PDA

View Full Version : Charles Rogers

losman2evans
03-15-2006, 12:46 AM
Like to try him out. A big bust in Detroit with shoulder injuries and work ethic, but he has a lot of potential.
he
Potential #1 receiver at a decent price. I believe is expected to be released or traded.
I know the easy answer is no way, but being an MSU grad- he was fun to watch i college- biased observer here.

Michael82
03-15-2006, 01:40 PM
pass

Jeff1220
03-15-2006, 01:42 PM
At a low cost, he has the talent worth taking a risk on.

Dicknoze69
03-15-2006, 01:57 PM
if he's low-cost, he'd be a great signing. I love cheap players who could have an extremely high reward.

capitolneal
03-15-2006, 02:00 PM
I like him at a even a mid range price his first 2 yrs were collarbone I think he has so much upside and he is going to be a very good reciever

Jersey1031
03-15-2006, 02:30 PM
I like him at a even a mid range price his first 2 yrs were collarbone I think he has so much upside and he is going to be a very good reciever

Huge upside but he's not a FA...

Tatonka
03-15-2006, 10:13 PM
i really like this kid still.. he would be a great player to trade for imho.

Jersey1031
03-15-2006, 10:18 PM
i really like this kid still.. he would be a great player to trade for imho.

Sounds good to me if we're going to end up dropping Eric. Detroit hasn't given up on him yet... What would it take to lure him away a 2nd rounder?

Kerr
03-15-2006, 10:22 PM
Character issues. That's enough for Marv to turn the other cheek.

Jersey1031
03-15-2006, 10:24 PM
Character issues. That's enough for Marv to turn the other cheek.

That comes with being a Widereceiver these days...

tat2dmike77
03-15-2006, 10:34 PM
Like to try him out. A big bust in Detroit with shoulder injuries and work ethic, but he has a lot of potential.
he
Potential #1 receiver at a decent price. I believe is expected to be released or traded.
I know the easy answer is no way, but being an MSU grad- he was fun to watch i college- biased observer here.

Well one thing is for certain i can tell by your typing that you definatlly graduated from a michigan school

Jersey1031
03-15-2006, 10:36 PM
Well one thing is ofr certain i can tell by your typing that you definatlly graduated from a michigan school

...that's funny

TigerJ
03-15-2006, 10:41 PM
I wouldn't want to give up much in the way of a draft choice in a trade, but if Detroit releases him, I'd take a serious look.

vicmantak
03-15-2006, 10:45 PM
Curiously something tells me that a block trade with the Detriot Lions is viable and attractive.

By contract situation and popularity Moulds and J.P. for Harrington and Rogers really makes sense...

Jersey1031
03-15-2006, 10:48 PM
I wouldn't want to give up much in the way of a draft choice in a trade, but if Detroit releases him, I'd take a serious look.

Oh, without a doubt. But getting him in a trade would be a lot easier than trying to get him up to B-Lo and signing him after he were cut.

Jersey1031
03-15-2006, 10:49 PM
Curiously something tells me that a block trade with the Detriot Lions is viable and attractive.

By contract situation and popularity Moulds and J.P. for Harrington and Rogers really makes sense...

Why would they want Mould's huge contract. I don't think anyone would want it, unless he restructures...

tat2dmike77
03-15-2006, 10:53 PM
:lmao: send moulds to detroit that would be funny. Kind of an ironic thing ya know. He wants to goto a winner and instead the bills say uh no were gonna send you to detroit. You think you had it bad here just wait till you get there buh bye.

Tatonka
03-15-2006, 11:46 PM
detriot didnt take mike williams to be a 3rd wr..

rogers will get cut.. he is making first round money.

ZacGriffi~82
03-15-2006, 11:58 PM
People seem to forget this is only one round of free agency.

vicmantak
03-16-2006, 12:04 AM
Why would they want Mould's huge contract. I don't think anyone would want it, unless he restructures...
Harrington means Lions to trash $3.5 mil of dead cap if released or an unnecessary and controversial $8.5 mil backup after they signed FA John Kitna. http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9001646
Moulds means Bills to trash $5.3 mil of dead cap or a $10 mil WR starter.

