PDA

View Full Version : NEW UPDATED CnnSi Mock...Some will like it!

LtFinFan66
03-14-2006, 08:22 PM
<TABLE style="BORDER-RIGHT: #666 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #666 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #666 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #666 1px solid" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=554 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=pick_a>8</TD><TD class=player_a>http://i.cnn.net/si/images/football/nfl/logos/bills_30.gif</TD><TD class=player_a>LB</TD><TD class=player_name_a>A.J. Hawk</TD><TD class=player_a>Ohio State</TD><TD class=player_a>Sr.</TD><TD class=player_a>6-1</TD><TD class=weight_a>240</TD></TR><TR><TD class=analysis_a colSpan=8>In London Fletcher and Jeff Posey, the Bills have a couple of starting linebackers who are past their 30th birthdays. Hawk had great showings at both the combine and his pro day, and he's an impact addition for a defense that tumbled a long way in the league rankings in 2005. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/don_banks/03/14/mock.draft3.part1/index.html

YardRat
03-14-2006, 08:27 PM
The LAST position I would take if I were the Bills is LB.

That's probably why Hawk will be the choice in April :D

LtFinFan66
03-14-2006, 08:29 PM
Personally I hope he doesn't fall to you. I am a Buckeye fan and hate when they go to division rivals. Makes it hard to root for them!: Like Nugent to the Jets last year :down:

:lolpoint: JETS

ICE74129
03-14-2006, 08:42 PM

LMAO rat hits it again

Devin
03-14-2006, 08:43 PM
Honestly if Hawk is there at 8 I take him.....hear me out.

Firstly the guy is as impact as they come, yes i know we dont need a LB and ultimatley if he is there at 8 and we get a solid deal to trade down sure...

But having a guy like Hawk on my team is never a bad thing.

I wouldnt trade up for him or anything, just saying if hes there.

ICE74129
03-14-2006, 09:06 PM

Firstly the guy is as impact as they come, yes i know we dont need a LB and ultimatley if he is there at 8 and we get a solid deal to trade down sure...

Oh I love the guy as a player. He will be an impact player for years to come. But if we dont have the right guys in front of him he is screwed. I want to see the DL completed and some OL moves addressed before taking an impact LB. Not only that, we would be backloaded at LB. that would give us 5 starters and can only play 3 of them

camelcowboy
03-14-2006, 09:19 PM
I think this draft is pretty acturate up top, i could see us having a pick between davis, Huff, or Hawk. If i were GM, trade down.

ICE74129
03-14-2006, 09:26 PM
I think this draft is pretty acturate up top, i could see us having a pick between davis, Huff, or Hawk. If i were GM, trade down.

I still would like to see marv get on the phone with Bowlen and shanahan and offer moulds and #8 for both of thier firsts!

chubluv
03-14-2006, 09:29 PM
I'm torn cause I would love him on my team. He would probably start over Posey, but if Huff & Vernon Davis are there also i wouldnt mind them either.

feelthepain
03-14-2006, 09:32 PM
Two things,Winston Justice is not good enough to go as high as 16 or 32 for that matter and who's not in that first round mock "anywhere"??? Thats right, McNiel..... imagine that.

McClane
03-14-2006, 09:41 PM
The 49ers should take AJ Hawk...

Leaves us with Brick...

Bert102176
03-14-2006, 09:43 PM
I would take Hawk cause I don't really think Posey is that great

camelcowboy
03-14-2006, 09:45 PM
I don't see why posey is still on this team, with crowell emerging. Save some cap and cut his underachieving ass.

Forward_Lateral
03-14-2006, 10:06 PM
If Hawk is there at 8 and the Bills don't select him, it will be the biggest mistake in franchise history. You don't pass up guys like that. You just don't.

LifetimeBillsFan
03-15-2006, 01:37 AM
Two things,Winston Justice is not good enough to go as high as 16 or 32 for that matter and who's not in that first round mock "anywhere"??? Thats right, McNiel..... imagine that.

Did you see his bowl game or his Senior Bowl practices and game performance?

If you did, you'd know why a lot of people have McNeil dropping out of the first round now. McNeil was horrible--especially at the Senior Bowl where the DEs were beating him like a drum so bad that, during the game, they shifted him to RT, where he still got beat and looked lost trying to find someone to block on a couple of running plays.

McNeil has great size, looks superb in his uniform, but has horrible footwork for a guy who has played so much in an SEC program--his blocks are too high and he's off-balance a lot because he has a tendency to get his shoulders out over his knees when he pass blocks. And, while he can physically dominate a defender who is straight up on him, he rarely gets to someone on the second level, especially when the play goes to the opposite side. He played well for Auburn, but will need to respond better to coaching and improve a lot to become a real player on the NFL level. The reason that he has fallen so much in the estimation of a lot of draft gurus is that I'm not the only one who thinks that McNeil has the potential to be a bust written all over him (I'm not saying he will be, but there are so many other OTs in this draft who have looked better than him in their bowl games and all-star performances that McNeil is looking like much more of a risk in comparison.)

clumping platelets
03-15-2006, 02:08 AM

Why? That same logic would have us taking someone other than McGahee......when you have a chance at a potential franchise player.....you grab him

LifetimeBillsFan
03-15-2006, 02:09 AM
The 49ers should take AJ Hawk...

