PDA

View Full Version : What's Left in Free Agency?

Michael82
03-15-2006, 05:13 PM
Most of the top free agents have signed contracts with new teams and even some of the 2nd tier free agents have signed. So the question is, can we still fill our needs with what's left? We can, but we may have to overpay. Check out the list of what's still out there (using the rankings from ESPN) Starting with offensive line, seeing how that was SUPPOSED to be a priority.

Offensive Tackle

1. Jon Runyan (Eagles) - Will be 33 this year and he wants to be paid, but is still a damn good OT.

3. Tom Ashworth (Patriots) - 28 years old, and is a pretty good player.
4. Brad Hopkins (Titans) - Will be 36 this year, but is still a good tackle, has a nice mean streak in him too.
5. Mike Pearson (Jaguars) - 26 years old, has had problems staying healthy, but is a very good athlete.
6. Anthony Clement (49ers) - Will be 30 this year, but is a good run blocking tackle.
7. Ephraim Salaam (Jaguars) - Will be 30 this year, and is more of a depth player.

Offensive Guard

1. Vince Manuwai (Jaguars) - 25 years old, Is a restricted FA and would cost a 3rd round draft pick but is worth it.
2. Reggie Wells (Cardinals) - 25 years old and is a up and coming player (RFA), but the Cardinals would most likely match the offer.
3. Stephen Neal (Patriots) - Will be 30 this year, but is a solid guard and would help improve this young OL.
4. Derrick Dockery (Redskins) - 25 years old, is a road grader and has good footwork. Could turn into a solid guard in the future.
5. Matt Stinchcomb (Buccaneers) - 28 years old, if he can stay healthy, he is a good player.

Center

1. Jeff Mitchell (Panthers) - 32 years old, is a pretty good player, but is slowing down.
2. Mike Flanagan (Packers) - Will be 33 years old, is a solid center and would be a good player to mentor a rookie or Duke Preston.
3. Seth McKinney (Dolphins) - 26 years old, is a solid center, but is coming off a season ending injury.
4. Melvin Fowler (Vikings) - 26 years old, can move to guard in a pinch, does a good job at center.

Defensive Tackle

2. Grady Jackson (Packers) - 33 years old, is starting to fade, but is still a solid run stuffer.
3. Ron Edwards (Bills) - 26 years old, Is a solid run stopper, but has problems staying healthy
4. Lance Legree (Jets) - 28 years old, is more of a depth player, but could be a solid NT.
5. Lional Dalton (Chiefs) - 31 years old, Is a good two gap run stopper, but tends to wear down towards the end of the game.

Safety

1. Tank Williams (Titans) - 25 years old, very physical player, who is good at run support. Can play over the top in a Cover 2 scheme, but is often late breaking to the ball.
2. Tebucky Jones (Dolphins) - Will be 32 years old, is slowing down and not as physical as he used to be.
3. Derrick Gibson (Raiders) - 26 years old, Is a tough, physical player versus the run, but he is coming off a season ending injury.
4. Joseph Jefferson (Colts) - 26 years old, has good size and good running ability, and has good range, is capable of playing over the top in a Cover 2 scheme.
5. Idrees Bashir (Panthers) - 27 years old, is a strong sure tackler. He has adequate range in Cover 2 and can run with most tight ends and backs in man-to-man coverage.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfl/fa?positionId=47

ICE74129
03-15-2006, 05:21 PM
goose fraaabaaa....gooose fraaabaaa....

L.A. Playa
03-15-2006, 05:35 PM
why did you expect the bills to sign and 1st tier players anyway ??

when you wait you get players at a fair rate rather than the rush let me overpay him to sign rate

Michael82
03-15-2006, 06:00 PM

when you wait you get players at a fair rate rather than the rush let me overpay him to sign rate
because they finally had some money to spend.

gr8slayer
03-15-2006, 06:02 PM
Well that animal Royal is off the market so I guess there is not much left.

patmoran2006
03-15-2006, 06:03 PM
goose fraaabaaa....gooose fraaabaaa....

