PDA

View Full Version : A new Hope: Titans agree to deal with Steelers safety

Jersey1031
03-15-2006, 04:04 PM
Another safety gone.

...Chris Hope's desire to cash in on his Super Bowl year cost him his job in Pittsburgh, but it allowed him to get a contract with the Titans.

Hope reached an agreement in principle Wednesday with the Titans. Terms of the deal weren't available. He had been asking for a contract in the $4 million-a-year range. After days of negotiating, the Steelers decided to let Hope go and instead signed the Redskins' Ryan Clark, giving him a four-year, $7 million contract.

Hope had also been talking with the Dolphins and the 49ers, but negotiations with the Titans heated up Tuesday night and Wednesday morning.

He becomes the fourth major offseason acquisition of the Titans, joining center Kevin Mawae, linebacker David Thornton and wide receiver David Givens.

Jersey1031
03-15-2006, 04:09 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2369945

here's the link, sorry

Michael82
03-15-2006, 04:11 PM
The Titans agreed to terms today with Steelers safety Chris Hope, who will become the team’s fourth free agency signing this week.

The Titans have called a 4 p.m. press conference today.

Hope visited the Titans on Monday and the Dolphins on Tuesday. He was scheduled to visit San Francisco later in the week, but decided against it.

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060315/SPORTS01/60315011/1027

justasportsfan
03-15-2006, 04:32 PM
Pffft! I'm not worried. We still have Wire :ill:

Michael82
03-15-2006, 04:47 PM
Maybe the Bills will bring in Tank Williams now. :pray:

ryjam282
03-15-2006, 05:24 PM
Marv is really starting to piss me off. I don't know what they are doing at OBD. Have they even brought in any player that could actually help us? Triplett is good an all but they let Pickett go, didn't bring in Mawai, Hope, and a bunch of others that could actually help this team out. I am really losing faith here.

patmoran2006
03-15-2006, 06:42 PM
Why does Tennnessee a team that blows worse than we do... GO out and make every effort to get better..

Mawae is still a good center.. givens is a good WR, Thorton is decent at LB and Hope is a very good safety.. That sounds like four guys the Bills could've used right now.

But hey.. Triplett aside.. We got a 87th string "best blocking te i've ever seen" and a taller and unhealthier Roscoe in Andre Davis.

vicmantak
03-15-2006, 06:52 PM
Please, pay $4 mil/year is simply unbalanced and unrealistic to the Bills secondary.

Spend the big money on safety was arguably one of the worst Donahoe's mistakes.