In the other hand:
Charles Rodgers means Lions a talented and relatively cheap #1 WR but also an unpopular, drug issue and injury prone top draft choice who hasn't lived expectations.
J.P. Losman means Bills a talented #1 QB to develop but also an unpopular Donahoe experiment who gambles the FO and coaching staff jobs who doesn't live expectations too.

In other words, Moulds means a proven $3.5 mil #1 WR to the Lions and Harrington means a $3 mil more experienced QB to compete for the Bills starting spot (if you consider the dead cap they create if released) and two other players involved to make this trade more realistic according to the "blank spaces" they would create.

Sportsuser101
03-16-2006, 12:20 AM
Too much talent to be a cheap buy. Too many teams would want him and I believe the Potsons (well 1 of them anyway haha Carl) are his agents.

STAMPY
03-16-2006, 01:31 AM
I'd take him in a second! Give him half what Moulds gets

mysticsoto
03-16-2006, 08:03 AM
I'd pass. He'd probably get hurt just trying to pass a physical for us...

Michael82
03-16-2006, 02:57 PM
:rofl:

Mr.Reality
03-16-2006, 04:29 PM
:rofl:

rogers will get cut.. he is making first round money.
When discussing the Lions, you always have to remember that Matt Millen is the GM. And he is without a doubt the worst GM in the game. In his mind, the Lions should have won two Super Bowls with the All Stars he's assembled over the past 5 years.

Mr.Reality
03-16-2006, 04:40 PM
On Rogers:

The dude has tons of talent and potential in theory. He's fast and he can make the hard catch.

In reality, though, he's pretty much a waste of a roster spot. There's a 70 % chance he's going to suffer some kind of injury, about a 80% chance he's gonna be blown out of his mind on pot, and only about a 10% chance that he gives a crap about it one way or the other.

There were some pretty bad rumors going around about him a couple of years ago, stuff that, under the circumstances, it's pretty hard to doubt seeing how he's conducted himself over the last year, or two, one of them with him fairly "healthy".

Under the circumstances, I think the Lions are about the only ones dumb enough to pay him anywhere near what he thinks he's worth. So he probably won't go anywhere.

My guess, and it's only a guess, is that he'll be out of the league in two or three years.

mysticsoto
03-16-2006, 05:42 PM
On Rogers:

The dude has tons of talent and potential in theory. He's fast and he can make the hard catch.

In reality, though, he's pretty much a waste of a roster spot. There's a 70 % chance he's going to suffer some kind of injury, about a 80% chance he's gonna be blown out of his mind on pot, and only about a 10% chance that he gives a crap about it one way or the other.

There were some pretty bad rumors going around about him a couple of years ago, stuff that, under the circumstances, it's pretty hard to doubt seeing how he's conducted himself over the last year, or two, one of them with him fairly "healthy".

Under the circumstances, I think the Lions are about the only ones dumb enough to pay him anywhere near what he thinks he's worth. So he probably won't go anywhere.

My guess, and it's only a guess, is that he'll be out of the league in two or three years.

Actually, to be honest, I'd take Rogers and dump Jonathan Smith anyday. I think Fast Freddie is a waste of a roster spot. And if Rogers were to get hurt again, oh well...as long as he's cheap, he wouldn't affect the team much. But if he doesn't, there'd be a huge upside.

Haven't said that, I'd treat him like a 5th WR and would not consider him a replacement for Moulds. If he pans out and we can use him more...great. But I would make sure there is a back up plan (rookie WR with height and potential) in case it doesn't pan out. Once again...must be cheap though.

Mr.Reality
03-16-2006, 05:53 PM
See, but he won't come cheap. That's just it. Millen won't just cut him. He's too stubborn for that. And he still thinks Rogers is a star. And Rogers is getting paid probably more than he's going to get anywhere else, so he has no incentive to leave.

I think the odds of Millen cutting Rogers and just letting him walk are pretty much zero. He's thinking the same thing you guys are thinking. "If we get his signing bonus back for failing a piss test etc, he's not really that expensive anymore and I have no reason to cut him because he could still be worth the risk."

Bill Cody
03-16-2006, 06:54 PM
Millen already said he's not cutting Rogers this year. And don't forget, one more toke and he's suspended for a full year. Rogers is in the process of blowing what could have been a great career.

Billsrock4life
03-16-2006, 08:27 PM
He does have alot of talent and potential i'll give him that but he broke his leg 2 years in arow and he has some character problemz as well i don't think marv would be willing 2 take him