PDA

View Full Version : Fins sign Pep, release Gus and save 10 Mill in 06 cap space!!!!

feelthepain
03-15-2006, 05:24 PM
KFFL
Dolphins | Frerotte release saves $4.38M
Wed, 15 Mar 2006 14:07:02 -0800

Jason Cole, of the Miami Herald, reports by releasing QB Gus Frerotte, the Miami Dolphins saved $4.38 million against the 2006 salary cap.

Dolphins | Culpepper to be late for offseason program
Wed, 15 Mar 2006 14:14:01 -0800

Miami Dolphins head coach Nick Saban said that QB Daunte Culpepper (knee) will be at the team's offseason program starting March 27, seven days after the program begins. Culpepper will be given permission to arrive late, due to personal reasons. Saban added that Culpepper will be present for coaching sessions and organized team activities.
Dolphins | Saban hopes Culpepper will be ready for opener
Wed, 15 Mar 2006 14:15:28 -0800

Miami Dolphins head coach Nick Saban said that the team hopes to have QB Daunte Culpepper (knee) ready for the 2006 regular season opener. "We're going to manage that on a day-to-day, week-to-week basis, working in conjunction with the doctors, his physical therapist, our people," said Saban. "I don't think it's an unrealistic circumstance to think that there's a great possibility that he will, but we're going to work through it and at no time and under no circumstance will we put him at risk of re-injury because he's not ready to be there."

Wow, we saved 10 Mill and landed a franchise QB!!!! Saban is the fizzel fo shizzel!!!!

Samphin1
03-15-2006, 05:27 PM
Yeah, converting Daunte's salary to a roster bonus/whatever bonus was pretty much a no brianer in my opinion. He had like 50 million dollars going forward of unguarentee salary. That should give us plenty of room to re-do contracts or cut him down the line if needed.

This gives Miami room to sign a backup vet and some defensive help as well.

Mitchy moo
03-15-2006, 05:28 PM
Wow, we saved 10 Mill and landed a franchise QB!!!! Saban is the fizzel fo shizzel!!!!

I think you are going to help the Bills feel the pain. The Bills have signed our 9th TE in 10 years, none have worked out yet.

justasportsfan
03-15-2006, 05:49 PM
Man, I was really happy with the Culpepper trade. Then this morning I am in Dallas on business and I hear on a sports radio show Peter King talking about how part of the reason the Vikings wanted to get rid of Culpepper was they asked to rehab at the Vikings Facility but he refused. So they make at trip to Florida to see how his rehab is coming along and this JOKER is rehabbing at a Healthsouth and doing sprints in a Walmart parking lot! A professional athlete choosing to rehab at a ghetto rehab center instead of with a NFL organization. Peter King goes on to say how we blew it not getting Brees and that Culpepper is WAY behind is rehab schedule and Brees is a month ahead of his. If this is true, then we just traded for a
DUMB ! Hopefully Peter King is not telling the truth.

"We're going to manage that on a day-to-day, week-to-week basis, working in conjunction with the doctors, his physical therapist, our people,"

Daunte's therapist and Doctor

feelthepain
03-15-2006, 05:58 PM

Gee, you're upset and express it through meaningless drivel......who cares!!!

gr8slayer
03-15-2006, 06:00 PM
Good for the Dolphins. Now you better hope you get Culpepper from two years ago not from last year.

!Papacrunk!
03-15-2006, 06:10 PM
To think Rick Spielman used a 2nd on AJ Feeley. Hopefully will have a tad bit better results after spending this 2nd :)

Gunzlingr
03-15-2006, 06:13 PM

Always

THE END OF ALL DAYS
03-15-2006, 06:33 PM
congrats FTP on miami getting Pep... great addition.

Mind you, I wish he went to play cricket in Bangladesh, but it is good for you guys :)

vicmantak
03-15-2006, 06:42 PM
I hope the Bills are not interested in this elder and fumble prone option as our 3rd QB.
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1070

feelthepain
03-15-2006, 06:48 PM
congrats FTP on miami getting Pep... great addition.

