X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BuffaloBlakely14
    • Sep 2003

RUMOR - Denver Shopping Two First Round Picks

I reall think now more than ever we need to realize that we have some slots to fill, and that we are going to have to develop our own talent. I tend to think that this is a good idea. Let OUR new staff get guys that they like, and are their type players.

With that said I think we should seriously consider talking to the Broncos about the #22 and #29 picks in the draft. THere are numerous rumors out there that they want to trade these two picks to move up in the draft.

I think moves like this will be the moves that get us back to form.
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Re: RUMOR - Denver Shopping Two First Round Picks

Originally posted by BuffaloBlakely14
    I reall think now more than ever we need to realize that we have some slots to fill, and that we are going to have to develop our own talent. I tend to think that this is a good idea. Let OUR new staff get guys that they like, and are their type players.

With that said I think we should seriously consider talking to the Broncos about the #22 and #29 picks in the draft. THere are numerous rumors out there that they want to trade these two picks to move up in the draft.

I think moves like this will be the moves that get us back to form.
    The only way a interconference foe will want our team to improve is for us to help them improve. Moulds and our 8th pick, enjoy.

Comment

• ddaryl
      Everything I post is sexual inuendo
      • Jan 2005

Denver doesn't want 2006 picks they want 2007 picks as I understand.

www.kffl.com

Broncos | Team shopping two first-round picks
      Wed, 15 Mar 2006 08:23:37 -0800
      Jeff Legwold, of the Rocky Mountain News, reports the Denver Broncos are shopping their two first-round picks in the 2006 NFL Draft in exchange for early picks in the 2007 NFL Draft. The team does not have much cap space left after paying out several up-front signing bonuses.

So this is how I would play it

Trade our 1st and 2nd in 2007 to Denver for Both their 1st in 2006

Trade our #8 pick for a swap of 2006 1st rd picks and a 1st in 2007 (or a 2nd depending on how far we have to move down), or some scenario like this that allows us to re-coup at least one of our lost 2007 picks.

We can then entertain the thought of trading Eric Moulds for a 2007 3rd rd or 2nd rd pick depending on market and gain 3 1st rd picks in this very deep 2006 draft, and regain most of our lost picks from 2007 so we don't screw ourselves next year.

Having 6 picks on day 1 in this "Deep" draft sounds like a risk worth taking for the Bills. Having the ability to build rebuild this team quickly is just what the Dr. ordered IMO.

With the extra 1st rd picks we can address DL , OL and a luxury pick, maybe a WR to replace Moulds and team with Evans.

Comment

• TigerJ
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ddaryl
        Denver doesn't want 2006 picks they want 2007 picks as I understand.

www.kffl.com

So this is how I would play it

Trade our 1st and 2nd in 2007 to Denver for Both their 1st in 2006

Trade our #8 pick for a swap of 2006 1st rd picks and a 1st in 2007 (or a 2nd depending on how far we have to move down), or some scenario like this that allows us to re-coup at least one of our lost 2007 picks.

We can then entertain the thought of trading Eric Moulds for a 2007 3rd rd or 2nd rd pick depending on market and gain 3 1st rd picks in this very deep 2006 draft, and regain most of our lost picks from 2007 so we don't screw ourselves next year.

Having 6 picks on day 1 in this "Deep" draft sounds like a risk worth taking for the Bills. Having the ability to build rebuild this team quickly is just what the Dr. ordered IMO.

With the extra 1st rd picks we can address DL , OL and a luxury pick, maybe a WR to replace Moulds and team with Evans.
        Sounds like a pretty smart strategy.
        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• ddaryl
          Everything I post is sexual inuendo
          • Jan 2005

Yeah I think so.

We need picks and we'd be better going for it in this draft.

To be honest if Denver really wants 2007 picks and the Bills do not try to make a deal then I will have to say we are the joke people make us out to be.

I see no reason not to offer up what I mentioned above to Denver.

Comment

Working...
          X