PDA

View Full Version : Denver now actively looking to trade draft picks

patmoran2006
03-15-2006, 10:35 AM
Broncos | Team shopping two first-round picks
Wed, 15 Mar 2006 08:23:37 -0800
<A href="http://www.kffl.com/link/137">Jeff Legwold, of the Rocky Mountain News (http://www.kffl.com/link/168), reports the Denver Broncos (http://www.kffl.com/team/15/nfl) are shopping their two first-round picks in the 2006 NFL Draft (http://www.kffl.com/link/159) in exchange for early picks in the 2007 NFL Draft (http://www.kffl.com/link/159). The team does not have much cap space left after paying out several up-front signing bonuses.

Dear Mr Marv Levy

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE trade down and get Denver's first two picks of the 2006 Draft..

Take Chad Jackson and Charles Spencer with these two picks.. After you trade your third rounder (one of them) to Cleveland for Jeff Faine.

Lets stockpile our team with young studs in the draft this year. I mean, you are after all, 80-years old. When it comes draft day, have at least two first round picks on board. Maybe you can work a little magic and have three, like the Rams did in 2001.

This will make our offense a hell of a lot better.
Regards,
Patrick Moran

gr8slayer
03-15-2006, 10:38 AM
That would be beautiful for us.

Dicknoze69
03-15-2006, 10:41 AM
Why would they want our #8 pick if it says they are looking for 2007 draft picks?

ublinkwescore
03-15-2006, 10:44 AM
so that would mean that they are looking to trade with teams like the Jets, Texans, Saints, possibly the 9ers, Raiders - you know, teams that will have early first rounders next draft.

jdbillsfan
03-15-2006, 10:47 AM
They want picks in next years draft. Probably a 1st and a 2nd.

I think they are looking to trade out of the 1st round due to cap space, not trade up.

We could potentially have 3 1st rounders this year, but no picks in the first two rounds next year.

Hawk, Mangold and Jackson would be pretty cool.

patmoran2006
03-15-2006, 10:57 AM
Id take that trade.. Marv isnt young man.. If you could get those first rounders this year they way he's signing young guys now you could live without a first rounder for the next few years..

At some point you gotta take your best shot to get your team back up the AFC ladder..
Even if denver didnt want our 8 this year.. If Marv was to throw an offer out there like
* Our 2nd and third rounders this year (we'd still have a third left)
* first in 2007 and second in 2008.. Denver would bite..

You'd then have three picks in the first round this year!THis team could get a lot better, and not just short-term either.

Marv could then STILL trade down a bit from that 8th spot (if we dont need Ngata anymore) and say trade with Cleveland for the 12 pick and Faine...

HOw's this looking suddenly? (Faine already on team via trade)
12- Jimmy Williams, S
22- Chad Jackson, WR
29- Nick Mangold, C
(still own a third rounder, best dude available)

Lets put it this way.. I'd be a lot more dissapointed if Marv doesnt work some draft day magic as opposed to not signing big name fa's (except Pickett, we NEED him to make this all possible)

djjimkelly
03-15-2006, 10:58 AM
Broncos | Team shopping two first-round picks
Wed, 15 Mar 2006 08:23:37 -0800

Jeff Legwold, of the Rocky Mountain News, reports the Denver Broncos are shopping their two first-round picks in the 2006 NFL Draft in exchange for early picks in the 2007 NFL Draft. The team does not have much cap space left after paying out several up-front signing bonuses.

get her done marv this is what needs to be done!!!!!

i dont see us landing mario williams or d'brick so to me #8 is not worth what #22 and #29 could be. how bout eric wiston at #22 and max jean gilles or a safety like darnell bing or a DT like gabe watson at #29 sound.

i myself would do this in a heart beat becuz i think at #8 we miss out on the superstars of draft and with how strong first 3 rounds are 5 picks in first 72 could get this team rolling in right direction real fast!!!!!

patmoran2006
03-15-2006, 10:59 AM
Oops.. one typo.. I meant to say Charles Spencer with the 29th pick.. NOT Mangold, we'd already have Faine.

don137
03-15-2006, 10:59 AM
It doesn't sound like they want an early 2006 pick. They want a early 2007 pick.

patmoran2006
03-15-2006, 11:02 AM
I already had this link up.. But I agree with the sentiments..
THough if I had Denver's two number ones.. I'd go with Spencer (who is better than Giles) and chad jackson (who can be the next eric moulds)

mysticsoto
03-15-2006, 11:04 AM
Id take that trade.. Marv isnt young man.. If you could get those first rounders this year they way he's signing young guys now you could live without a first rounder for the next few years..

At some point you gotta take your best shot to get your team back up the AFC ladder..
Even if denver didnt want our 8 this year.. If Marv was to throw an offer out there like
* Our 2nd and third rounders this year (we'd still have a third left)
* first in 2007 and second in 2008.. Denver would bite..

You'd then have three picks in the first round this year!THis team could get a lot better, and not just short-term either.

Marv could then STILL trade down a bit from that 8th spot (if we dont need Ngata anymore) and say trade with Cleveland for the 12 pick and Faine...

HOw's this looking suddenly? (Faine already on team via trade)
12- Jimmy Williams, S
22- Chad Jackson, WR
29- Nick Mangold, C
(still own a third rounder, best dude available)

Lets put it this way.. I'd be a lot more dissapointed if Marv doesnt work some draft day magic as opposed to not signing big name fa's (except Pickett, we NEED him to make this all possible)

Trade our #8 to Cleveland for their #12 and Faine??? No. Faine isn't worth that much!!!

They can take one of our 3rd rounders for him straight up or in your deal above give us their 2nd rounder next year also!

djjimkelly
03-15-2006, 11:05 AM
i do know from listening to sirius the winston said mouse mcnally basically stalked him at the combine i can see this guy coming here somehow

DraftBoy
03-15-2006, 11:21 AM
I dont want Chad Jackson personally, much rather trade that pick again an get a Maurice Stovall in rd 2. But if we must keep it taking a player like Hali, Kiwi, Bunkley, McNeil, Scott would be better picks imo. We now have three solid WR's albeit one is leaving soon, I just think that Jackson isnt a much better WR than Stovall, or Hagan who we could have in round 2 and 3. Also with those picks we will still have done nothing to improve our OL. I love the Jimmy Williams pick however.

Kerr
03-15-2006, 11:49 AM
and chad jackson (who can be the next eric moulds)

I've been saying all along he was almost like a clone.

ICE74129
03-15-2006, 11:58 AM
I say again, Moulds #8 for both 1sts and be done with it. Gain two starters and lose one headache

don137
03-15-2006, 12:14 PM
I say again, Moulds #8 for both 1sts and be done with it. Gain two starters and lose one headache
The problem with that is Denver wants to trade there two picks because they implied they do not have the cap room for both 1st rounders. If that is the case I doubt they would be able to afford the #8 overall and Moulds contract even if oulds restructures.

ICE74129
03-15-2006, 12:23 PM
i do know from listening to sirius the winston said mouse mcnally basically stalked him at the combine i can see this guy coming here somehow

Why wouldn't he. He was unreal at the combine.

ddaryl
03-15-2006, 12:35 PM
Trade our 1st and 2nd in 2007 to Denver for Both their 1st in 2006

Trade our #8 pick for a swap of 2006 1st rd picks and a 1st in 2007, or some scenario like this that allows us to re-coup at least one of our lost 2007 picks.

Otherwise having 6 picks on day 1 in this "Deep" draft sounds like a risk worth taking for the Bills.