Mind you, I wish he went to play cricket in Bangladesh, but it is good for you guys :)

Thanks, even though a lot of us were hoping for Bees, for me because I didn't want to give up a DP, but a mid second for Pep is quite a steal. And this time next year we will have our full compliment of picks. I wouldn't be surprised if Saban trades down and we get an extra pick out of it. So far the Bill fans must be happy with their additions aswell.

feelthepain
03-15-2006, 06:53 PM
Good for the Dolphins. Now you better hope you get Culpepper from two years ago not from last year.

Pep seems to be very thrilled to be a fin, on the interview on ESPN he couldn't stop smiling. He also has a desire to prove to the Vikes they made huge mistakse letting him go, I think the fins got a guy with a whole lot of desire and determination to win.

Devin
03-15-2006, 06:57 PM
As I always say I hate giving the fins any credit, but these are some good moves.

Nighthawk
03-15-2006, 06:57 PM
Pep seems to be very thrilled to be a fin, on the interview on ESPN he couldn't stop smiling. He also has a desire to prove to the Vikes they made huge mistakse letting him go, I think the fins got a guy with a whole lot of desire and determination to win.

Umm, umm, what was that other QB that this happened to and he also wanted to prove his old organization wrong? Oh yeah, that's right...Drew Bledsoe! Don't get too excited just yet, my friend. It's very rare that an established QB goes from one team to another and makes that much of a difference. Hey, maybe the Dolphins catch a break and it works out, but it is far from being a slamdunk!

!Papacrunk!
03-15-2006, 07:08 PM
Justa, who is that quote from? Is there a link to that, or is it someone's recollection of something someone heard about?

justasportsfan
03-15-2006, 08:19 PM
Justa, who is that quote from? Is there a link to that, or is it someone's recollection of something someone heard about?
From FH.

!Papacrunk!
03-15-2006, 08:42 PM
From FH.
lol, that's a credible source

Meister
03-15-2006, 08:53 PM

Slightly misleading....releasing Gus saved ~4.4 mil and Daunte renegotiated and has a deal with 1 mil base salary and 7 mil bonus for ~2 mil cap hit.

TigerJ
03-15-2006, 09:56 PM
I hope the Bills are not interested in this elder and fumble prone option as our 3rd QB.
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1070

I am not really interested in him as a backup for the Bills either. I'd rather the Bills signs someone under 30. But I don't think his fumble numbers are that outrageous, especially considering Miami's offensive line woes last season.

SABURZFAN
03-15-2006, 10:00 PM

speaking of fizzle,that's what cleo lemon will be doing until your franchised gimp returns.then the gimp will show you how overrated he is.

feelthepain
03-15-2006, 11:32 PM
speaking of fizzle,that's what cleo lemon will be doing until your franchised gimp returns.then the gimp will show you how overrated he is.

I read a lot of good stuff about Lemon, although I don't think he'll be able to move out of the three spot or be on the roster come the first game of the year, but us fin fans will just lose all kinds of sleep worrying about Pep returning to his pro bowl form. If we can win 9 games with the rotation of Gus and Sage, I'm sure Pep could get us three more wins.

jmb1099
03-16-2006, 06:30 AM
Ok, Culpeper is an upgrade from where you were so I can understand your optimism. Automatically crediting him with three more wins? Well again I can see your optimism if he performs like he did before last season which he may. So congrats on the addition, I believe it can be a massive upgrade for you guys if he's healthy enough to go, should make for some interesting football games for you.
Now the cap numbers you presented are more than a little fuzzy, but that was already pointed out in a previous post.

Samphin1
03-16-2006, 08:46 AM
Slightly misleading....releasing Gus saved ~4.4 mil and Daunte renegotiated and has a deal with 1 mil base salary and 7 mil bonus for ~2 mil cap hit.

