PDA

View Full Version : Get Miller out of there!!

JD
03-14-2006, 06:47 PM
3 Goals, 10 shots. Another fine game Ryan, why do you decide to jump into a slump when it's most crucial??
:bullseye:

The_Philster
03-14-2006, 06:51 PM
and people were clamoring to trade Marty :shakeno:

YardRat
03-14-2006, 06:53 PM
I think the kid is wore out from the long season at this level.

Hopefully not, and it's just a little slump.

JD
03-14-2006, 06:54 PM
I have no idea why Ruff would start Miller after Marty played a good game.

Ebenezer
03-14-2006, 07:01 PM
the olympic break could not have happened at a worse time.

qcsabresfan84
03-14-2006, 08:44 PM
He can't possible be worn out because he jjust had two and half week break, and he had a month off earlier in the year with his thumb injury. I think that it is just a slump for him. I think the best way for him to get out of it is to just keep on playing. Fortunately our offense has been ridiculously sick during his slump so it hasn't affected the results.

chubluv
03-14-2006, 09:35 PM
Its better for Ryan to be in a slump now rather then in the playoffs. He will be fine he looked good in the 2nd & 3rd periods except for their 4th goal at the end of the 2nd.

PUCKER
03-14-2006, 10:15 PM
Its better for Ryan to be in a slump now rather then in the playoffs. He will be fine he looked good in the 2nd & 3rd periods except for their 4th goal at the end of the 2nd.

Agreed. Hes in a slump,but hopefully he will shake it before the playoffs.

Bill Brasky
03-14-2006, 10:48 PM
typical buffalo sports fashion... however, the offense has been unstoppable lately. this team can beat anybody, any way... plus if all else fails they can go to Biron!

doomsdayvirus
03-15-2006, 09:11 AM
miller's confidence is obviously a bit shaken by his slump.

but he needs to play his way out of it. and now is a good time to do it. the playoffs are secured, and the offense is hot. it's going to be a tough stretch, but we're pretty safe at this point.

he won't get better riding the pine. and if he keeps getting pulled, his confidence will only get worse. especially as a 'rookie'. he needs to find his own way out of this, and his team, coach and fans have to have faith in him.

ruff keeps starting him because he knows that miller's the better goalie when he's hot.

that said, i'm thankful we have marty around still. he's one hell of an insurance plan!

SkateZilla
03-15-2006, 11:46 AM
watch the highlights and look at the defense,

Poor Coverage.... Poor Assignments,

Dont blame goalies for D Breakdowns,

buffalofan19
03-15-2006, 11:56 AM
I agree for the most part, but Miller went down way too early on Halpern's goal, and I didn't think he looked to sharp on Clymer's first goal either. Granted, he was all alone, but Miller looked like he was in position for it and just whiffed.

BTW, Skate, did you PVR the game or no? If you did, be sure to include Kalinin's hit on Ovechkin.

SkateZilla
03-15-2006, 12:01 PM
I agree for the most part, but Miller went down way too early on Halpern's goal, and I didn't think he looked to sharp on Clymer's first goal either. Granted, he was all alone, but Miller looked like he was in position for it and just whiffed.

BTW, Skate, did you PVR the game or no? If you did, be sure to include Kalinin's hit on Ovechkin.

Check The Forums For that Answer :)

Kalinins Hit isnt In there, I Only Do Goals and Replays and stuff, I have it on teh PVR Still so when I Make a Huge Highlights Video this summer it'll proly be in there

doomsdayvirus
03-15-2006, 12:06 PM
watch the highlights and look at the defense,

Poor Coverage.... Poor Assignments,

Dont blame goalies for D Breakdowns,

true dat. your goalie can't do everything for you. he should only have to make the initial save, then it's up to your defense to get the puck out of there, or to prevent it from getting there in the first place!

still, it's undeniable that miller has hit a slump. but i have absolute faith that he'll pull out of it. his teammates aren't about to let him (or anyone) slip!

SkateZilla
03-15-2006, 12:16 PM
after ruff chewed the Players a New one, (he said he did in an interview), the Players started playing better positioning and stuff and look, Miller makes 15 saves in teh 3rd alone