You keep saying that Ice.. IS it going to take all these linemen being gone as well before you finally say "What the F is Marv Levy doing"

YOu can only do so much through the draft.. Unless you don't care about a 3-4 win season in 2006, I suggest they make this OL a lot better..

L.A. Playa
03-15-2006, 06:05 PM
because they finally had some money to spend.

and so did every other team in the NFL, stop expecting for everything to be done in the same time you take to make your dinner, life is a marathon not a sprint, stop thinking in terms of a microwave society and being a brat having to have the final 53 set today, its not gonna happen

camelcowboy
03-15-2006, 06:15 PM
Move Peters to Left tackle, Sign Ruyan for right. Sign Dockery, or Neal. That would be a good start.

patmoran2006
03-15-2006, 06:21 PM
^5 Camel.. I'm down with that..

If u have a good OL.. YOu have hope.. If you dont, you're going nowhere... Name me a team , except MAYBE TB (who's defense was just TOO good) who's had an OL that sucked over the last 15 years

RedEyE
03-15-2006, 06:22 PM
From that list, I like Stinchomb (former 1st rounder), Manuwai, and Hopkins.

All should come for a decent price and all would be instant upgrades.

YardRat
03-15-2006, 06:42 PM
I'm not big on Runyan.

I'll take Ashworth and Neal, though.

Michael82
03-15-2006, 06:44 PM
Okay, after looking at those players, I'd be thrilled if the Bills ended up with RT Jon Runyan, G Derrick Dockery and C Seth McKinney for the Offensive Line. For the defensive line, Defensive Tackles Russell Davis and Ron Edwards. And then add Joseph Jefferson at Safety. That would make this a pretty good offseason. :up:

:pray:

Michael82
03-15-2006, 06:45 PM
Move Peters to Left tackle, Sign Ruyan for right. Sign Dockery, or Neal. That would be a good start.
That would shut me up in a hurry. And then draft some depth for the OL. :clap:

Nighthawk
03-15-2006, 06:48 PM

True, but you may not get a player who is an upgrade over what you already had. Usually an upgrade costs more. Them are the facts...

Nighthawk
03-15-2006, 06:50 PM

Now that plan I could live with!

Kerr
03-15-2006, 07:00 PM
I've been saying Russell Davis all along. What is Marv waiting for? He's the best one left out of bunch. Unless he wants to trade for Hollis Thomas?

THATHURMANATOR
03-15-2006, 07:01 PM
Still looks like a pretty good crop of players mike :idunno:

Nighthawk
03-15-2006, 07:01 PM
I've been saying Russell Davis all along. What is Marv waiting for? He's the best one left out of bunch. Unless he wants to trade for Hollis Thomas?

Ding, ding, ding...I think you may be onto something there. However, that would just create another hole for this team.

ICE74129
03-15-2006, 07:02 PM
You keep saying that Ice.. IS it going to take all these linemen being gone as well before you finally say "What the F is Marv Levy doing"

YOu can only do so much through the draft.. Unless you don't care about a 3-4 win season in 2006, I suggest they make this OL a lot better..

don't worry I will be right here when this all comes together.

Nighthawk
03-15-2006, 07:08 PM
don't worry I will be right here when this all comes together.

Ice, that's fine and dandy, and I hope it happens, but will you be here if it doesn't?

The_Philster
03-15-2006, 07:09 PM
That would shut me up in a hurry.:pray:

patmoran2006
03-15-2006, 07:13 PM
When Is Kelly gonna be your JIll of the week?
I worked with her before at the Federal building

ICE74129
03-15-2006, 07:14 PM

LMAO Exactly.

