PDA

View Full Version : Abraham for our 8th pick

HHURRICANE
03-15-2006, 10:16 AM
I am confused why the Bills haven't tried to get Abraham?!

Jet's could use our 8th and trade their 4th. Or keep both. We would get a great pass rusher, which we desperately need. in addition, I don't think there is anybody at 8 that would be better than Abraham.

Seems like a no brainer.

ICE74129
03-15-2006, 10:18 AM
Because unlike Bledsoe, Abraham is a GREAT player and the Jets don't want to face him 2x per year. NE welcomed playing Bedsore 2x per year.

RedEyE
03-15-2006, 10:19 AM
What ICE said + we can't afford to trade away our pick for a DE when we have other more pressing issues.

HHURRICANE
03-15-2006, 10:21 AM
Because unlike Bledsoe, Abraham is a GREAT player and the Jets don't want to face him 2x per year. NE welcomed playing Bedsore 2x per year.

That thought crossed my mind but the Jets internally know that they are not a playoff team this coming year so bringing on youth as they get through salary cap hell can't hurt.

gr8slayer
03-15-2006, 10:23 AM
I dont want to pay him what he is going to want.

HHURRICANE
03-15-2006, 10:29 AM

Just curious, and I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you either, but wouldn't you rather pay big money to a proven commodity or almost the same amount to your number 8 pick who hasn't proven squat. Let's say we get "Brick". He could end up sucking like Gallery or Williams. Ngata scares me, which leaves Hawk who is an LB which we really don't need.

I'm kind of sick of taking chances.

ICE74129
03-15-2006, 10:30 AM

That too

gr8slayer
03-15-2006, 10:33 AM
Just curious, and I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you either, but wouldn't you rather pay big money to a proven commodity or almost the same amount to your number 8 pick who hasn't proven squat. Let's say we get "Brick". He could end up sucking like Gallery or Williams. Ngata scares me, which leaves Hawk who is an LB which we really don't need.

I'm kind of sick of taking chances.
I just dont want to bring in a guy who is injury prone and gave up on his team in the play-offs because they wouldnt give him a contract right then and there. He obviously cares more about his money than he does his team and that does not make for a good football player.

Drive 4 Five
03-15-2006, 10:35 AM
Isn't Abraham oft injured? That's part of the reason I wouldn't trade the number 8 and he is going to command BIG bucks.

clumping platelets
03-15-2006, 10:43 AM
He has 2 strikes against him doesn't he?? One more problem and he's suspended for a yr....plusall that money...I do not consider him a difference maker.......if the Bills wanted a player like him...we could have gone after Darren Howard

TacklingDummy
03-15-2006, 10:43 AM
The last time the Bills traded their #9 pick they could of had Fred taylor, Taakeo Spikes, Randy Moss, Hines Ward.

Keep the pick and draft best player on the board.

HHURRICANE
03-15-2006, 10:44 AM
Isn't Abraham oft injured? That's part of the reason I wouldn't trade the number 8 and he is going to command BIG bucks.

He played all 16 games last year and only missed 4 the year before. It was 3 years ago that he missed half the season with an injury.

The guy has wanted out of NY for 3 years. So it's unfair to call out his character. The Jets wouldn't sign him to a long term deal. That would piss me off as well. They kept franchising him which sucks for anybody trying to get a long term deal. The guy can play.

RedEyE
03-15-2006, 10:45 AM
I would have loved to have seen Darren Howard in Buffalo. Again, we need to address other issues, but Howard is one of the most underrated DEs in the league. Every bit as good as The Freak in some regards.

HHURRICANE
03-15-2006, 10:51 AM
He has 2 strikes against him doesn't he?? One more problem and he's suspended for a yr....plusall that money...I do not consider him a difference maker.......if the Bills wanted a player like him...we could have gone after Darren Howard

3 strikes gets you 4 weeks and 4 strikes gets you a year. Wasn't that the deal with Ricky Williams? I doubt Atlanta would be trying that hard to get him if he had this issue lurking. But wow if your right and if he does than no way I want him.

dannyek71
03-15-2006, 10:51 AM
no way. Dumb idea.

HHURRICANE
03-15-2006, 10:57 AM
The last time the Bills traded their #9 pick they could of had Fred taylor, Taakeo Spikes, Randy Moss, Hines Ward.

Keep the pick and draft best player on the board.

And when we took Moulds we could have had Keshawn Johnson, Terrell Owens, Steve Smith, etc.

The point being...

Unless you have a crystal ball...

patmoran2006
03-15-2006, 11:01 AM

amen.

TacklingDummy
03-15-2006, 11:45 AM
And when we took Moulds we could have had Keshawn Johnson, Terrell Owens, Steve Smith, etc.

The point being...

Unless you have a crystal ball...

That's true and that's why ya keep the 8th pick. Never know what we will get with it but if ya trade it away you get what ya get.

And I wouldn't trade it for Abraham who wants $$$ and is often injuried.

Kerr
03-15-2006, 11:48 AM
He's a great pass rusher, but a risky investment with all his injuries. However, we'll have to address the end position in either FA or the draft. Chris Kelsay doesn't seem like he's going to do anything as a starter.