Total savings? 9.9 million. What is misleading about that? Are you really going to break balls over $100,000?

gr8slayer
11-08-2007, 04:15 PM
:snicker:

BillsOverDolphins
11-08-2007, 04:28 PM
Wow, could things have gone any worse for Miami since then? Not trying to smack talk, but seriously, they went straight down the ****ter after that

PECKERWOOD
11-08-2007, 04:48 PM
hahahahah

Mitchy moo
11-08-2007, 05:19 PM

<HR style="COLOR: #f3f3ff" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->

Nighthawk
11-08-2007, 08:16 PM
Whatever happened to feelthepain? I miss him...ha, ha!

Mitchy moo
11-08-2007, 08:19 PM
Whatever happened to feelthepain? I miss him...ha, ha!

owen?????

gr8slayer
11-08-2007, 08:19 PM
He realized that his team is the laughing stock of the league. This quote is classic.

but us fin fans will just lose all kinds of sleep worrying about Pep returning to his pro bowl form. If we can win 9 games with the rotation of Gus and Sage, I'm sure Pep could get us three more wins.

HHURRICANE
11-08-2007, 08:27 PM
I have a bet with FTP and he has already lost it!!!!

Mitchy moo
11-08-2007, 09:02 PM
I have a bet with FTP and he has already lost it!!!!

We all do, goodluck collecting it.

SquishDaFish
11-08-2007, 10:57 PM
:roflmao:

Crisis
11-08-2007, 11:02 PM
To think Rick Spielman used a 2nd on AJ Feeley. Hopefully will have a tad bit better results after spending this 2nd :)

lol nope

mysticsoto
11-09-2007, 08:16 AM
He realized that his team is the laughing stock of the league. This quote is classic.

I like this quote better:

I read a lot of good stuff about Lemon

Ha! Ha! Ha!

:laughing:

PECKERWOOD
11-09-2007, 02:49 PM
lol, I was negged by a queer who couldn't leave his tag!

feelthepain
11-09-2007, 05:02 PM
Bill fans talking smack over a Bills team that has one win over 500. ball club (Baltimore) everyone else the Bills have wins over are a combined 3-16! Of corse if you want to get technical, you could count the jets twice making it 4-24. What exactly should Bill fans be happy about, being better then the Fins?

The Bills remaning schedule teams are a combined 33-24, I'd say that's quite a bit different then the first 8 games played.

gr8slayer
11-09-2007, 05:03 PM
Bill fans talking smack over a Bills team that has one win over 500. ball club (Baltimore) everyone else the Bills have wins over are a combined 3-16! Of corse if you want to get technical, you could count the jets twice making it 4-24. What exactly should Bill fans be happy about, being better then the Fins?

The Bills remaning schedule teams are a combined 33-24, I'd say that's quite a bit different then the first 8 games played.
It's "than" not "then." I'd expect a 40+ year old "man" to know that.

PECKERWOOD
11-09-2007, 06:44 PM
FTP is back! I thought that you lost your manhood for sure. Here's to a Bills win and hopefully an injury free game! :cheers:

Goobylal
11-09-2007, 08:21 PM

Should we be unhappy with 4 wins? Especially considering the Bills now have 10 guys on IR?

PECKERWOOD
11-09-2007, 08:25 PM
Should we be unhappy with 4 wins? Especially considering the Bills now have 10 guys on IR?

No kidding, 2nd in the AFC East and hopefully getting better. (fingers crossed) Then again, placing 2nd in our division isn't hard with the lowly fins and jets. Nevertheless, we swept the Jets, now let us sweep Miami!!

Goobylal
11-09-2007, 08:32 PM
That shouldn't be hard. The Bills were a worse team last year while Miami was a better team last year compared to this year, and the Bills easily swept them.

And while I'm sure the team isn't looking beyond the Miami games, I sure am.

feelthepain
11-09-2007, 09:22 PM
FTP is back! I thought that you lost your manhood for sure. Here's to a Bills win and hopefully an injury free game! :cheers:

Don't blame me for not posting here, someone with control to ban people for talking the same smack Bill fans talk ban me, funny how that works! We'll see if your mods will be man enough to allow visitors to talk the same smack as the Bill fans or if they ban people who aren't fans simply because they can.

