PDA

View Full Version : For those saying no to DT in the first round....

ICE74129
03-16-2006, 09:10 AM
New England did it 3 out of the last 5 years. 01, 03, 04. And I believe they spent the #6 pick on a DT? So #8 isn't an issue. If we can't fill our need at DT in FA (and that is becoming apperant) then Draft Ngata or Bunkley at #8.

bigbub2352
03-16-2006, 09:20 AM
I agree unless Cutler or Vince Young is there then you can go out and get a Grady Jackson filler for a year or two and take someone with unbelievable potential, I also feel the same way if Vernon Davis falls but I dont think he will, Other teams have done it, Drew Brees(Phillop Rivers), Patrick Ramsey, mark Brunell (Jason Campbell) Jon Kitna (Carson Palmer) Mike Vick (Matt Shaub even though not first rnd) Cade Mckown ( Rex Grossman) with there ability in my opinion just too hard to pass up

ICE74129
03-16-2006, 09:21 AM
I agree unless Cutler or Vince Young is there then you can go out and get a Grady Jackson filler for a year or two and take someone with unbelievable potential, I also feel the same way if Vernon Davis falls but I dont think he will, Other teams have done it, Drew Brees(Phillop Rivers), Patrick Ramsey, mark Brunell (Jason Campbell) Jon Kitna (Carson Palmer) Mike Vick (Matt Shaub even though not first rnd) Cade Mckown ( Rex Grossman) with there ability in my opinion just too hard to pass up

Regardless of what our in house blog writer says, we aren't taking a QB. We have too many LINE holes to fill. Our first and 2nd round picks MINIMUM will be on the lines.

ryjam282
03-16-2006, 09:33 AM
Exactly, QB is probably last on the list. I think a new Punter would come before a new QB in round 1.

bigbub2352
03-16-2006, 09:43 AM
i agree but u could pass up that talent especially if we shore up the oline thru FA u can still get run stuffer 2nd rnd or even 3rd, same with SS, and FS, and even Oline 8th pick sure fire talent hard to pass up

ICE74129
03-16-2006, 09:44 AM
i agree but u could pass up that talent especially if we shore up the oline thru FA u can still get run stuffer 2nd rnd or even 3rd, same with SS, and FS, and even Oline 8th pick sure fire talent hard to pass up

We can't shore up the Lines though FA. We will be drafting a DT you can count on that.

EDS
03-16-2006, 09:59 AM
New England did it 3 out of the last 5 years. 01, 03, 04. And I believe they spent the #6 pick on a DT? So #8 isn't an issue. If we can't fill our need at DT in FA (and that is becoming apperant) then Draft Ngata or Bunkley at #8.

Agreed. Then go guard (Joesph, Spencer, etc.) or center (if Mangold is there) in round two. Those would be great picks for the Bills and lay a solid foundation for both lines.

bigbub2352
03-16-2006, 10:07 AM
i agree with u both i am just asking if u could pass on Young or Cutler if they were there that alot of talent to pass up just to get a run stuffer, now if Brick is there no question i would tak him over anyone else, i dont think we need a qb in the first i didnt even read the article by your blog writer or whoever i just looking for opinion that is all, i agree our biggest needs by far are on the lines, the oline improving will only make JP better