PDA

View Full Version : Bills show interest in Urlacher's Brother

BLeonard
01-31-2003, 10:10 PM
From Bills Rock.com:

Not only has he amassed over one hundred tackles the three seasons but Ulracher has been his school's MVP for three consecutive seasons. But don't think he's only a threat on defense as he led his team in kickoff returns last season and this season led his team in total touchtowns (10) as he saw some spot duty at RB.

http://billsbillspage.com/home.shtml

I heard he also did some Punt Returns, and played Safety and Wideout. With that many skills, I'd spend a late round pick on him.

-Bill

RedEyE
01-31-2003, 10:14 PM
Interesting. Worth a look.

venis2k1
01-31-2003, 10:24 PM
http://www.d3football.com/images/photos/lfccurlacher.jpg http://images.nfl.com/images/players/60x80/187400.jpg

talk about family resemblance.

BLeonard
01-31-2003, 10:52 PM
I'll take him if he plays anything like Brain. I don't really care what he looks like :)

-Bill

venis2k1
01-31-2003, 10:55 PM
He plays Div. III ball, he cant be that good.

TigerJ
01-31-2003, 11:01 PM
I wonder if he's as fast as Brian.

TigerJ
01-31-2003, 11:06 PM
Marty and Matt's Draft Page (specializing in obscure sleeper type players) says he's got 4.53 speed. That's plenty fast enough. Here's the link: http://www.allsports.com/nfl/prodraft/lb_s1.htm

BLeonard
01-31-2003, 11:08 PM
Division III has to do with school size (how many people attend) not how good a football player who goes there is.

If I recall, Steve McNair went to a Division II school.

-Bill

lordofgun
01-31-2003, 11:14 PM
this guy was pretty good too...

Andre Reed, played at Kutztown from 1981-84. He went on to play 16 years in the NFL before retiring in 2000. He has been married for 10 years with two children, Auburn (8) and Andre Jr. (6). He started doing Chargers games for FOX6 in San Diego and says he is a fulltime dad and hopes to act someday. Andre was recently inducted into the Division II Football Hall of Fame.

BLeonard
01-31-2003, 11:19 PM
Heh, he hopes to act?? I already heard him sing... There was much to be desired *L*

-Bill

Ingtar33
02-01-2003, 12:44 AM
I actually, have to do a bit of a backtrack on this one... I'm not sure who it was, but someone over the course of the season messaged me asking me what I thought about Urlacher... well I told them, that I cant remember the last D3 player who made it in the NFL, and that he would be an undrafted rookie at best... well I've seen him since, and I recalled that London Fletcher was a D3 standout before being an un-drafted pickup by the Rams, so the precedence in their for a D3 player making it at LB.

He's worth a 5th-7th round gamble....

kgun12
02-01-2003, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by venis2k1
He plays Div. III ball, he cant be that good.

My sons school Victor High has a College sports night every year for kids who are looking to play college sports. The 2 people give the lecture about recuiting was saying that there isn't much difference except student #'s between D2 and D3 athletics, they also said that many more athletes are opting for D3 for many reason and that D2 school athletic program might become a thing of the past. I know a little off topic but, school size no matter what they tell you just might not matter:biggrin:

mush69
02-02-2003, 06:32 AM
McNair played at Alcorn State. Nothing wrong with looking at the lower Dvision schools and the people playing at that level. I call it the "Diamond in the rough syndrome".

Dozerdog
02-02-2003, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by BLeonard
Division III has to do with school size (how many people attend) not how good a football player who goes there is.

-Bill
Jim Haslett went to Div III Indiana University (In Pennsylvania) and recorded 20 sacks his sophmore season as a DE.

TigerJ
02-02-2003, 05:27 PM
If a guy has the athleticism and he's smart, I don't think there's any reason why a D3 guy can't make it. It just means he's going to have a bigger learning curve in terms of adjusting to the size of players and the speed of the game in the pros. He dominated at D3. He won't in the pros and that may be hard to get used to at first.

SoCalBillsFan
02-02-2003, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by BLeonard

Mcnair went to a div 1AA school, alcorn state

there is a huge difference detween Division III and D I college ball. The best football players don't go to d III schools. Of course, every once and a while there is one, I'm not saying urlacher can't be one, but to think d 3 is not much different than d 1 is innacurate