• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Can the gloom and doom crap.

With free agency nearing, find out how much each NFL team is over or under the salary cap.

That link there tells you WHY we lost picket. 21 million more in cap room to start free agency with! Green Bay had 2.5x the cap room.

Now lets get down to it, THANK YOU MARV for NOT OVERPAYING just to get someone in here. Do we still need a DT? Sure, but that is what the Draft is for. 'But I don't want to use #8 on a DT'. So? At DT at #8 is no big deal. 'But ICE none are worth it'. Yeah in YOUR opinion. According to several scouts (you know the guys that get PAID to do this type of thing) they feel Ngata IS worth the 8th pick. Hell Bunkley might be as well.

We still don't know what the hell will happen but I know this, New England built their team by NOT overpaying for FA's and built though the draft and picking mid tier FA's and relied on COACHING. Now that Marv is here and we have a decent staff and more important SET SYSTEMS that will be in place, we are much better off than the last 6 years!

Let Free agency, and the draft play out. There is still a long way to go.
  • L.A. Playa
    • Aug 2003

Re: Can the gloom and doom crap.

Di anyone ever think there comes a time where you have to develop from within rather than signing high priced FA at every position. Not every position can have a "name: player at it.

Sape and Anderson while no one is thrilled about them are on the roster and remember this coaching acan make a huge difference in a player, though people here like Krumrie, because of his personality, he was fired and no other team rushed to hire him, I think tha tspeaks something about his coaching talent.

Maybe the new staff can coach and help the young players on the team that have the right attitude reach their potential

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

Over paying like the Skins do I agree with you 100%.

But when it comes to PIckett, he was worth overpaying for.. This entire front seven would have been better with him on board.. its a BAD move in my mind to let Pickett leave without a contract..

Dont compare Buffalo to Indy and NE in terms of not paying the price for talent.. They have Brady and Manning, we dont.. This team needs talent more than those teams do... Pickett was a key spot we could've really used..

I understand your feeling about going nuts.. But its like an old rich guy that dies.. What good is having money if you take it to your grave? That's what Ralph Wilson is doing..

I say GO FOR IT>. Get as much talent in here as you possibly can, ESPECIALLY if your trying to "win now" and not rebuild..

Passing on Pickett and drafting Ngata is the perfect term for "rebuild"

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• ICE74129
        Legendary Zoner
        • Feb 2005

Amen Brother! With the crap coaching we have had the last 6 years there is no telling how good the talent here really is. Maybe now the coaches will go to McNally and say 'Based on our personel, what is the best blocking scheme to use?' 'Hey JMac, what do we REALLY Need' and actually get those players for McNally to use.

I hear our new DL coach is one of the best around period. Who knows what he can do with the talent we have/Draft.

Look We had 'Names' all over the place. Bledsoe, Adams, Moulds, Ruben Brown, Mike Williams, TKO, Sam Adams, Schobel, Vincent, Milloy and on and on and on. What did that get us? Nothing.

How about we try to find the young up and comers, draft well and DEVELOP (GASP!!!) That talent into a winner?

Comment

• ICE74129
          Legendary Zoner
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
          Over paying like the Skins do I agree with you 100%.

But when it comes to PIckett, he was worth overpaying for.. This entire front seven would have been better with him on board.. its a BAD move in my mind to let Pickett leave without a contract..

Dont compare Buffalo to Indy and NE in terms of not paying the price for talent.. They have Brady and Manning, we dont.. This team needs talent more than those teams do... Pickett was a key spot we could've really used..

I understand your feeling about going nuts.. But its like an old rich guy that dies.. What good is having money if you take it to your grave? That's what Ralph Wilson is doing..

I say GO FOR IT>. Get as much talent in here as you possibly can, ESPECIALLY if your trying to "win now" and not rebuild..

Passing on Pickett and drafting Ngata is the perfect term for "rebuild"
          Pickett was a bust until this year. Who says we let him out of here without an offer. I have seen NOTHING in the press saying that. An offer that beat Green Bay? Maybe until brett Favre met with management yesterday and said ''You sign the talent in FA and use that THIRTY FIVE MILLION in cap room and I stay'. Funny how the very next morning GB outbids for Pickett. Funny how that works.

Sorry you can't beat 35 with 14.5. Not going to happen.

Comment

• gr8slayer
            • Feb 2005

So much for that idea. Looks like were stuck drafting Ngata.

