X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BuffaloBlakely14
    • Sep 2003

Pickett and other Various FA Bills Notes

Scroll down and read about Pickett, kind of makes me glad we lost out on him. Seems like the kind of player that Marv and company are trying to get rid of and shy away from. Granted there is a part of me that is looking for the silver lining in missing out on him.

To be honest with you I am more upset that we didnt make a push for Rockey Bernard. I dont know if this is because he is more similar to Tripplett or what. But it seems like signed a very reasonable contract with Seattle (maybe just because it was Seattle and he took less to return there) but it doesnt seem like it would have taken a lot more to get him.

By no means am I jumping on the the Craig Nall train, but there are some very big positives and negatives there.

Carig Nall

Positives:
    Young, strong arm, NFL experience (limited but some nonetheless), trained under one of the greatest Qbs of all time. He has played extremely well in the limited action that he has seen. Probably very hungry for a chance to compete. Could come relatively cheap i would think, and really is a no lose situation as long as we dont give him big money (which I dont think we have to worry about).

Negatives:
    Limited playing time, then the major thing that I can think of is that for some reason the Pack wanted to go with Aaron Rogers, and didnt want to pass the reigns to Nall when Farve retired (maybe they didnt think that he would stick around long enough, or they just didnt have faith in him, I dont know)

Fabini

I have to admit I havent had time to do any research on him, and dont know much. But if the price is right and that allows us to move Gandy to left guard and Bennie to the bench then I think this is a move worth making.
  • BuffaloBillsStampede
    • Aug 2005

Re: Pickett and other Various FA Bills Notes

very good find, made me feel better.
    SUPER MARIO PLEASE COME TO BUFFALO!!!!

Comment

• ICE74129
      Legendary Zoner
      • Feb 2005

Now damn it guys, don't you know that we are DOOMED because we didn't sign Pickett? (sarcasm off)

Comment

• bigbub2352
        • Feb 2005

pickett was a big name FA in a no name DT market only because he was a 1st rnd pick from Ohio State, It would have been nice to get him in his prime but We can do better or the same in the draft, Fabini would solidify the youngsters on the line and also Nall would be a hell of alot better than Shane Falco(Matthews) he did a hell of a job mentoring JP
        XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• ICE74129
          Legendary Zoner
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by bigbub2352
          pickett was a big name FA in a no name DT market only because he was a 1st rnd pick from Ohio State, It would have been nice to get him in his prime but We can do better or the same in the draft, Fabini would solidify the youngsters on the line and also Nall would be a hell of alot better than Shane Falco(Matthews) he did a hell of a job mentoring JP
          Nall won't be coming here to tutor anyone. IF he signs with us that means he was guaranteed a shot at the starters job

Comment

• BuffaloBlakely14
            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by ICE74129
            Nall won't be coming here to tutor anyone. IF he signs with us that means he was guaranteed a shot at the starters job

I think that he was talking about Shane tutoring JP in a sarcastic way...

I agree with ICE...if Craig Nall signs here he has been guaranteed to be in the running to be the starter...that is almost a sure thing Nall will be looking for

Comment

Working...
            X