Marv Levy's GM Skills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

Marv Levy's GM Skills

I know that some people feel that we are being patient in FA and not overspending and that it is a good thing. However, when you have as many holes as this team has, you need to have a plan of action to setup the rest of the offseason. When they signed Triplett & then brought in Pickett, I thought, "Hey, they are going to address the DT position in free agency and then focus on another position in the draft, maybe SS or OT." Well, with them letting Pickett slip away and really no other options on the market for DT, it is apparent that Marv & Co. might not have a plan. How do you explain that no OL (besides this guy from the Cards) has been brought in to address our #1 problem...the OL? Also, what is the plan to replace Milloy? We haven't even brought in players to talk to them for these positions...why? Whether people want to admit it or not, time is running out for the Bills to sign "impact" players in the FA market. While other teams address needs, we are patching holes that Marv created by releasing players. We have not become any better and with the way we are approaching this offseason, it does not look very good for this team. Please don't sell to me that the Pats did it this way, because that is not true. They had many of the pieces to the puzzle already in place and could wait, we do not...thus we need to be aggressive in addressing our needs. This has not happened and I'm just not confident that Marv is going to get it done.

Let's hope he has a plan, but it sure looks like he is just sitting back in his rocking chair and waiting for somebody else to do his job. IMO
  • Mr. Cynical
    Maybe?
    • Oct 2003

Re: Marv Levy's GM Skills

I lost faith in his skills on 1/23/06. See sig.

Comment

• gr8slayer
      • Feb 2005

I lost faith in his skills as soon as FA started and we picked up Royal for two million a year.

Comment

• L.A. Playa
        • Aug 2003

Comment

• Nighthawk
          • Jul 2002

Playa, do you not agree? How do you see this team getting any better? With Coy Wire as our starting safety? Uggh!

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Nighthawk
            I know that some people feel that we are being patient in FA and not overspending and that it is a good thing. However, when you have as many holes as this team has, you need to have a plan of action to setup the rest of the offseason. When they signed Triplett & then brought in Pickett, I thought, "Hey, they are going to address the DT position in free agency and then focus on another position in the draft, maybe SS or OT." Well, with them letting Pickett slip away and really no other options on the market for DT, it is apparent that Marv & Co. might not have a plan. How do you explain that no OL (besides this guy from the Cards) has been brought in to address our #1 problem...the OL? Also, what is the plan to replace Milloy? We haven't even brought in players to talk to them for these positions...why? Whether people want to admit it or not, time is running out for the Bills to sign "impact" players in the FA market. While other teams address needs, we are patching holes that Marv created by releasing players. We have not become any better and with the way we are approaching this offseason, it does not look very good for this team. Please don't sell to me that the Pats did it this way, because that is not true. They had many of the pieces to the puzzle already in place and could wait, we do not...thus we need to be aggressive in addressing our needs. This has not happened and I'm just not confident that Marv is going to get it done.

Let's hope he has a plan, but it sure looks like he is just sitting back in his rocking chair and waiting for somebody else to do his job. IMO
            That's the best post I"ve seen on here in WEEKS.. Its VERY true.... Man, maybe the future may get brighter.. But if you thought 2005 was bad.. you aint seen nothing yet.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• L.A. Playa
              • Aug 2003

cant judge anything until games are played, no reason to stress yourself now over things you no control of or any real knowledge of, no one here knows what their game plane is and what direction they want to go in, until the final 53 are annoounced and a few real games are played you cant judge a mans job performance on 5 days of FA

Comment

• patmoran2006
                Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                • Dec 2005

This is the time championship teams find pieces to the puzzle and are built.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Devin
                  The Octagon
                  • Apr 2003

I have sweet bowstaff skills.
                  http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Nighthawk
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by L.A. Playa
                    cant judge anything until games are played, no reason to stress yourself now over things you no control of or any real knowledge of, no one here knows what their game plane is and what direction they want to go in, until the final 53 are annoounced and a few real games are played you cant judge a mans job performance on 5 days of FA
                    I agree with that, but you can sure tell if something is "*****" by the way it smells and Marv's performance so far has smelled really bad. I'm just saying that up until today, 3/15/06, he has not done anything to improve this team. If fact, you can argue we are worse now than at the end of the season. Now, it may change, and God I hope it does, but it sure gets tougher to fill holes when there is nobody of substance to fill those holes with.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Devin
                      I have sweet bowstaff skills.

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                        • Aug 2003

go out and have a drink and get some pussy or some head or something like that and take your mind off it, its March 15 not September 15

Comment

• camelcowboy
                          • Mar 2005

Yeah lets push the panic button now, come on at least see how the draft goes.

Comment

• camelcowboy
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                            This is the time championship teams find pieces to the puzzle and are built.
                            How about you pay attention to the Patriots. They never jump out in free agency they wait till other teams are done being stupid. Then they pick up solid players at a decent price. We signed a couple of solid players now we wait to see how the market shapes up.

Comment

• vicmantak
                              • Jun 2005

IMO it would be very stupid by Marv Levy to be extremely aggressive in his first experience as a GM.
                              He knows that timing is almost everything on success and it makes sense that he is letting the FA market set.

"Defeat is simply a signal to press onward"
                              - Helen Keller

"What we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down"

- Mary Pickford

Comment

Working...
                              X