PDA

View Full Version : PFT lists Bills as a Meshaun possibility

Jeff1220
03-15-2006, 08:58 AM
MESHAWN HITS THE MARKET

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

The Dallas Cowboys have terminated the contract of receiver Keyshawn Johnson, avoiding a $1 million roster bonus and saving $1.5 million in 2006 cap space.

Johnson, 33, is now free to sign with any team.

The No. 1 overall pick in the 1996 draft is an intriguing addition to an offseason with slim pass-catching pickings on the open market or in the draft. The Packers and Eagles could be immediately interested.

Other possibilities include Buffalo, New England, Miami, Baltimore, Houston, Carolina, and Chicago.

justasportsfan
03-15-2006, 09:01 AM
He's no where close to being a Marv type of player. Then again , anything can happen but I doubt he wears a bills uniform next year.

Bill Brasky
03-15-2006, 09:01 AM
Hmmm, they basically listed every team as a possibility...

ESPN is terrible, they basically play pin the tail on the donkey and get lucky with their "analysis" sometimes...

PFT, though, is even worse. They sit around, put a bunch of ideas in a hat, then take turns drawing and just make up grabass **** that never pans out. It's more comical than it is factual. It makes for a good laugh sometimes.

ICE74129
03-15-2006, 09:02 AM
Are you kidding me? Carolina? Meshawn would snap off at Delhome and Steve Smith would stomp his arse! That team, like the Bills, Would take ZERO lip off of that punk.

YardRat
03-15-2006, 09:05 AM
The only reason Buffalo is even mentioned is because of the impending release/trade of Moulds and the perception the Bills will be in the market for a replacement.

Gunzlingr
03-15-2006, 09:08 AM
I hate that mutha****er :mad:

Kerr
03-15-2006, 09:09 AM
No way, no how.

ICE74129
03-15-2006, 09:12 AM
This just in! TSN, ESPN, NFLN and all major media outlets report...Yes....It's comeing through now....that MEShawn WILL sign with one of the 31 other teams in the NFL! Stay tuned for more on this breaking news story.....

don137
03-15-2006, 09:13 AM
Are you kidding me? Carolina? Meshawn would snap off at Delhome and Steve Smith would stomp his arse! That team, like the Bills, Would take ZERO lip off of that punk.

Marty Hurney, the GM of the Panthers, was on the sports radio station here in Charlotte this morning and when they asked about Meshawn he didn't directly say no to Meshawn. He said the WRs they have are not as bad as the medias opinion. He also said if the right player came available he wouldn't hesitate upgrading. To me it sounds like he is not interested in Meshawn but wouldn't directly say so. Maybe he was hinting that if a player like Moulds became available he would make a push for him.

ICE74129
03-15-2006, 09:16 AM
Marty Hurney, the GM of the Panthers, was on the sports radio station here in Charlotte this morning and when they asked about Meshawn he didn't directly say no to Meshawn. He said the WRs they have are not as bad as the medias opinion. He also said if the right player came available he wouldn't hesitate upgrading. To me it sounds like he is not interested in Meshawn but wouldn't directly say so. Maybe he was hinting that if a player like Moulds became available he would make a push for him.

The Panthers are my #2 team, Followed them from day one. You can bet your arse if Moulds comes available they will go after him..and get him. Carolina is one good #2 WR, a TE and upgrade that last OLB spot away from going back to the superbowl. I see them going RB in the first round as well. I know they resigned Deshawn but he can't stay healthy and they need to good #2.

don137
03-15-2006, 09:24 AM
The Panthers are my #2 team, Followed them from day one. You can bet your arse if Moulds comes available they will go after him..and get him. Carolina is one good #2 WR, a TE and upgrade that last OLB spot away from going back to the superbowl. I see them going RB in the first round as well. I know they resigned Deshawn but he can't stay healthy and they need to good #2.
They are my number 2 team as well...I just became a season ticket holder of them even though they will never replace the Bills as long as they are in Buffalo....I would not be surprised either if they go after Moulds if he became available. They do need LB depth since Morgan is the only returning starter, Mangum is very average at TE and need depth at RB since Foster is very fragile.

Carlton Bailey
03-15-2006, 10:50 AM
I'll take Keyshawn. He's a good player. If Moulds goes, who else could we possibly get?

gr8slayer
03-15-2006, 10:56 AM
That would be the **** man. I like him. He would be great next to Evans.

Jeff1220
03-15-2006, 11:28 AM
The Panthers are my #2 team

They are my number 2 team as well

Usually, my #2 are the Browns lol.

Samphin1
03-15-2006, 12:18 PM
Usually, my #2 are the Browns lol.

I am surprised it took this long to make this joke. :lol: