal ball?
                I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• ICE74129
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                  Let him go. he doesn't want to be here.
                  That is the fact that some fans just can't grasp for some reason.

Comment

• vicmantak
                    • Jun 2005

DevilPaul,

Excellent post. Bills spent a top draft pick, two unproductive seasons, many mediocre numbers, millions of dollars but specially we trust him. Fortunately for us, time is the best weapon against this kind of betrayal.

"Defeat is simply a signal to press onward"
                    - Helen Keller

"What we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down"

- Mary Pickford

Comment

• Ebenezer
                      Give me a minute...
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                      1) Eb, he took less to stay with the team during his prime.

2) who's he trying to fool? Come to think of it, there's always Snyder and Davis. He could end up playing for them.

3)He's no longer at the prime of his career, don't you think his timing is off?
                      I was speaking of players in general...not Moulds in particular.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

Working...
                      X