Look For Levy To Put End To Circus (article)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Look For Levy To Put End To Circus (article)

Look For Levy To Put End To QB Circus

In light of Bernard and Pickett signing elsewhere.. The Ngata talk is sure to come back.. Well, I say get over it.

I'm ready for the bashing because I dont expect unbiased views on this.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • don137
    • Jul 2002

Re: Look For Levy To Put End To Circus (article)

If Levy doesn't think JP is a franchise QB I could see a QB taken by Buffalo if he is the right guy for Levy. You don't get many chances to get a franchise QB. Especially if Hawk, Dbrick and Williams are gone.

Comment

• Billsouth
      • Jul 2002

i think we should trade jp and our first to dallas for bledsoe. he would be a great addition to our team!!!!
      "once a raider always a raider"

Comment

• Iehoshua
        • Jan 2003

Interesting viewpoint. I agree with what you wrote.

Very true when you say Losman isn't Levy's (or Jauron's) guy. Then again, this doesn't automatically mean of course Losman is a bust, but after looking at Donahoe's past drafts, I get a bit queasy... My only hope is, whoever they choose, when they decide on the QB, give the guy a real chance, don't do the musical chairs. I don't care if it's Losman, Cutler, Young, or Leinhart.

Comment

• Billzz
          • Sep 2003

Nice point of view. I don't really disagree but we will see in April.

Comment

• ryjam282
            Offical Billszone Starting QB
            • Mar 2003

I am so against Cutler. When it comes down to it, the guy has the tools, but so did Ryan Leaf. How many games did Cutler win last year at Vandy? 4. Sure, he may not have had the weapons but there is a reason he went to Vandy. I want a QB that is a winner. I don't want Young, cause I go go out in my yard with box and put some rocks it it that is have the same smarts as that guy. He won't be able to run like he did in college in the pro's....See Michael Vick. No thanks. I think there is more pressing needs then to waste more time with a rookie QB.

Ryan Withey
            Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• patmoran2006
              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
              • Dec 2005

LOL Billsouth..

My opinion is in todays nfl you're only going to be as successful as your QB allows you to be.. Look at Brady.. Look at what Ben Roth has done in only two years.. even Hasselbeck this year with Seattle.

If JP is not Marv's clear cut choice.. Bring in a franchise guy who will be, especially when your team sucking in 2005 afforded you the luxury of a top 8 pick..

I'm well aware of needs on the OL, DT and S, and soon to be WR.

Get the FRANCHISE QB while he's out there and build everything you can around him over 1-2 years..

OF course there's no lock Cutler or Young will be a franchise player, but they have franchise potential, something Levy OBVIOUSLY doesnt see in Losman.

Comment

• ICE74129
                Legendary Zoner
                • Feb 2005

I am honestly shocked JP is on this team. I am suprised he wasn't traded or cut. As for holcomb, again a TD signing. We won't draft a QB. They aren't willing to wait that long and if we did, JP wouldn't be on this roster. They dont' want that headache

Comment

• Iehoshua
                  • Jan 2003

A draft day trade involving JP isn't out of the spectrum of possibility...

Comment

• kdharge
                    • May 2003

What are you guys talking about ???? If Marv wanted a Franchise Q.B. he could've gave Minnesota his second round pick .........so stop it with you guys wishful thinking........ hell he barely can get quality free agents here and that not even counting someone that would actually sign ...........Marv is truly over his head.......Marv please don't trade any picks...... I have a feeling our picks will be in the top 5 next year......#@%^#@ what a joke this team has become ....... its a crying shame
                    A Nasty Brew is being developed in Buffalo can't wait for the rest of the N.F.L. to Taste.....Bring the Pain

Comment

• ICE74129
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Darth Takeo
                      A draft day trade involving JP isn't out of the spectrum of possibility...
                      Agreed

Comment

• realdealryan
                        realdealrex
                        • Nov 2005

After last year, how much value does JP hold? His value can't really go down....you give him a shot during this year of new personnel and playbooks, IMHO.

Comment

• Throne Logic
                          Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
                          • Aug 2002

Losman would be to expensive to cut. Even if Levy brings in someone else, JP would most likely be retained.

I don't see any trade value in Losman. He may not have gotten a fair deal last season, but he certainly didn't do anything on the field that will make any of the other 31 teams jump up and trade for him.
                          Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                            • Dec 2005

I dont care if we dont trade him and he spends the next three years holding a clipboard or Jauron's headphone wire....

This team needs to build around a FRANCHISE QB.. I dont care what anyone says.. Jauron was coach for 3 minutes and he said "There will be competition at the qb spot>'' He doesnt even name a starter.. Do you want a repeat of that Chicago crap that went down he was coach there?

Hell no.. Marv had a franchise QB when he was coach and I bet my life he'll take a QB with that first pick if he FEELS that the kid will be a franchise QB..

anybody who suddenly thinks Vince YOung sucks is seriously stupid.. And I hear this "Micahel VIck crap." Umm.. I'd take Michael Vick on my team anyday.. And for another, he's not even a Vick kind of Quarterback..

Vince Young pissed on USC..Its not so much impressive that he pissed on USC, it's not like they're d was the 85 Bears.. Its that he did it in a championship game in front of millions and millions.. He played the game like it was a exhibition game against UB.. NOTHING and I mean NOTHING gets inside his head on the field.

My biggest knock on JP is he throws a pick and I seriously am waiting for a time a camera cuts to him on the sideline and he's trying to hang himself... Having a journeyman jackoff like Holcomb breathing down your neck isnt any more comforting.

Marv Levy WILL Take Vince YOung if he's on the board when the Bills pick, I will bet ALL my ZB on it.. The only way he doesnt is if Cutler is there too.

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
                              The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
                              • Feb 2005

finely written article with much to think about pat. you may be wrong (but you may be right!) but you sure make a convincing argument.
                              Thanks for the great read!
                              In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

Working...
                              X