• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

I CAN'T STAND IT ANYMORE

Craig Nall as QB competition? lol, don't even get me started dudes..what the hell is going on here.. Wow, we really are turning into the Arizona Bills..
    I"m SOOO sick and tired of hearing about "not overpaying" for names and this and that.. We were in GOOD cap shape compared to the league average to being with.. THEN the cap went up $7.5 million.. We have a few BUMS on our team with Bennie Anderson leading the charge for money and we have Moulds who will NEVER take a paycut to play in Buffalo, with over $5 million in MORE cap money..

Unless you have no problem with Buffalo being a bottom feeder for the next 3-4 years minimum, I suggest that Marv Levy stops spending times on the Nalls, Bowens and Devries of the world at this "roster making" time of Free Agency.

Buffalo is now EASILY in the top 10 of teams left with cap room to spend. Go out and PAY for a Fabini or Runyan at tackle.. Go out and get Wells or Neal to play guard (I'll drive Bennie to the airport myself)..
    It's getting to a point of Free Agency where a lot of the players that can help turn your team around TODAY are gone. Do you know Milloy and Adams are the highest rated players at their positions left in FA?

I had no problems with their cuts, but given our friendly cap situation I never thought in a million years (outside of Tripplett) that we wouldn't have addressed these positions in FA.

Tripplett is here to take Edwards/Anderson/Bannon's spot.. Don't fool yourself... When Adams was cut I thought alright cool we'll go get a Bernard, Pickett, Glover, Pryce or Kemo.. didn't happen.. I mean, we did save $3.5 million but cutting Adams..

Same with Milloy.. We cut him and saved $2.5 million... Why didn't we put up the bucks and get McCree or Archuleta? Even Chavous would have been great in "our new cover two".

No, instead we go out and sign a blocking TE in Royal (who is never going to be anything more than a David Moore) and Andre DAvis AKA Antonio Brown...
    Eric Moulds will NOT take a paycut if he has to remain in Buffalo and our half-senile grandmothers (RIP to the ones who aren't with us) know this. Why in the world did we NOT get it done and get a real 2nd WR like Antonio Bryant, David Given or Joe Jurevicious.

Yeah, yeah, yeah.. Draft, Draft, Draft.. I have a newsflash... You can only get so much help through a draft.. As we learned with Mike Williams, NOTHING in the draft is a given anyway.. I'll spend my cash on a five-year proven NFL veteran before a draft prospect anyway.. The Draft is important to the future.. but damn. We've been looking to the future for six years now.

I have no problem personally with Moore.. err I mean Royal; or Davis. But those guys should be AFTERTHOUGHTS.. NOT pieces to a playoff puzzle that has alluded the Bills for six years running.

This organization is a straight up mess.. Getting rid of Donahoe and especially Mularkey (him quitting was a gift) COULD have been a major turning point.

When you have a 87-year old owner, one who can barely communicate a sentence properly to the public anymore, introduce a 80-year old rookie GM.. who then goes out and gets a recylcled head coach in Jauron.. What are your thoughts?

Call me crazy, my thoughts are like "alright man, this team is done with rebuilding and their going to put a product out there that can compete and win right away."

Wrong.. We are in nothing but another rebuilding phase.. Cut this veteran, cut that veteran, replace him with younger cheaper guys.. Draft well.. blahblahblah.

If This was going to be are route then Levy should never have been hired, and surely Jauron not either.. If we're going the "we will get high character guys and young guys who havent hit that 'age wall' (those are Levy's direct words).. Then why didnt we just go with a young upstart coach like Bates or Kubiak. (Donahoe got it wrong, twice) and a younger GM who has YEARS LEFT on the tank for a long term vision.

I have no problem with "high character" guys I understand what it does for chemistry. But all the high character in the world isn't going to help Andre Davis get 5 yards off the line when Ty Law is covering him or stop the ball from hitting Royal in the facemask when JP (Or is it Holcomb?) fires a bullet at him over the middle.

Mix some high character with some a$$holes like T.O. and Jerry Porter.

Ahh a whole new subject.. WHY NOT sign T.O.? He's a jackoff yes.. He destroyed PHilly's club house.... He's a spoiled little baby.. He also happens to be the VERY BEST WR in the entire NFL... Deal with him Mon-Sat just like Marv did with Jimbo.. ON Sundays there is NOBODY in the league better than T.O.. He damn near took Philly on his back and beat NE in the Super Bowl by himself.

and here's the funny thing, with the money you save by cutting Moulds alone, you can have TO! Put it this way, how much further can TO throw JP under the bus than Moulds did last year? You wanna know the difference? TO wont beat around the bush like that just-as selfish coward Moulds did it..Yer Levy "wants to find a way to keep Moulds". And here's a thing.. Maybe, just maybe.. TO actually learned his lesson and is ready to play football.. Give him an incentive-laced contract.. If he gets back to just being the best WR in football you pay him accordingly.. If he effs up, you throw him off the team and how much did he hurt your team that was already miles away from contending to begin with?

