PDA

View Full Version : Matt Bowen and Jared DeVries at OBD

ICE74129
03-16-2006, 10:42 AM
Not big names, seems more to be an attempt at quality depth. Again the types of guys NE built thier team on....

The Quebecer
03-16-2006, 10:50 AM
Devries = Denney's Replacement... maybe!

IAG
03-16-2006, 10:55 AM
Can you stop talking about how "this is like New England". It is sad to see you guys hope and hope and hope. You do not have a QB, you do not have a coach, you do not have an owner willing to spend big money. Face facts that the Bills stink out loud.

patmoran2006
03-16-2006, 10:55 AM
Depth is great.. Now all we need are some starters.
The Bad News Bears menatility can only get you so far once the game starts.. But maybe that's just me.

ICE74129
03-16-2006, 11:02 AM
Depth is great.. Now all we need are some starters.
The Bad News Bears menatility can only get you so far once the game starts.. But maybe that's just me.

No unfortunately there are more whiners like you

bigbub2352
03-16-2006, 11:03 AM
Second teir bums refer to my post of buffalo having trouble bringing in top flight FA

patmoran2006
03-16-2006, 11:04 AM
We must be trying to secure Brady Quinn already for 2007, because the direction we're going in, we're headed that way.

ICE74129
03-16-2006, 11:13 AM
We must be trying to secure Brady Quinn already for 2007, because the direction we're going in, we're headed that way.

It is past time to STFU. We get it, you hate the Bills and everything they are doing / are going to do. Go write about the Dolphins.

bigbub2352
03-16-2006, 11:22 AM
i would rather see them lookinig at tank williams he has good size and hits also not bad in pass coverage and about to enter his prime wouldn't be bad him and rashad baker back there who i think needs more playing time Troy is over the hill

ICE74129
03-16-2006, 11:26 AM
Baker played very well when in there. Tank might want too much money or might not even want to be here.

gr8slayer
03-16-2006, 11:37 AM
"Think possitive thoughts"

mysticsoto
03-16-2006, 11:50 AM
It is past time to STFU. We get it, you hate the Bills and everything they are doing / are going to do. Go write about the Dolphins.

Apparently, anyone who disagrees with ICE on what is currently going on needs to leave this forum. I guess there will be like 3 people left. Instead of a forum for discussion, ICE wants a Borg-like forum where everyone agrees to anything he says and to all his opinions...

gr8slayer
03-16-2006, 11:51 AM
Apparently, anyone who disagrees with ICE on what is currently going on needs to leave this forum. I guess there will be like 3 people left. Instead of a forum for discussion, ICE wants a Borg-like forum where everyone agrees to anything he says and to all his opinions...

patmoran2006
03-16-2006, 12:25 PM

Don't be ******ed.. I like the Miami Dolphins about as much as Donald Trump likes Martha Stewart... Yes I've covered the Bills but before anything, I am a FAN FIRST.

but you're one dellusional cat. I would LOVE to hear your blueprint for exactly HOW the Bills are going to be a respectable football team in the standings.. and get that asinine illusion from your head about trading MOulds for Walker, Please I beg of you.

And you lead the charge in bashing MIami for acquiring Culpepper? YOu've got to be kidding. I hate the fins, but they ALREADY were on the cusp of a playoff team and now they got when healthy , EASILY a top six QB in this league. think with your head, not your heart. NOt too mention they have Nick Saban.. Get your scale out.. Saban... Jauron.. You do the math.

If your willing to sit and wait year after year (and year) for us to turn the corner back to a playoff team, all the power too you.. I'm just disgusted that we have this cap money in front of us and do nothing with it.

There was a team all throughout the 1990's who operated the exact same way.. ALways had the money, never spent it. Always wanted to build young, inexpensive and through the draft.. They didnt exactly become the team of the 90's..

They were better known as the Cincinnati Bengals.

ICE74129
03-16-2006, 12:26 PM

We got the fact he hates everything about the Bills and we are DOOMED. Time to STFU about it now.

patmoran2006
03-16-2006, 12:32 PM
NO.. I LOVE the Bills..

I HATE the way they are being run.. There is a BIG BIG difference.

ICE74129
03-16-2006, 12:33 PM
Don't be ******ed.. I like the Miami Dolphins about as much as Donald Trump likes Martha Stewart... Yes I've covered the Bills but before anything, I am a FAN FIRST.

but you're one dellusional cat. I would LOVE to hear your blueprint for exactly HOW the Bills are going to be a respectable football team in the standings.. and get that asinine illusion from your head about trading MOulds for Walker, Please I beg of you.