Michael82
03-15-2006, 07:16 PM
Still looks like a pretty good crop of players mike :idunno:
yeah it does. but thats all that is left. My next list of what's left after these guys are gone would literally be garbage. :ill:

The_Philster
03-15-2006, 07:17 PM
When Is Kelly gonna be your JIll of the week?
I worked with her before at the Federal building
If you mean this Kelly...on the right...she's already been featured for the 2005-2006 year..but she'll be up again ...she's returning to the squad :up:
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6df35b3127cce968d01785f7800000016108AcOGrFo2buR

Nighthawk
03-15-2006, 07:17 PM
yeah it does. but thats all that is left. My next list of what's left after these guys are gone would literally be garbage. :ill:

Hey, then they'd fit in perfectly with this team! J/K:whistling

Nighthawk
03-15-2006, 07:19 PM
If you mean this Kelly...on the right...she's already been featured for the 2005-2006 year..but she'll be up again ...she's returning to the squad :up:
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6df35b3127cce968d01785f7800000016108AcOGrFo2buR

Umm, yummy!

camelcowboy
03-15-2006, 07:28 PM
Kendle Morehead would be a good trade possiblity with the Panthers. Hes a RFA, but Panthers have alot of DT's. He would be worth a 3rd round pick.

Michael82
03-15-2006, 07:40 PM
Kendle Morehead would be a good trade possiblity with the Panthers. Hes a RFA, but Panthers have alot of DT's. He would be worth a 3rd round pick.
That might be tempting. Good one. :up:

Bling
03-15-2006, 07:54 PM
Okay, after looking at those players, I'd be thrilled if the Bills ended up with RT Jon Runyan, G Derrick Dockery and C Seth McKinney for the Offensive Line. For the defensive line, Defensive Tackles Russell Davis and Ron Edwards. And then add Joseph Jefferson at Safety. That would make this a pretty good offseason. :up:

McKinney is a good pickup. No Mawae, but he is a good pickup.

Kerr
03-15-2006, 08:36 PM
F it. Marv should just sign a veteran dt and draft a dt to groom either this year or next year.

kgun12
03-15-2006, 09:48 PM
OG 3
Stephen Neal

OG 11
Matt Stinchcomb

OG 2
Vince Manuwai

OT 1
Jon Runyan

OT 2
Jeff Backus

OT 3
Brad Hopkins

OT 4
Jason Fabini

OT 8
Tom Ashworth

C 3
Mike Flanagan

DT 15
Brentson Buckner

DT 16
Russell Davis

WR 13
Reche Caldwell

WR 15
Kevin Curtis

These guys would be on my list of guys still available!

TigerJ
03-15-2006, 10:18 PM
Dockery sounds pretty promising to me actually.

Depending on the contract, Pearson might be worth the risk.

McKinney or Fowler would be great.

Russell Davis is the only DT left that interests me. He wants bigger bucks than Arizona was willing to pay him though, and they have a decent amoungt of cap room.

Jefferson and Bashir are the safeties I like.

In reality if Buffalo got two players out of that list, that would be about as much as I would expect. There is still adraft coming up, and there may be some serviceable players cut after June 1, though I suspect with the cap jumping so much, that's going to be less of a factor than in past years.

Night Train
03-16-2006, 02:23 AM
Anyone that rates Ron Edwards ahead of anyone has never seen him play. Getting blown out on every running play should be listed at the top of his scouting report.

I'll take my chances with a new face.

Michael82
03-16-2006, 02:51 PM
Anyone that rates Ron Edwards ahead of anyone has never seen him play. Getting blown out on every running play should be listed at the top of his scouting report.

I'll take my chances with a new face.
He's not that bad. His main problem is staying healthy IMO.

Michael82
03-17-2006, 10:50 AM
Any thoughts? Who do you want? :feedback:

Night Train
03-17-2006, 10:58 AM
Runyan or Fabini at OT
Any of those Guards
Russell or Jackson at DT

Kerr
03-17-2006, 11:00 AM
Fabini and Davis
Both younger than their counterparts jackson and runyon.

