PDA

View Full Version : Maybe Wilson and Brown were the only smart owners last week.

Jeff1220
03-15-2006, 08:27 PM
The teams got screwed in the new CBA!

Check ouot this espn.com article on disciplinary and money issues in the new CBA:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=2369487

Thanks to the infighting among NFL owners for revenue-sharing prior to the collective bargaining agreement extension, T.O. will get a TKO if his new team doesn't like his antics and wants to discipline him. For almost a week, general managers have been fuming about the revised disciplinary rules. Virtually all the discipline-related grievances teams won in 15 years of the salary-cap era went back to the players.

YardRat
03-15-2006, 08:33 PM
Of course they did, in more ways than one.

When all this boils out and the other owners actually begin to understand all of the ramifications of the new agreement, they'll be saying to themselves "Gee...maybe I should've listened to the old geezer from Buffalo."

ICE74129
03-15-2006, 08:37 PM
There is an out in 08 :handball: You know the owners will be all over that by then

Michael82
03-15-2006, 08:48 PM
There is an out in 08 :handball: You know the owners will be all over that by then
yup, and the ****ing greedy bastard owners (Dan Synder, Jerry Jones, Bob Kraft) that are killing this league will still try to get their way and pocket all their money.

Nighthawk
03-15-2006, 08:50 PM
yup, and the ****ing greedy bastard owners (Dan Synder, Jerry Jones, Bob Kraft) that are killing this league will still try to get their way and pocket their money.

Jerry Jones and Daniel Snyder are the worst things that ever happened to the NFL!

Michael82
03-15-2006, 08:53 PM
Jerry Jones and Daniel Snyder are the worst things that ever happened to the NFL!
EXACTLY!

TacklingDummy
03-15-2006, 08:54 PM
yup, and the ****ing greedy bastard owners (Dan Synder, Jerry Jones, Bob Kraft) that are killing this league will still try to get their way and pocket all their money.

How can someone that's a New York Yankees fan complain about a owner?

gr8slayer
03-15-2006, 09:32 PM
Dont say that here in Dallas, theyll shoot you.

gr8slayer
03-15-2006, 09:32 PM
Great point.

Michael82
03-15-2006, 09:43 PM
Because I'm a Bills fan before a Yankees fan. And yeah I do agree that George Steinbrenner needs to be controlled. He spends stupidly just like Dan Snyder does. But that is MLB's mess. They need a cap there and some regular revenue sharing.

The NFL had it good before the greedy bastard owners came in. Now those guys are pulling away from revenue sharing and ruining the league. **** THEM! :mad:

John Doe
03-16-2006, 05:40 AM
The teams got screwed in the new CBA!

Check ouot this espn.com article on disciplinary and money issues in the new CBA:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=2369487

Quote:
Thanks to the infighting among NFL owners for revenue-sharing prior to the collective bargaining agreement extension, T.O. will get a TKO if his new team doesn't like his antics and wants to discipline him. For almost a week, general managers have been fuming about the revised disciplinary rules. Virtually all the discipline-related grievances teams won in 15 years of the salary-cap era went back to the players.

Levy's plan to go after high character guys looks smarter and smarter.

ddaryl
03-16-2006, 06:30 AM

I laugh at this.

are jones and Snyder the worse things ot happen to the NFL ? ... NO

because 2 other clowns would have bought those teams and they would have done the same damn thing. They bought those franchises with the thought of profit, and they are successful multi-milionaires becasue they don't care about being nice and accomodating with their money.

Dallas and Washington franchises cost a bundle, and you cannot possibly think any human being would spend 700 million on something just to lose money and make clients (NFL fans) happy. unless they could get some sort of huge tax write off....

But I do agree 32 teams in the league and 30 of them screwed the pooch by rushing this deal.

Michael82
03-16-2006, 02:54 PM
I laugh at this.

are jones and Snyder the worse things ot happen to the NFL ? ... NO

because 2 other clowns would have bought those teams and they would have done the same damn thing. They bought those franchises with the thought of profit, and they are successful multi-milionaires becasue they don't care about being nice and accomodating with their money.

Dallas and Washington franchises cost a bundle, and you cannot possibly think any human being would spend 700 million on something just to lose money and make clients (NFL fans) happy. unless they could get some sort of huge tax write off....

But I do agree 32 teams in the league and 30 of them screwed the pooch by rushing this deal.
:ill: