The thing that bothers me isn't that Marv hasn't signed anyone....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

The thing that bothers me isn't that Marv hasn't signed anyone....

It's more because of the fact that he isn't even bringing these big name players for a visit. We could use some of them, but the Bills aren't even trying to set up an appointment. We are almost one week into free agency and the Bills haven't brought in one big name free agent other than Ryan Pickett and most likely they gave him a cheap offer.

We haven't heard that the Bills are even interested in any of these guys that are signing. I don't understand it. Marv must think that these guys are going to wait and go to more teams and visit, but many of them only check out the first couple teams and sign quickly. Why did the Bills make their priority those first 3 guys? i have a feeling that if they brought Pickett here first, he might have ended up signing here. but no, they were too busy bringing in a backup TE that no one has heard of, and WR that is good, but can't stay healthy and they only signed him to a one year deal. I do like the Tripplett move, but I would have loved getting Pickett next to him.

I guess my biggest question is...what is Marv and the Bills doing? Are they waiting for everyone to spend their cap money before they even bring some players in? If so, they are going to get some crappy players. What happened with fixing the OL this year? They only brought one guy so far and he is most likely going to stay in Arizona. It makes no sense.
  • L.A. Playa
    • Aug 2003

Re: The thing that bothers me isn't that Marv hasn't signed anyone....

Free Agency is what 5 days old and none of the OL that signed where either worth it or the Bills wouldnt be able to afford calm down it March 15

Comment

• don137
      • Jul 2002

He is an 81 year old rookie...Maybe he has to take his lumps through the learning curve or maybe he has a game plan that no one can figure out...

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by don137
        He is an 81 year old rookie...Maybe he has to take his lumps through the learning curve or maybe he has a game plan that no one can figure out...
        Could be. Either way, something needs to get done or we are going to be starting rookies on our OL, SS, and DT. And thats not very good.

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

Its only March 15 but a lot of the players that could have helped Buffalo immediately are already gone..

TO me this FA period will be judged on how Marv addresses the OL.. If he still gets Fanini or Runyan, and at least one guard through FA then to me this off-season was a success.. If not, he has done a crap job..

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Gunzlingr
            • Jul 2002

***** and moan why don't you. You don't know who he has contacted. Maybe they all said no, you don't know. You can't force anyone to visit Buffalo. It's not as if there is an abundance of up and coming free agents. As for OL, who would you suggest of those that have been signed? Hutch and his king's ransom? Mawae at 35?

Geez, There is a ton of off season left to go. Save your worrying until pre-season starts.
            You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• ICE74129
              Legendary Zoner
              • Feb 2005

We can't judge Marv until the End of the 07 season. Fans need to drop the Madden/ Fast food football crap.

Marv is doing the RIGHT thing. He has sat there for about 6-7 years watching WINNING TEAMS be BUILT. That's right BUILT, not BOUGHT!

Mid tier FA's, Draft well, Coach well, the rest falls into place. How many 'Big names' were on the Panthers or New England? None. They BECAME Big names after the teams started winning.

I remember saying WTF myself to Jake Delhome being the Panthers QB. Now what? He is rated the 3rd Best FA signing of ALL TIME! Steve Smith, a draft pick from no where. Mushin Muhamed a 2nd round pick ( I know he left but was there for the SB year). Jenkins, draft pick. Peppers, Draft pick. Morgan, Draft pick etc.

look at the Patsies. Kraft for all of his money DID NOT SPEND that much at all. Hell the guy they gave the biggest contract to, they traded...TO US! They let Curtis Martin go! Then won 3 superbowls including one with A. Smith a guy we cut, as thier RB! Brady a low round pick! Ashworth, Undrafted FA.

