PDA

View Full Version : How long b4 the chargers pull Rivers?

ICE74129
03-15-2006, 07:57 AM
Or do they have the guts to do the RIGHT Thing and stick with him for a full season regardless of what happens?

Jeff1220
03-15-2006, 08:48 AM
Pull him? For who? Feely?

ICE74129
03-15-2006, 08:49 AM
Sure why not? We pulled JP for another career loser with no arm.

Jeff1220
03-15-2006, 08:51 AM
:tired:

Jeff1220
03-15-2006, 08:52 AM
:deadhorse

ICE74129
03-15-2006, 09:03 AM
And I don't see reports of a 'QB competition for rivers either'. Maybe Marty gets it?

Kerr
03-15-2006, 09:12 AM
As every coach calls it a "qb competition", it's really Rivers job to lose. He was their top pick and they invested a lot in him. I don't take the term "qb competition" seriously when it involves a more talented qb and less talented qb. Having said that, this is Losman's job to lose.

ICE74129
03-15-2006, 09:13 AM
As every coach calls it a "qb competition", it's really Rivers job to lose. He was their top pick and they invested a lot in him. I don't take the term "qb competition" seriously when it involves a more talented qb and less talented qb. Having said that, this is Losman's job to lose.

LMAO but what I am getting at Kerr is they aren't even going to have one so to speak. It's Rivers job, the vets know it, tough S@!#. that is how Marty is handling it.

justasportsfan
03-15-2006, 09:18 AM
:deadhorseHaha! You got suckered into posting on Ice's daily "I Love Jp" thread by using Rivers as a disguise

ICE74129
03-15-2006, 09:28 AM
Haha! You got suckered into posting on Ice's daily "I Love Jp" thread by using Rivers as a disguise

Here is what you still dont' get...It isn't JP. Cut JP Bring in McCown for all I care. But McCown should be the QB, holcomb the Backup and be done with it. If Marv truely wants to compete he has to find ONE QB and stick with him no matter what. Holcomb isn't the answer so its either JP or someone else. At this point as long as it isn't holcomb I don't care WHO it is.

justasportsfan
03-15-2006, 09:39 AM
Here is what you still dont' get...It isn't JP. Cut JP Bring in McCown for all I care. But McCown should be the QB, holcomb the Backup and be done with it. If Marv truely wants to compete he has to find ONE QB and stick with him no matter what. Holcomb isn't the answer so its either JP or someone else. At this point as long as it isn't holcomb I don't care WHO it is.

See, I told you guys. He just used Rivers. :D.

patmoran2006
03-15-2006, 09:40 AM
One thing is for sure.. Marty is coaching for his job this year.. so if Rivers struggles he will yank him.. Its stupid.. but its what coaches do when they coach for their job.. cough cough mularkey

justasportsfan
03-15-2006, 09:42 AM
One thing is for sure.. Marty is coaching for his job this year.. so if Rivers struggles he will yank him.. Its stupid.. but its what coaches do when they coach for their job.. cough cough mularkey
That's what I thought too. If Brees didn't light it up to everyones surprise , Marty would've been jobless.

Kerr
03-15-2006, 09:45 AM
LMAO but what I am getting at Kerr is they aren't even going to have one so to speak. It's Rivers job, the vets know it, tough S@!#. that is how Marty is handling it.

It's become evident to me that "qb competition" is only used by coaches to fool their own players and the media. Mularkey and co. in a way put in jp in a position to have all the veterans hate him because he was just given the job without any sort of "competition". It wouldn't have been a problem if jp were able to play better, but put his own mistakes and the mistakes of the coaching staff, and you've got a disaster. You see, even if jp wasn't ready and wasn't the better qb in camp, at least he wouldn't have veterans so bitter at him because he actually "fought" for the job in camp.

ICE74129
03-15-2006, 09:46 AM

and then MM quit. Go figure. That said, Marty honestly doesn't give a damn. he and AJ Smith are so at odds that it really doesn't matter what he does, he will most likely be fired anyway.

DJ isn't coaching for his job. Marv and Ralph will give him about 3 years to get on track so pick a QB (Any other than holcomb) and lets get on with it.

ICE74129
03-15-2006, 09:47 AM
It's become evident to me that "qb competition" is only used by coaches to fool their own players and the media. Mularkey and co. in a way put in jp in a position to have all the veterans hate him because he was just given the job without any sort of "competition". It wouldn't have been a problem if jp were able to play better, but put his own mistakes and the mistakes of the coaching staff, and you've got a disaster. You see, even if jp wasn't ready and wasn't the better qb in camp, at least he wouldn't have veterans so bitter at him because he actually "fought" for the job in camp.

As I have said my friend, they are BS. I have ran them myself and they ALWAYS are set up to favor one guy. just wait and see.

justasportsfan
03-15-2006, 09:49 AM
DJ isn't coaching for his job. Marv and Ralph will give him about 3 years to get on track so pick a QB (Any other than holcomb) and lets get on with it.Don't you think they already know this? You like :deadhorse

ICE74129
03-15-2006, 09:52 AM
Don't you think they already know this? You like :deadhorse

No it's my job to remind them.