Philagape
03-17-2006, 11:29 AM
Missing a position: WR. Moulds is burning his bridges, so I doubt he'll be back. If he goes, we need a starter. Davis is not.
How about Nate Burleson? He's an RFA, so it would cost us a third-round pick, but the Vikes offered him only the minimum, so we wouldn't have to make an outrageous offer. He'll be only 25 this year, had 1,000 yards in 2004. He's not a No. 1 but would be a good complement to Evans.

http://vikings.scout.com/2/504790.html

TedMock
03-17-2006, 11:49 AM
Isn't Dockery an RFA? I wonder what he would cost. He's turned into an excellent guard. However, he did go to Texas, so that may scare some fans away. I'd love to get him in here. McKinney would also be a great pickup. I'd prefer not to have the over 30 guys, but if we must as a stop-gap, so-be-it. A healthy Fabini, or Runyan would be the best fits in that category.

Michael82
03-18-2006, 01:23 PM
Well, for now there are still most of the players from the list available. We still have a chance to bring in quite a few good players. Come on Marv. At least bring them for an interview. :pray:

Offensive Tackle

1. Jon Runyan (Eagles) - Will be 33 this year and he wants to be paid, but is still a damn good OT.

3. Tom Ashworth (Patriots) - 28 years old, and is a pretty good player.
4. Brad Hopkins (Titans) - Will be 36 this year, but is still a good tackle, has a nice mean streak in him too.
5. Mike Pearson (Jaguars) - 26 years old, has had problems staying healthy, but is a very good athlete.
6. Anthony Clement (49ers) - Will be 30 this year, but is a good run blocking tackle.
7. Ephraim Salaam (Jaguars) - Will be 30 this year, and is more of a depth player.

Offensive Guard

1. Vince Manuwai (Jaguars) - 25 years old, Is a restricted FA and would cost a 3rd round draft pick but is worth it.
2. Reggie Wells (Cardinals) - 25 years old and is a up and coming player (RFA), but the Cardinals would most likely match the offer.
3. Stephen Neal (Patriots) - Will be 30 this year, but is a solid guard and would help improve this young OL.
4. Derrick Dockery (Redskins) - 25 years old, is a road grader and has good footwork. Could turn into a solid guard in the future.
5. Matt Stinchcomb (Buccaneers) - 28 years old, if he can stay healthy, he is a good player.

Center

1. Jeff Mitchell (Panthers) - 32 years old, is a pretty good player, but is slowing down.
2. Mike Flanagan (Packers) - Will be 33 years old, is a solid center and would be a good player to mentor a rookie or Duke Preston.
3. Seth McKinney (Dolphins) - 26 years old, is a solid center, but is coming off a season ending injury.
4. Melvin Fowler (Vikings) - 26 years old, can move to guard in a pinch, does a good job at center.

Defensive Tackle

2. Grady Jackson (Packers) - 33 years old, is starting to fade, but is still a solid run stuffer.
3. Ron Edwards (Bills) - 26 years old, Is a solid run stopper, but has problems staying healthy
4. Lance Legree (Jets) - 28 years old, is more of a depth player, but could be a solid NT.
5. Lional Dalton (Chiefs) - 31 years old, Is a good two gap run stopper, but tends to wear down towards the end of the game.

Safety

1. Tank Williams (Titans) - 25 years old, very physical player, who is good at run support. Can play over the top in a Cover 2 scheme, but is often late breaking to the ball.
2. Tebucky Jones (Dolphins) - Will be 32 years old, is slowing down and not as physical as he used to be.
3. Derrick Gibson (Raiders) - 26 years old, Is a tough, physical player versus the run, but he is coming off a season ending injury.
4. Joseph Jefferson (Colts) - 26 years old, has good size and good running ability, and has good range, is capable of playing over the top in a Cover 2 scheme.
5. Idrees Bashir (Panthers) - 27 years old, is a strong sure tackler. He has adequate range in Cover 2 and can run with most tight ends and backs in man-to-man coverage.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfl/fa?positionId=47