And you lead the charge in bashing MIami for acquiring Culpepper? YOu've got to be kidding. I hate the fins, but they ALREADY were on the cusp of a playoff team and now they got when healthy , EASILY a top six QB in this league. think with your head, not your heart. NOt too mention they have Nick Saban.. Get your scale out.. Saban... Jauron.. You do the math.

If your willing to sit and wait year after year (and year) for us to turn the corner back to a playoff team, all the power too you.. I'm just disgusted that we have this cap money in front of us and do nothing with it.

There was a team all throughout the 1990's who operated the exact same way.. ALways had the money, never spent it. Always wanted to build young, inexpensive and through the draft.. They didnt exactly become the team of the 90's..

They were better known as the Cincinnati Bengals.

Pure hysterical bull crap and stupidity. 'Year after year'? Marv Levy can't undo the last year of John Butlers mess nor the crap that we went through with Tom Donahoe. This is about oh...month 2-3 for the Marv reign. So YES we must sit, be patient and let marv and Co do thier thing.

'All of this cap room and doing nothing with it'. Again learn the facts of free agency then post. A team with 14.5 mill CAN NOT OUT BID teams with 25+ in cap room. Esp a team with 35 mill like Green bay. The new CBA just bailed a ton of teams out of hell and made it a more wide open market. Teams have much more money than us, some 2-2.5X more than us, we can't out bid that.

There is this other team that built inexpensive and through the draft. It's called the New England Patriots and they have THREE superbowl rings in 5 years to show for it.

Marv is doing the RIGHT THING. You don't throw money just to throw it. 'Hey We need two DT's Although none of them are worth 5 mill per year, lets just throw it at them so we can say we did and PRETEND it will all work out'. That is exactly what you knee Jerk whiners are asking Marv to do.

As is we will draft a DT that most likely will play very well for us for many years and be CHEAPER than a 5 mill per year underachieving fat ass in free agency.

Do you see the Vikes with all of their money signing guys just to sign them? No. Ziggi has a plan. Do you see New England running out and grabbing everyone in sight although they have clear cut needs and are cutting guys left and right? NO! Because they know better and so does marv.

ICE74129
03-16-2006, 12:35 PM
NO.. I LOVE the Bills..

I HATE the way they are being run.. There is a BIG BIG difference. yeah yeah we got it thanks to your 300 other Front office bashing and *****ing responses on every damn thread on this board. You hate the way marv is doing things....got it.

Tatonka
03-16-2006, 12:58 PM
No unfortunately there are more whiners like you

"Hey Pot... This is the Kettle... I was just calling to tell you your black!"

ICE74129
03-16-2006, 01:01 PM
"Hey Pot... This is the Kettle... I was just calling to tell you your black!"

I am one of the only (apperantly) positive guys around. I know what marv is trying to do and am more than willing to let him do it. Damn folks, the man hasn't been on the job long!

BidsJr
03-16-2006, 01:04 PM
Both are Iowa Hawkeyes. GO HAWKS!!!!!!!

patmoran2006
03-16-2006, 01:05 PM
so was Chuck Long.. that boy was good.. in college

BidsJr
03-16-2006, 01:18 PM
so was Chuck Long.. that boy was good.. in college

So what is your point? Every college has high draft pick underachievers.

These two have overachieved their entire careers. Only hard work has gotten them here. I would take hard working high character people every day of the week.

Dicknoze69
03-16-2006, 01:58 PM
Back to the topic....Bowen I don't like, we already have him on the roster (Coy Wire)

DeVries I think would be excellent depth along the DL though.

dplus47
03-16-2006, 04:53 PM
NO.. I LOVE the Bills..

I HATE the way they are being run.. There is a BIG BIG difference.

this is a distinction i wish people were sophisticated enough to make. unfortunately, they fail to make that distinction in a LOT of areas (e.g. politics). i don't understand when expressing opinions that run counter to leadership became equal to hatred.

dplus47
03-16-2006, 04:56 PM
yeah yeah we got it thanks to your 300 other Front office bashing and *****ing responses on every damn thread on this board. You hate the way marv is doing things....got it.

this is funny, considering all the JP threads you made recently. i really enjoyed every time you told somebody they were in love with kelly holcomb. that never got old.

