PDA

View Full Version : Interested Pat Williams Interview

Terry Tate
03-16-2006, 09:20 AM
Hey Zoners,

Whats up?? Long time no talk, I really like the new look of the website. How is everyone doing around here?? I have been extremely busy working full time and working on PFC. Anyways, I just sat down with Pat Williams yesterday and he had alot to say that I think you guys would be interested in checking out .

Here it is

http://www.profootballcentral.com/interviews/pat_williams.htm

justasportsfan
03-16-2006, 09:25 AM
thanks, good read.

mysticsoto
03-16-2006, 09:28 AM
Pat Williams...a class act all the way! :up:

ryjam282
03-16-2006, 09:30 AM
Good stuff. I really wish we could have kept him.

Terry Tate
03-16-2006, 09:33 AM
I throughly enjoyed speaking to him. He really was a class act and loves and I mean LOVES Bills fans just has a really really sour taste in his mouth about Bills management...

BuffaloBlakely14
03-16-2006, 09:34 AM
PFC- Did they try at all to retain you?

Pat Williams-They offered me little pocket change during the season. Everything they asked of me since coming into this league undrafted, I did. I went through six coaches in 10 years and still excelled and did my job. I did whatever I could to be a great Bill and they just didn't reciprocate.

PFC- What do you think of your old coach Marv Levy running the show now in Buffalo?

Pat Williams- I wish Marv was running the show in Buffalo and I would still be there if he was there. I talk to him all the time and he should have been there from the start.

Man oh man...bitter sweet...makes me think that we have the right guy in the front office though...it is becoming very clear that players love Marv, and they want to be around him and play for him. That is number on that makes me think that we are headed in the right direction. Maybe not next year, but in the future.

kgun12
03-16-2006, 09:35 AM
Thanks, good stuff!

JJamezz
03-16-2006, 09:41 AM
Thanks man - Phat Pat was the man. I still can't believe Donohoe let him get away, for what would've amounted to peanuts by NFL standards... that had to have been one of the most boneheaded moves he ever made.

Terry Tate
03-16-2006, 09:44 AM
Thanks man - Phat Pat was the man. I still can't believe Donohoe let him get away, for what would've amounted to peanuts by NFL standards... that had to have been one of the most boneheaded moves he ever made.

What the Bills organization did definately hurt him. I talked to him right after he got off the phone with Eric Moulds and he just can't understand what Buffalo is doing. He also told me he would never return to the Bills and feels pretty disrespected after everything he did for the team..

JJamezz
03-16-2006, 09:55 AM
To me the Moulds situation is completely different - I have no problem with the way the Bills are handling that. Honestly, I think eMo is being a little delusional..

But what they did to Pat was just messed up.... Although I'm surprised he wouldn't come back now if he had the chance (which obviously he never will) - I would've thought those responsible for what happened are gone now..

patmoran2006
03-16-2006, 10:45 AM
Pat Williams leaving was the single-biggest reason in my mind the Bills went into the tank in 2005.. Alongside Adams the two were nearly unstoppable and opened up everything for the defense, which of course in turn gave the offense a lot more chances to do things..

I was disgusted the day he left and even more so when I see what we have at DT at the moment.

Great read.

Devin
03-16-2006, 10:47 AM
Pat Williams leaving was the single-biggest reason in my mind the Bills went into the tank in 2005.. Alongside Adams the two were nearly unstoppable and opened up everything for the defense, which of course in turn gave the offense a lot more chances to do things..

I was disgusted the day he left and even more so when I see what we have at DT at the moment.

Great read.

I agree and I dont.

If losing 1 starting DT causes a colapse like 2005, then we were never that good to begin with.

Patti120
03-16-2006, 10:56 AM

Great read.

That's what I was saying all last year. It's hard to believe that one guy can be THAT important but Pat was.

mysticsoto
03-16-2006, 11:37 AM
That's what I was saying all last year. It's hard to believe that one guy can be THAT important but Pat was.

The reason why he was so important is b'cse the entire defense depended on stopping the run to be successful. It's like expecting a QB will be successful behind a crappy line - it's just not possible. The previous administration didn't seem to understand this. If they changed a cog in the entire machinery, they expected it to be seamless - and didn't have the ability to adapt with new people. Mularkey was the front runner on this, but Gray also gets a huge piece of the blame. If the "46" was no longer going to work without Pat, then he had to change (even if that is a big change to make) through the season.

In actuality, a good coach or def coach, should have realized that this was going to happen. Ron Edwards is okay, but he is NOT a run stuffer and therefore would never be able to do what Pat used to do...

ICE74129
03-16-2006, 11:40 AM
I agree and I dont.

If losing 1 starting DT causes a colapse like 2005, then we were never that good to begin with.

And that folks is a man that gets it. :bf1:

HAMMER
03-16-2006, 12:05 PM
And that folks is a man that gets it. :bf1:

I don't know about that. We went from being a top three defense with Ted Washington for several years, to trash when he was let go. Then they do the same thing with Phat Pat, 2nd in the league to almost dead last. This tells me that a stud in the middle of your defense is pretty important. Why couldn't a "football genius" like Tom Donahoe figure this out. Pretty simple really, controlling the line of scrimmage starts in the middle of the field.

Terry Tate
03-16-2006, 01:49 PM
Thanks for the great comments guys! Im going to be interviewing Antoine Winfield next!

dplus47
03-16-2006, 04:38 PM
I don't know about that. We went from being a top three defense with Ted Washington for several years, to trash when he was let go. Then they do the same thing with Phat Pat, 2nd in the league to almost dead last. This tells me that a stud in the middle of your defense is pretty important. Why couldn't a "football genius" like Tom Donahoe figure this out. Pretty simple really, controlling the line of scrimmage starts in the middle of the field.

it became a lot easier to run on the bills with williams out of town. back in the days of tim bowens, the phins would always become MUCH worse whenever he went down due to injury (which happened a lot toward the end of his career). how can everybody be chanting "it starts with the lines" and then underestimate the importance of run-stuffing DT's? if teams can run at will on you, they can control the game. this magnifies any problems you might have on offense. as a phins fan, i have watched this happen again and again.

dplus47
03-16-2006, 04:40 PM
Thanks for the great comments guys! Im going to be interviewing Antoine Winfield next!

buckeye!

nice interview, TT.

!Papacrunk!
03-16-2006, 06:40 PM
Hey Zoners,

Whats up?? Long time no talk, I really like the new look of the website. How is everyone doing around here?? I have been extremely busy working full time and working on PFC. Anyways, I just sat down with Pat Williams yesterday and he had alot to say that I think you guys would be interested in checking out .

Here it is

http://www.profootballcentral.com/interviews/pat_williams.htm

PITA PA!

Billsrock4life
03-16-2006, 08:36 PM
thnx for the read....man i wish we couldve kept him and got rid of adams

Slim
03-16-2006, 08:42 PM
Pat Williams...a class act all the way! :up:

Not at all... I actually know him.. He was friends with Eric, my cousin is best friends with Eric.... 2 years ago i was in Mould's trailor after the Ram's game with eric and pat... Pat is a total jackass.

Although I wish we never would have gotten rid of him.