Fins sign Pep, release Gus and save 10 Mill in 06 cap space!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • feelthepain
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Mar 2005

Fins sign Pep, release Gus and save 10 Mill in 06 cap space!!!!

KFFL
    Dolphins | Frerotte release saves $4.38M
    Wed, 15 Mar 2006 14:07:02 -0800

Jason Cole, of the Miami Herald, reports by releasing QB Gus Frerotte, the Miami Dolphins saved $4.38 million against the 2006 salary cap.

Dolphins | Culpepper to be late for offseason program
    Wed, 15 Mar 2006 14:14:01 -0800

Miami Dolphins head coach Nick Saban said that QB Daunte Culpepper (knee) will be at the team's offseason program starting March 27, seven days after the program begins. Culpepper will be given permission to arrive late, due to personal reasons. Saban added that Culpepper will be present for coaching sessions and organized team activities.
    Dolphins | Saban hopes Culpepper will be ready for opener
    Wed, 15 Mar 2006 14:15:28 -0800

Miami Dolphins head coach Nick Saban said that the team hopes to have QB Daunte Culpepper (knee) ready for the 2006 regular season opener. "We're going to manage that on a day-to-day, week-to-week basis, working in conjunction with the doctors, his physical therapist, our people," said Saban. "I don't think it's an unrealistic circumstance to think that there's a great possibility that he will, but we're going to work through it and at no time and under no circumstance will we put him at risk of re-injury because he's not ready to be there."
    Wow, we saved 10 Mill and landed a franchise QB!!!! Saban is the fizzel fo shizzel!!!!
  • Samphin1
    • Mar 2004

Re: Fins sign Pep, release Gus and save 10 Mill in 06 cap space!!!!

Yeah, converting Daunte's salary to a roster bonus/whatever bonus was pretty much a no brianer in my opinion. He had like 50 million dollars going forward of unguarentee salary. That should give us plenty of room to re-do contracts or cut him down the line if needed.

This gives Miami room to sign a backup vet and some defensive help as well.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
      Roways rooking ahread!
      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by feelthepain
      Wow, we saved 10 Mill and landed a franchise QB!!!! Saban is the fizzel fo shizzel!!!!
      I think you are going to help the Bills feel the pain. The Bills have signed our 9th TE in 10 years, none have worked out yet.

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

Man, I was really happy with the Culpepper trade. Then this morning I am in Dallas on business and I hear on a sports radio show Peter King talking about how part of the reason the Vikings wanted to get rid of Culpepper was they asked to rehab at the Vikings Facility but he refused. So they make at trip to Florida to see how his rehab is coming along and this JOKER is rehabbing at a Healthsouth and doing sprints in a Walmart parking lot! A professional athlete choosing to rehab at a ghetto rehab center instead of with a NFL organization. Peter King goes on to say how we blew it not getting Brees and that Culpepper is WAY behind is rehab schedule and Brees is a month ahead of his. If this is true, then we just traded for a
        DUMB ! Hopefully Peter King is not telling the truth.
        "We're going to manage that on a day-to-day, week-to-week basis, working in conjunction with the doctors, his physical therapist, our people,"

Daunte's therapist and Doctor
        Attached Files
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• feelthepain
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan

Gee, you're upset and express it through meaningless drivel......who cares!!!

Comment

• gr8slayer
            • Feb 2005

Good for the Dolphins. Now you better hope you get Culpepper from two years ago not from last year.

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
              • Mar 2004

To think Rick Spielman used a 2nd on AJ Feeley. Hopefully will have a tad bit better results after spending this 2nd :)

Comment

• Gunzlingr
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                Always
                You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
                  The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
                  • Feb 2005

congrats FTP on miami getting Pep... great addition.

Mind you, I wish he went to play cricket in Bangladesh, but it is good for you guys :)
                  In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• vicmantak
                    • Jun 2005

I hope the Bills are not interested in this elder and fumble prone option as our 3rd QB.
                    The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

"Defeat is simply a signal to press onward"
                    - Helen Keller

"What we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down"

- Mary Pickford

Comment

• feelthepain
                      All-Pro Zoner
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by keithtr
                      congrats FTP on miami getting Pep... great addition.

Mind you, I wish he went to play cricket in Bangladesh, but it is good for you guys :)

Thanks, even though a lot of us were hoping for Bees, for me because I didn't want to give up a DP, but a mid second for Pep is quite a steal. And this time next year we will have our full compliment of picks. I wouldn't be surprised if Saban trades down and we get an extra pick out of it. So far the Bill fans must be happy with their additions aswell.

Comment

• feelthepain
                        All-Pro Zoner
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                        Good for the Dolphins. Now you better hope you get Culpepper from two years ago not from last year.
                        Pep seems to be very thrilled to be a fin, on the interview on ESPN he couldn't stop smiling. He also has a desire to prove to the Vikes they made huge mistakse letting him go, I think the fins got a guy with a whole lot of desire and determination to win.

Comment

• Devin
                          The Octagon
                          • Apr 2003

As I always say I hate giving the fins any credit, but these are some good moves.
                          http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Nighthawk
                            Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by feelthepain
                            Pep seems to be very thrilled to be a fin, on the interview on ESPN he couldn't stop smiling. He also has a desire to prove to the Vikes they made huge mistakse letting him go, I think the fins got a guy with a whole lot of desire and determination to win.
                            Umm, umm, what was that other QB that this happened to and he also wanted to prove his old organization wrong? Oh yeah, that's right...Drew Bledsoe! Don't get too excited just yet, my friend. It's very rare that an established QB goes from one team to another and makes that much of a difference. Hey, maybe the Dolphins catch a break and it works out, but it is far from being a slamdunk!

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
                              • Mar 2004

Justa, who is that quote from? Is there a link to that, or is it someone's recollection of something someone heard about?

Comment

Working...
                              X