anyone concerned at all with whats going on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

anyone concerned at all with whats going on?

I'm not complaining, but did anyone expect Buffalo to come out the gates to Free Agency this slow?

Triplett basically takes care of Sam Adams.. Royal and Davis are role players, not impact players needed to turn a 5-11 season around.

I know there's plenty of time.. But you gotta say at this point.. A lot of the free agents that can really help us are starting to fall off the board left and right.

With all kinds of cap room I really though this team would make a major splash. So far, I been wrong.

Getting Pickett would have been a great move.. but it doesnt seem on the surface that's happening.

What's the next move?

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • lordofgun
    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Re: anyone concerned at all with whats going on?

We could still get pickett. Worrying about it is not going to change anything.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• The_Philster
      • Jul 2002

I'm not complaining, but did anyone expect Buffalo to come out the gates to Free Agency this slow?
      Yep...signing everyone in sight leads to overpaid players. Marv's too smart to panic
      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• EDS
        • Jan 2003

The sky is falling, the sky is falling!

Do you honestly think that the big players in free agency to date are going to be super bowl contenders? Has any team that has been a leading spender in free agency ever gone on to win a super bowl or even come close to making it to the super bowl?

Despite all the money they spend every year, have the redskins sniffed the super bowl?

It is overreactions like this that evidence why we are fans and not industry insiders.

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

I'm not concerned, yet.

Royal immediately improves the o-line, upgrades pass protection, and thus improves the running game.

Tripplett was a good signing for an area of need, DT.

Davis is, at worst, a replacement for Josh Reed, at best for Eric Moulds.

IF Pickett signs, and I repeat IF...it would be pure genius on OBD's part to actually snag two starting DT's that are young, talented, and not bank-breakers.

Marv and Co. certainly aren't done yet...I expect one (Wells), maybe even two offensive lineman signed...not big names, but bargain-types that have potential to contribute.

Marv has a good track record with FA's...

G John Davis (HOU), RB Kenneth Davis (GB), C Adam Lingner (KC), P Rick Tuten (PHI), RB Don Smith (TB), K Steve Christie (TB), WR Bill Brooks (IND), DE Jim Jeffcoat (DAL), LB Bryce Paup (GB), NT Ted Washington (DEN), WR Quinn Early (NO), LB Chris Spielman (DET)

YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
            • Mar 2004

I think Tripplett was a great signing. It seems like the light really turned on last year, so hopefully he'll do well for you guys 14 out of 16 games (hmm what 2 games would I hope he doesn't do well in, lol.) So will your DT be another FA, or the draft or both?

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
              The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by YardRat

Marv and Co. certainly aren't done yet...I expect one (Wells), maybe even two offensive lineman signed...not big names, but bargain-types that have potential to contribute.

Yikes Yardrat... that sounds frighteningly like the TD mantra.... are you sure this is a good philosophy? :)
              In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• ICE74129
                Legendary Zoner
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by The_Philster
                Yep...signing everyone in sight leads to overpaid players. Marv's too smart to panic
                Outstanding post. Don't sign players just to sign them. If what you want isn't there....dont' sign anyone. Wait until the draft. There are some guys there but again this is a two year process

Comment

• Bling
                  • Jul 2004

You have 14 million open.... and you guys are complaining about Moulds' contract? Hutchinson was out there, Bentley was out there, even a Sam Madison was out there. You didn't spend any money. Instead you spend millions of people with "potential".

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
                    The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Bling
                    You have 14 million open.... and you guys are complaining about Moulds' contract? Hutchinson was out there, Bentley was out there, even a Sam Madison was out there. You didn't spend any money. Instead you spend millions of people with "potential".
                    Bling.. 14 mill doesnt go very far, and if moulds is eating 7 or so mill then it goes even faster. the key is to spend wisely, and thats the cunundrum.... everyone has their own opinion of what "wise" is.. but the bottom line is just that... we need to build from the LINE out, and so far we are not seeing an awful lot of encouraging signs on that front.... but FA is still got alot of time left... I'm willing to wait it out and give the 1BD crew time to do it right, not rush to sign just for the sake of signing :)
                    In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• ICE74129
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Feb 2005

Even a dumb fin fan can understand that Hutch took up 13 mill on this years cap and Bentley took up a ton as well. STUPID move for the bills to try and make. But then again you aren't even a dumb fin fan so we dont' expect you to get it.

Comment

• Bling
                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by ICE74129
                        Even a dumb fin fan can understand that Hutch took up 13 mill on this years cap and Bentley took up a ton as well. STUPID move for the bills to try and make. But then again you aren't even a dumb fin fan so we dont' expect you to get it.
                        What are you babbling about?

Comment

• Dicknoze69
                          Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
                          • Jul 2002

Spending money on "potential" is much better than blowing your fiscal responsibility on players who just aren't worth it. I'd prefer to have cap flexibility so we have the means to address problems as they arise.

Hutch wasn't coming here, and the Vikes/Hawks will be overpaying him. Bentley was going home, and the Browns overpaid by a mile. Madison is old, and it's preferable to have players just entering their prime so they may improve, rather than someone who is old, past their peak, and will decline.

Giving someone who isn't that good a monster contract is the single quickest way to put your team in financial trouble.

God give me style and give me grace
                          God put a smile upon my face

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by keithtr
                            Bling.. 14 mill doesnt go very far, and if moulds is eating 7 or so mill then it goes even faster. the key is to spend wisely, and thats the cunundrum.... everyone has their own opinion of what "wise" is.. but the bottom line is just that... we need to build from the LINE out, and so far we are not seeing an awful lot of encouraging signs on that front.... but FA is still got alot of time left... I'm willing to wait it out and give the 1BD crew time to do it right, not rush to sign just for the sake of signing :)
                            Moulds contract already counts against the cap, not the amount the team is under.
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Bling
                              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Dicknoze69
                              Spending money on "potential" is much better than blowing your fiscal responsibility on players who just aren't worth it. I'd prefer to have cap flexibility so we have the means to address problems as they arise.

Hutch wasn't coming here, and the Vikes/Hawks will be overpaying him. Bentley was going home, and the Browns overpaid by a mile. Madison is old, and it's preferable to have players just entering their prime so they may improve, rather than someone who is old, past their peak, and will decline.

Giving someone who isn't that good a monster contract is the single quickest way to put your team in financial trouble.
                              Then when you guys come back next season 6-10, and wonder where your playoff berth is....

Comment

Working...
                              X