Leaves us with Brick...

I agree. With the 49ers losing Carter and likely J.Peterson, they will need a LB who can step in right away and Hawk is their man there.

If Leinart goes to the Jets in a likely trade up, I don't know that the Titans don't go for Young rather than Cutler and, then, the question might be whether Oakland goes for Cutler or Huff or decides to trade down with someone who wants Ferguson.

If things fall this way to the 49ers, I see the Bills getting Brick unless SF or the Raiders trade down. I really doubt Hawk falls to the Bills.

Bill Brasky
03-15-2006, 02:16 AM
Wow. I'm glad to know that I am not the only one who thinks we will be in major LB trouble in the next 2-3 seasons. If Buffalo is lucky enough to grab this guy it would be a steal! This could make the defense very diverse this season.

Or you can think of it like this... when Posey's underperforming ass finally leaves town they can give Crowell the job (he's earned it) and then maybe try to trade Fletcher and our LB's would be Crowell, Hawk, Spikes... with McGee, Clements, Schobel, Triplett... sounds good to me!

Devin
03-15-2006, 02:18 AM
Why? That same logic would have us taking someone other than McGahee......when you have a chance at a potential franchise player.....you grab him

Agree 100%. Thats the point I was trying to get across.

Of course he isnt a need, and id rather a DE/Brick...etc. But if Hawk for some reason fell to 8.......good god pick him!

What if Spikes doesnt recover for some god-awful reason?

All I am saying is if that happened Hawk is the best player available.

vicmantak
03-15-2006, 02:38 AM
Sorry but this mock draft No.3 doesn't make sense.
1. Why Jets will trade up if they already know that Saints will not draft a QB.
2. Why Jets will trade up if they already know that Vince Young, Jay Cutler or inclusive Matt Leinart will be available at 4.
3. I wonder what make Don Banks think that Teneesee will draft a QB?
4. I also wonder what make Don Banks think that Marv Levy will draft a LB as a priority. Does he is trying to help the Bills FO notice the real liablity to stop the run?

Devin
03-15-2006, 02:47 AM
2. Why Jets will trade up if they already know that Vince Young, Jay Cutler or inclusive Matt Leinart will be available at 4.
4. I also wonder what make Don Banks think that Marv Levy will draft a LB as a priority. Does he is trying to help the Bills FO notice the real liablity to stop the run?

If AJ Hawk falls to 8 Levy will draft him.

dannyek71
03-15-2006, 06:46 AM
Can hawk play anywhere but MLB?

don137
03-15-2006, 07:08 AM
I'm with Devin and Clump. You just can't pass on a guy like Hawk if he's there at #8. He is a ballhawk, has the kind of attitude Levy loves and is a playmaker. You can't pass on him unless someone offers us a nice trade.

NorthCarBills
03-15-2006, 07:12 AM
I can't see the 49ers taking Brick with the recent and huge financial signing of Jennings. Doesnt make sense. The other whammy is if the Jets are still trying to get a FA QB.

I'm still trying to accept the fact we wont be drafting Davis due to the Royal signing. No offense to Royal - I respect he's a good blocking TE which we need.

mysticsoto
03-15-2006, 07:17 AM

This mock draft was done before some of the latest FA changes. I guarantee they will have to redo it soon, as it doesn't make sense the way it is anymore. NO will not take Leinart when they just paid an arm and a leg for Brees. They will likely take Mario Williams. That leaves the Jets with Cutler or Young (likely Cutler). Which also means that someone may make a trade up to get Vince Young...OR...the Raiders could take him. Either way, there will be changes at the top. I also think the 49ers may grab Hawk - they will need a starter at LB!!!

patmoran2006
03-15-2006, 09:38 AM

I agree with you 100%.. You cant just think about 2006.. This guy plays like a damn monster and if he falls to eight you have to take him man. He' better than Posey or Crowell NOW and he's also insurance if TKO doesnt make it all the way back.

That being said, it isnt happening.. I dont see him lasting until 8..
1- Hou- Bush
2- NO- Williams
3- Tenn- Leinart
4- NYJ- Brick
5- GB- Hawk
6- SF- Davis (just too damn good), or Huff
7- Oak- Cutler, or one of the guys above who fell.

8- Buffalo
(Brees signing with NO did Buffalo no favors draft wise.. These guys are the best 7 in the draft and in some order are going to be the first seven picks)

Buffalo is going to either pencil in Ngata..........Or they are going to trade down.. I assume Marv isn't taking Vince Young. Or you could see a surprise and see him go after Jimmy Williams.

The morale of the story is: Hawk's gonna be gone, and with NO not taking a QB, I"m thinking Huff will be too.

Vince Young being in the top seven mix is good for Buffalo.. If the Jets take Cutler, it may force Oakland's hand to take Young.