Philagape
03-16-2006, 05:03 PM
The Wal-Mart offseason continues.

guy
03-16-2006, 05:23 PM
they inked bowen

Bill Brasky
03-16-2006, 05:28 PM
this makes sense! let's sign guys to fill the depth chart while the majority of our 1st string still equates to dog crap.

right now the bills are antique shopping. they're just collecting useless garbage while the trailor continues to fall apart.

ICE74129
03-16-2006, 05:37 PM
this makes sense! let's sign guys to fill the depth chart while the majority of our 1st string still equates to dog crap.

right now the bills are antique shopping. they're just collecting useless garbage while the trailor continues to fall apart.

I remember NE fans saying the same thing when Pioli and BB were taking the same approach to Free Agency.

Tatonka
03-16-2006, 05:49 PM
I am one of the only (apperantly) positive guys around. I know what marv is trying to do and am more than willing to let him do it. Damn folks, the man hasn't been on the job long!

it is a new kick that your on right now.. you have whined as much if not more than anyone on this board.. you had a negative rep forever.

dplus47
03-16-2006, 05:49 PM
I remember NE fans saying the same thing when Pioli and BB were taking the same approach to Free Agency.

they did take a somewhat cautious approach, but they signed impact guys at the same time. think about rodney harrison and roosevelt colvin, for example. i think the pats did a good job of not overpaying for people. for example, they let their own guy, damien woody, get away, and he got WAAAAY overpaid in detroit. i think the jury is still out on this free agency period, obviously, but people have a right to express their concerns, just as you have the right to ignore them.

Tatonka
03-16-2006, 05:51 PM
this is a distinction i wish people were sophisticated enough to make. unfortunately, they fail to make that distinction in a LOT of areas (e.g. politics). i don't understand when expressing opinions that run counter to leadership became equal to hatred.

that was the most intelligent thing i have read on a football message board.

dplus47
03-16-2006, 06:02 PM
that was the most intelligent thing i have read on a football message board.

thanks for that. i don't like "you're not a REAL fan" arguments much. nice observation in post #31 above. it's as if the past is changeable to some people. "we've always been at war with eurasia..."

Nighthawk
03-16-2006, 07:10 PM
Not big names, seems more to be an attempt at quality depth. Again the types of guys NE built thier team on....

We're not NE...stop comparing us to them. I respect you, but come up with a better argument...this one does not fly.

John Doe
03-16-2006, 09:51 PM
Pure hysterical bull crap and stupidity. 'Year after year'? Marv Levy can't undo the last year of John Butlers mess nor the crap that we went through with Tom Donahoe. This is about oh...month 2-3 for the Marv reign. So YES we must sit, be patient and let marv and Co do thier thing.

'All of this cap room and doing nothing with it'. Again learn the facts of free agency then post. A team with 14.5 mill CAN NOT OUT BID teams with 25+ in cap room. Esp a team with 35 mill like Green bay. The new CBA just bailed a ton of teams out of hell and made it a more wide open market. Teams have much more money than us, some 2-2.5X more than us, we can't out bid that.

There is this other team that built inexpensive and through the draft. It's called the New England Patriots and they have THREE superbowl rings in 5 years to show for it.

Marv is doing the RIGHT THING. You don't throw money just to throw it. 'Hey We need two DT's Although none of them are worth 5 mill per year, lets just throw it at them so we can say we did and PRETEND it will all work out'. That is exactly what you knee Jerk whiners are asking Marv to do.

As is we will draft a DT that most likely will play very well for us for many years and be CHEAPER than a 5 mill per year underachieving fat ass in free agency.

Do you see the Vikes with all of their money signing guys just to sign them? No. Ziggi has a plan. Do you see New England running out and grabbing everyone in sight although they have clear cut needs and are cutting guys left and right? NO! Because they know better and so does marv.

Y'all can neg me all you want, but that is a great post.

LifetimeBillsFan
03-16-2006, 10:48 PM
Back to the topic....Bowen I don't like, we already have him on the roster (Coy Wire)

DeVries I think would be excellent depth along the DL though.

Bowen is actually more of the "anti-Wire"--he's not a great run-support safety, but he has great speed and is pretty good in running to the ball in coverage. Wire is a run-support safety who can blitz, but he couldn't find the receiver he's supposed to cover on pass routes if you gave him a map.