Again, take Joey Porter.. Horrible guy, big mouth.. Cowher is as tough as they come.. You know why Cowher puts up with it? He knows he NEEDS JOey Porters on his team as much if not more than the class guys like Betis. Its what WINS super bowls.

The bottom line is Ralph Wilson is bitter at the league and has flat out gotten ridiculously cheap. He hired Jauron becuase he was cheap.. Wilson WANTS to win a Super Bowl, he just doesnt want to have to PAY to win a Super Bowl.

The bottom feeders that sat alongside the Bills the past several years are all taking steps to get better. Look at what Arizona and Cleveland has done.. Even teams that aren't in much better cap shape are doing more.. Tennessee had only around $6 million in cap room yet they go out and get Mawae, Givens and Hope. Those sound like three guys in three positions that Buffalo could use.. they have LESS cap room than we do..

I can't stand this organization anymore.. I have both a personal and business interest vested in the Bills and it SUCKS first and foremost as a fan to see CRAP disguised as "high character" mean nothing more than "we aint paying the money it takes to get impact players who can double our win total"

Brace yourself, because as much as I hate to admit it, you're now smack dab in the middle of what has become the worst franchise in the entire NFL.

And for the record, there may be many on here AS devoted to the Bills as me, but NOBODY wants to see them win more than me.

Signed,
    Future Bill
    Brady Quinn in 2007 with Pick #1 Overall

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • gr8slayer
    • Feb 2005

Re: I CAN'T STAND IT ANYMORE

Good post/points.

Comment

• casdhf
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
      cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Carlton Bailey

I didn't bother to read the post because the title didn't tickle my fancy. Craig Nall is a solid prospect who I wouldn't mind seeing compete for the starting job in Buffalo. After all these years backing up Favre, he must have picked up some positive tendencies. He's been the free agent QB I've wanted in Buffalo.

Comment

• HAMMER
          I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
          • Jul 2003

You are like a manic broad, up one day, down in the dumps the next, up the next day, ready to jump the next. Chill, Trust Marv.

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

i couldnt even read all that .. there was so much whining that i got nausious and had to stop.

it is a week and a half into fa.
            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• patmoran2006
              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
              • Dec 2005

When Craig Nall plays four quarters let alone wins a few games, then I'll talk about Craig Nall being the future of the Buffalo Bills.

I understand that he played behind Favre.. And apparently he's so good that the Pack drafted Aaron Rodgers last year to take over for Favre when he finally retires.

Jim Sorgi has backed up Peyton Manning. Do you want him toO?

Comment

• EDS
                • Jan 2003

Step off the ledge and go to your happy place.

No team wins a super bowl during free agency. The best teams are teams with good systems that incorporate the right mix of high and low priced talent for their system. For example:

Patriots - They have been able to incorporate many lower priced free agents into a talent base that was built in the draft. Occasionally they spend money on a Rosevelt Colvins but in reality he hasn't won anything for them.

Denver O-line - They use lower round draft picks who work well in their system and consistently have a top ground game despite the name on the back of the starting running backs jersey.

Tampa D-Line - Again, an occassional big money spend on a guy but they get great efforts from no-names like Chidi, Chantric Darby, etc.

Indy O-Line - They bleed guys like DeMulling and replace them with low draft picks that fit their system.

Comment

• casdhf
                  • Jul 2002

looks like you're hunting for a new team
                  Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                  cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• patmoran2006
                    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by HAMMER
                    You are like a manic broad, up one day, down in the dumps the next, up the next day, ready to jump the next. Chill, Trust Marv.
                    LOL, you're right about that. I am very much a PMS'er when it comes to this organization..

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                      Zero for Zero!
                      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
                      i couldnt even read all that .. there was so much whining that i got nausious and had to stop.

it is a week and a half into fa.
                      Actually it is only half a week into FA.

Apparently the world is ending.

Methinks he should change his username to Discopatmoran2006.
                      Originally posted by mysticsoto
                      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                        Too sober for this...
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                        Actually it is only half a week into FA.

Apparently the world is ending.

Methinks he should change his username to Discopatmoran2006.

Comment

• BigGabes23
                          • Mar 2006

It is a week and a half in, and we are already done for. Losman is never going to develop with this collection of stiffs, and Mcgahee is out like the jean jacket when his contract is up. Great post

Comment

• patmoran2006
                            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                            • Dec 2005

Jean jackets still rule

Comment

• ICE74129
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by casdhf
                              Exactly. I told him to go take some midol and the cramping would stop.

Comment

Working...
                              X