• Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

OT Jason Fabini Coming To OP Today

as per the Thursday Buffalo News.

Nall - no opinion

Fabini will have the Doctors check him out first. If he's OK, make him an offer.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Re: OT Jason Fabini Coming To OP Today

Originally posted by Night Train
    as per the Thursday Buffalo News.

Nall - no opinion

Fabini will have the Doctors check him out first. If he's OK, make him an offer.
    On fabini, IF his interview goes ok. Maybe they see he has nothing left? Maybe his attitude isn't what Marv and DJ want on this team. Again Dont throw money 'just' To sign someone. Sign the right types of guys for what you are trying to do.

It makes things interesting though. The guy is pure LT. Gandy to Guard?

Comment

• ICE74129
      Legendary Zoner
      • Feb 2005

Bills | Team to visit with Nall
      Wed, 15 Mar 2006 22:04:23 -0800

Tom Silverstein, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports free agent QB Craig Nall (Packers) will visit with the Buffalo Bills Thursday, March 16.

Well folks there is your #3 QB. But here is what I find interesting, The kid has like 4 TD's and 0 Ints on his resume. Has a gun for an arm and looked good from when I have seen him. Warner, Brunell, Haselback etc have all been Favre backups at one time...

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

I'm sure Fabini wouldn't be extended a face to face unless the Coaches watched film from early 2005 , prior to the injury. Obviously, they saw good things and wish to see if he's healed since. This invite just isn't random.
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• ICE74129
          Legendary Zoner
          • Feb 2005

From what I hear Mcnally followed this guy all around the Combine. One of Fabini's jobs may be to take this kid under his wing.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by ICE74129
            http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sco...icwinston.html

From what I hear Mcnally followed this guy all around the Combine. One of Fabini's jobs may be to take this kid under his wing.
            If TD was still the GM, Eric Winston would be a Bill on draft day for sure, he suffered a major knee injury in 2004.

Comment

• ICE74129
              Legendary Zoner
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
              If TD was still the GM, Eric Winston would be a Bill on draft day for sure, he suffered a major knee injury in 2004.
              Yeah but bud did you see what he did at the combine? Two of my kids and I were sick that week and I got to see a couple days of it non stop. You can't telll this kid EVER had anything wrong with him. And at the combine they sent him for MRI's so teams med staffs could look at him etc. The kid was outstanding.

And remember...Thruman Thomas had an ACL his JR year

Comment

• ddaryl
                Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                • Jan 2005

We are worried about knee injuries ?

I'm not

We've seen the miracle of modern science first hand with Willis Mcgahee.

Winston requires a trade down scenario IMO

Comment

• ryjam282
                  Offical Billszone Starting QB
                  • Mar 2003

I am a huge Canes fan and have seen the evolution of Winston first hand. He is at times one of the most dominant LT's in college after the injury. But, on running plays to his side, he seemed a little hesitant that he might be rolled up on again but before the injury, he was a MAULER. If McNally or anyone could get him to get that out of his head he will be one of the top 5 tackles in the league for the next 10-15 years. Just my opinion but the kid has it all as well as super quick feet.

Ryan Withey
                  Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• ryjam282
                    Offical Billszone Starting QB
                    • Mar 2003

But, I do agree, trade down is the only way to grab him. He isn't worth the 8th pick. Maybe we take Ngata at #8 and then take one of Denver's #1's and grab Eric then??? Could be nice.

Ryan Withey
                    Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• patmoran2006
                      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                      • Dec 2005

Winston is a major trade down, like at least until the second half of round one.. The Giants are known to be hot for Winston (Eric that is)..

I'd be very happy with Fabini. He's better than Gandy and a true LT.. And since it appears likely the club will keep Gandy for depth, it's nice to have someone with experience at tackle backing him up who can play. I stand by my opinion that Gandy isnt good enough to be a starting LT on a good football team, but his is a good guy to have on the team for depth.

I like having youth and speed on defense.. When it comes to the offensive line, I'd really like to have more experience. Preston is young, and though Peters is REALLY developing into a good tackle, he's still young too.

As Bills fans everybody knows that OL go down with injuries, especially around here it seems.. Sign Fabini if at all possible, and keep Gandy who can play tackle or guard for you when needed.

anybody remember Marcus Price? Valuable depth guy.. Thats the role Gandy should play, I think anyway

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Tatonka
                        • Jul 2002

was fabini ever that good as a jet? he reminds me of john fina.

i personally would much rather see peters to LT and runyon..

what was his injury?
                        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• ICE74129
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Tatonka
                          was fabini ever that good as a jet? he reminds me of john fina.

i personally would much rather see peters to LT and runyon..

what was his injury?
                          I'll say this again....I do NOT want an undrafted TE as our LT. Go with guys that have played it their entire lifes.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                            • Dec 2005

I'd rather see Peters to LT and Runyan at RT too.. but Fabini is probably, in fact definitely a lot cheaper............. Though Buffalo has PLENTY of cap room to land Runyan if they wanted him.

Maybe Marv's thinking is Fabini is a AFC East guy who knows the division well. One way or the other, the other tackle spot is a place where I think Marv addresses through FA and not the draft.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• ICE74129
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Feb 2005

Marv rightfully will NOT offer up a contract to someone he hasn't interviewed. Screw Runyon. This guy is another 'Name' The fans have in thier heads before FA Starts. We have two guys right now that can man RT and do well. Gandy and Peters. Left tackle is more of a concern.

Comment

Working...
                              X