Carlton Bailey
11-09-2007, 09:25 PM
It's funny to look back at all of feelthepain's old thoughts; he's truly an exquisite moron. Well done, ftp.

Have you ever been correct about anything?

feelthepain
11-09-2007, 09:45 PM
It's funny to look back at all of feelthepain's old thoughts; he's truly an exquisite moron. Well done, ftp.

Have you ever been correct about anything?

It's not about right or wrong, that's why it's called a "prediction"!!

Bill fans thought the Bills Oline was going to be a monster...they're not!

Bill fans thought their Defense would be much improved, they're not!

Bill fans though JP would turn the corner....he hasn't!

Bill fans thought the Bill's rushing attack would be much better with Lynch over WM....they're not!

Miami has much better offensive rankings then the Bills and about the same defensive rankings. Whats the difference in 4-4 and 0-8?

The Bills played the Jets twice, the Bengals once and the Ravens. Thankl god, or the Bills would also be 0-8!

Carlton Bailey
11-09-2007, 10:36 PM
It's not about right or wrong, that's why it's called a "prediction"!!

Bill fans thought the Bills Oline was going to be a monster...they're not!

Bill fans thought their Defense would be much improved, they're not!

Bill fans though JP would turn the corner....he hasn't!

Bill fans thought the Bill's rushing attack would be much better with Lynch over WM....they're not!

Miami has much better offensive rankings then the Bills and about the same defensive rankings. Whats the difference in 4-4 and 0-8?

The Bills played the Jets twice, the Bengals once and the Ravens. Thankl god, or the Bills would also be 0-8!
1. It's been pretty good.

2. I don't know of many Bills fans who thought the defense would be improved; despite all the youth and injuries, it's 12th in points allowed and has climbed from 32nd against the run to 19th.

3. Losman hasn't, but he looked pretty good against the Bengals and will more than likely tear up Miami.

4. It is. Lynch is fourth in the NFL in rushing.

5. Rankings don't win football games.

6. The Dolphins lost to the Jets and everyone else they've faced.

Well played, genius. You're so brilliant. Sweet Chris Chambers avatar.

feelthepain
11-09-2007, 11:15 PM
1. It's been pretty good.

It Has???? You're team is almost dead last in every statistic offensively!!!

2. I don't know of many Bills fans who thought the defense would be improved; despite all the youth and injuries, it's 12th in points allowed and has climbed from 32nd against the run to 19th.

Really? Funny how you can remember everything I write, but you can't remember anything a large part of Bill fans write on this site...selective memory?? Indeed!!!!

3. Losman hasn't, but he looked pretty good against the Bengals and will more than likely tear up Miami.

Wow he looked good against to 2-7 bengals....woopdee frigin doo!!!

4. It is. Lynch is fourth in the NFL in rushing.

Doesn't WM have more yards?? It doesn't matter where Lynch is listed, if Lynch and Willis are kneck and kneck, what did the Bills gain? Nothing!!! WM and his attitude were no better or worse the ML.

5. Rankings don't win football games.

Nope they sure don't, but the Bills are ranked near the bottom of the league in most statistics and the Pats are listed near the top. Guess who's better, think stats tell the story there!!

6. The Dolphins lost to the Jets and everyone else they've faced.

Yep and the Bills will be watching the playoffs from home too! So who cares?!

Goobylal
11-09-2007, 11:29 PM
The Bills' 12th ranked defense in points allowed should be moving into the top-10 after this weekend.

Crisis
11-10-2007, 12:34 AM
FTP...the only person that values yardage statistics over a W-L record.

Same argument different season.

Scratch that...forgot about Wys

gr8slayer
11-10-2007, 06:01 AM

Hey "bro" what do you know "bro."

Goobylal
11-10-2007, 07:51 AM

Hmmmm. Has anyone seen Wys and FTP post at the same time?:scratch: