X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

On the subject of O-Line

Despite the complaint of poor O-Line performance everywhere, including the mighty important vote of Levy, Mouse is one of the few position coaches retained by Juron. I have to guess that his input is counted by the head coach.

Already the last two O-Linemen from the pre-Mouse era are gone this offseason. So in precisely two years, the Bills O-line completes a 100% overhaul, which, in general, is not a good thing. On the flip side, however, in theory, now everyone should be on McNally's technique, communications at the line.

With that in mind, I actually don't expect a dramatic change of the O-line because the philosophy stays the same and the primary evaluator stays the same. Both Gandy and Peters just got warm in their seat at their positions, if you are McNally, you may opt for stability and let them getting better.

Villarial will take the RG position. Preston is more or less earmarked for the center since we can't seem to find anything better in FA, and I don't imagine that we plug a fresh draft pick to the starting center position right away.

That brings us to Bennie Anderson, the LG. Remember I protested the signing last year, calling him the swing door. It turns out the staff were not exactly enamored with him either during the season. The way I see it, this might be the only competing position on the line in 2006 and I won't be surprised to see Bennie comes out winning the starting job again. The Mouse obviously saw something in him for the Bills to sign him late last year. If, I mean if, Bennie follows theough a tight training routine in the off-season (something he was never able to do before), getting his weight down to improve some lateral movement speed, based on his performance at the end of last season, he just might be the best LG on the Bills roster on openning day.
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Re: On the subject of O-Line

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh
    Despite the complaint of poor O-Line performance everywhere, including the mighty important vote of Levy, Mouse is one of the few position coaches retained by Juron. I have to guess that his input is counted by the head coach.

Already the last two O-Linemen from the pre-Mouse era are gone this offseason. So in precisely two years, the Bills O-line completes a 100% overhaul, which, in general, is not a good thing. On the flip side, however, in theory, now everyone should be on McNally's technique, communications at the line.

With that in mind, I actually don't expect a dramatic change of the O-line because the philosophy stays the same and the primary evaluator stays the same. Both Gandy and Peters just got warm in their seat at their positions, if you are McNally, you may opt for stability and let them getting better.

Villarial will take the RG position. Preston is more or less earmarked for the center since we can't seem to find anything better in FA, and I don't imagine that we plug a fresh draft pick to the starting center position right away.

That brings us to Bennie Anderson, the LG. Remember I protested the signing last year, calling him the swing door. It turns out the staff were not exactly enamored with him either during the season. The way I see it, this might be the only competing position on the line in 2006 and I won't be surprised to see Bennie comes out winning the starting job again. The Mouse obviously saw something in him for the Bills to sign him late last year. If, I mean if, Bennie follows theough a tight training routine in the off-season (something he was never able to do before), getting his weight down to improve some lateral movement speed, based on his performance at the end of last season, he just might be the best LG on the Bills roster on openning day.
    Good post. Interesting thought on Big Bennie. You have to wonder if we still had Rusty Jones instead of Brad "Fat is my friend" Roll, that maybe Bennie Anderson would have gotten his weight down and been a better player....

Comment

Working...
    X