Comment

• L.A. Playa
              • Aug 2003

The key in the NFL these days is not having the most "name" players on your team, because every team has "name" players on their teams, players become "names" when a team wins and performs well.

Here is an example who really knew who, Cato June, Robert Mathis and Bon Sander where before the success of the Indy Defense this year ?? Not alot of people these are all players that Indy developed and put in the best position to utilize their talent.

A coach needs to motivate, teach and put a player in the best position to suceed and build chemistry. An example is you are not going to ask Vinny Testaverde to play like Steve Young, he would never succeed because that wouldnt be using his talent properly or putting him a place to suceed.

Many guys on the roster have been given up on by people here because the previous coaches had a system that they made players fit in rather than develop a system that utilizes each player to the best of his ability.

I beleive the success this season doesnt depend on what players are brought in but rather how the coaching staff utilizes the players they have

Comment

• ICE74129
                Legendary Zoner
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by L.A. Playa
                The key in the NFL these days is not having the most "name" players on your team, because every team has "name" players on their teams, players become "names" when a team wins and performs well.

Here is an example who really knew who, Cato June, Robert Mathis and Bon Sander where before the success of the Indy Defense this year ?? Not alot of people these are all players that Indy developed and put in the best position to utilize their talent.

A coach needs to motivate, teach and put a player in the best position to suceed and build chemistry. An example is you are not going to ask Vinny Testaverde to play like Steve Young, he would never succeed because that wouldnt be using his talent properly or putting him a place to suceed.

Many guys on the roster have been given up on by people here because the previous coaches had a system that they made players fit in rather than develop a system that utilizes each player to the best of his ability.

I beleive the success this season doesnt depend on what players are brought in but rather how the coaching staff utilizes the players they have
                Out friggin standing post.

Comment

• eyedog
                  • Jul 2002

I'm hoping Ngata is still available at #8.

They can't get stupid and take a d-back or t-end at #8, ala Donadumb. They have to go big.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                    • Dec 2005

Thats fine.. Im for getting all younger players coming in to be taught and coached for the long haul too.

but dont sit there on the board and complain that we're 2-8 after 10 games because we didnt spend the bucks on guys like Pickett, Runyan, etc and we're developing rookies and young unproven guys.

If Larry Tripplett is the only big FA signing we get, then we are flat-out rebuilding..

Thats fine, but you cant have your cake and eat it too.

Comment

• ICE74129
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Feb 2005

Thats fine.. Im for getting all younger players coming in to be taught and coached for the long haul too.

but dont sit there on the board and complain that we're 2-8 after 10 games because we didnt spend the bucks on guys like Pickett, Runyan, etc and we're developing rookies and young unproven guys.

If Larry Tripplett is the only big FA signing we get, then we are flat-out rebuilding..

Thats fine, but you cant have your cake and eat it too.
                      Thats fine if you are man enough to come back on here an aknowledge I am the guy that has been saying this is a TWO offseason process to become really competitive. I have said that many times well before FA started.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                        • Dec 2005

I dont disagree its a two-season process..

And in turn, you be man enough to tell me "I was right" when we dont select Ngata in the draft.. and we take Cutler or Vince Young with that pick

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                          • Aug 2003

even if they signed every big name FA in the league they still havea great chance to be 2-8 after 10 games the key is building towards something, last year with Mularkey they never built on the momentum from the previous year they regressed badly and thats why he is no longer HC, having a losing record and seeing hope and progress towards the future is acceptable, continuing in the same cycle of playoff promises and still being a loser is not.

If you really think signing Pickett and Runyan, etc. would make the bills a playoff contender you are fooling yourself

Comment

• patmoran2006
                            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                            • Dec 2005

Pickett and Runyan would have made this team A LOT better, you can't deny that.. The DL would have been as good as it was in 2004, and I dont even have to say how much an upgrade Runyan is over Gandy do I?

And here's a stat thats been used before but it was worth repeating.. 5 of the 6 NFC playoff teams this year were NOT in the playoffs in 2004, and 4 of those 5 had losing records prior.

Comment

• ICE74129
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Feb 2005

I dont disagree its a two-season process..

And in turn, you be man enough to tell me "I was right" when we dont select Ngata in the draft.. and we take Cutler or Vince Young with that pick
                              It won't happen, we are going to trade for Harrington

Comment

Working...
                              X