Look I can go on, but the bottom line is, we HAD names. Names out the Wazoo and have a 6 year losing record with them. Let marv try to do this right. I can see the man has a plan let him execute it. That is why I am praying we do NOT stay at #8 and move down for more picks like NE loves to do. IF we can pick right we can field starters from this upcoming draft including guys from rounds 3-7. Hell Pat williams was UNDRAFTED! Look how he turned out!

Let marv do his thing. After the 07 season lets sit back down and discuss this.

Comment

• casdhf
                • Jul 2002

Marv may be 81, but he's got a history of playing things close to the vest. Someone posted before, the best thing about marv is he can talk for 45 minutes and not say anything. I think it may have been ingtar, but whomever it was --they were right.
                Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
                  I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
                  • Sep 2004

Originally posted by ICE74129
                  We can't judge Marv until the End of the 07 season. Fans need to drop the Madden/ Fast food football crap.

Marv is doing the RIGHT thing. He has sat there for about 6-7 years watching WINNING TEAMS be BUILT. That's right BUILT, not BOUGHT!

Mid tier FA's, Draft well, Coach well, the rest falls into place. How many 'Big names' were on the Panthers or New England? None. They BECAME Big names after the teams started winning.

I remember saying WTF myself to Jake Delhome being the Panthers QB. Now what? He is rated the 3rd Best FA signing of ALL TIME! Steve Smith, a draft pick from no where. Mushin Muhamed a 2nd round pick ( I know he left but was there for the SB year). Jenkins, draft pick. Peppers, Draft pick. Morgan, Draft pick etc.

look at the Patsies. Kraft for all of his money DID NOT SPEND that much at all. Hell the guy they gave the biggest contract to, they traded...TO US! They let Curtis Martin go! Then won 3 superbowls including one with A. Smith a guy we cut, as thier RB! Brady a low round pick! Ashworth, Undrafted FA.

Look I can go on, but the bottom line is, we HAD names. Names out the Wazoo and have a 6 year losing record with them. Let marv try to do this right. I can see the man has a plan let him execute it. That is why I am praying we do NOT stay at #8 and move down for more picks like NE loves to do. IF we can pick right we can field starters from this upcoming draft including guys from rounds 3-7. Hell Pat williams was UNDRAFTED! Look how he turned out!

My hat is off, ICE. Good post.
                  The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

I'm willing to bet that Mikey will complain if Marv brings in T.O. who's a big named FA.

Not every big named player should be brought in. You also don't want to tip off teams what you will be drafting.

The draft just got more interesting with all these qb signings.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Michael82
                      • Jul 2002

Fine, then I don't want to hear anything from the Bills about Holcomb starting because he gives us the best chance to win. Losman BETTER be starting!!! If we are going to rebuild thru the draft and cheap free agents, I don't want to hear the word playoffs this year. I don't want them to get my hopes up like they have done every year for the last 5 years.

Comment

• ICE74129
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Mikey82
                        Fine, then I don't want to hear anything from the Bills about Holcomb starting because he gives us the best chance to win. Losman BETTER be starting!!! If we are going to rebuild thru the draft and cheap free agents, I don't want to hear the word playoffs this year. I don't want them to get my hopes up like they have done every year for the last 5 years.
                        You wont, because they are going to trade for Harrington and he will be starting

Comment

• Michael82
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                          I'm willing to bet that Mikey will complain if Marv brings in T.O. who's a big named FA.

Not every big named player should be brought in. You also don't want to tip off teams what you will be drafting.

The draft just got more interesting with all these qb signings.
                          yeah I would complain. I can't stand TO.

Comment

• Michael82
                            • Jul 2002

You wont, because they are going to trade for Harrington and he will be starting
                            I will torch the administration building down if that happens.

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

Fine, then I don't want to hear anything from the Bills about Holcomb starting because he gives us the best chance to win. Losman BETTER be starting!!!
                              Losman better be ready to earn the starting position, unlike last year when it was just handed to him.

The better player starts, period. Potential plus fifty cents may still buy you a cup of coffee, somewhere.
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
                              X