PDA

View Full Version : According to sports at yahoo.com

mysticsoto
03-16-2006, 12:19 PM
8. Buffalo Bills (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/buf/) – Haloti Ngata, DT, Oregon. Larry Tripplett (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5928/) was a nice pickup in free agency, but he'll need to work next to a rock to be most effective. Ngata fits the bill perfectly as the replacement for Sam Adams. This might be the most absolute lock among the top-10 picks.

They might be right. With not many DTs left worth anything, it just might become our 1st draft pick - and rather than Bunkley, they may choose a big guy in hopes of him being the next Ted Washington...

YardRat
03-16-2006, 12:24 PM
Nothing is a lock for the Bills in the draft. I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least a little stunned by the Bill's first pick.

patmoran2006
03-16-2006, 12:29 PM
Bunkley fits a "fly to the ball" defense better than Ngata

Devin
03-16-2006, 12:36 PM
Ngata isnt a bad pick, id be happy with him.

ICE74129
03-16-2006, 12:37 PM
Ngata isnt a bad pick, id be happy with him.

After watching him I agree completely.

Devin
03-16-2006, 12:39 PM
Honestly if we address the DL with Ngata/Hali/Bunk...etc id be happy.

The only pick for OL worth top 10 pick is Brick, Erik Winston would be next imo but not at 8.

ICE74129
03-16-2006, 12:41 PM
Honestly if we address the DL with Ngata/Hali/Bunk...etc id be happy.

The only pick for OL worth top 10 pick is Brick, Erik Winston would be next imo but not at 8.
D, Everyone of the 'experts' say there will be OLinmen there when we pick 8th in the 2nd that will end up being 5 mill per year linemen down the road. DEEP OL Draft esp at Guard.

I will say I would love to see Buffalo trade the 2nd rounder next year and moulds to Denver for their top 1st round pick this year and take Mangold at Center.

patmoran2006
03-16-2006, 12:50 PM
There you go with those "trade Moulds" theories again.

Maybe I"m a "baby" Ice.. but if thats the case then you are a ******.. Why would ANY team TRADE for Moulds.. AND have to deal with his contract When everyone in the league knows Eric Moulds is going to get cut eventually? "Moulds to Denver." "mOulds for Walker".. get real.

IF PHilly couldnt get a 7th rounder for TO what's Buffalo going to get for Moulds?

patmoran2006
03-16-2006, 12:52 PM
And Winston and Justice would be good tackle prospects, but not at eight.. NOt just because of value but because what you would have to pay a tackle at that spot, who's name is NOT Brick.

I"ve been watching a lot of mocks, most of the credible ones.. I've seen Ngata falling on a lot of them and bunkley rising.. Which of course means nothing when its still March.

I personally would rather see Bunkley a bill, imo

Devin
03-16-2006, 12:56 PM
thats what Im saying, whether its Ngata/Bunk i dont care I think both will be exceptional prospects. Ngata is a good guy, high character....im not saying Bunk isnt.....I just havent followed him.

As far as OL, ICE is right there. This is the best draft in years, I think anyone we get in the 2nd will make a diff.

mysticsoto
03-16-2006, 12:57 PM
D, Everyone of the 'experts' say there will be OLinmen there when we pick 8th in the 2nd that will end up being 5 mill per year linemen down the road. DEEP OL Draft esp at Guard.

I will say I would love to see Buffalo trade the 2nd rounder next year and moulds to Denver for their top 1st round pick this year and take Mangold at Center.

I, personally, wouldn't mind that trade at all. But would Denver have cap space to accomodate Moulds' cost?

We'd probably be smart, afterward, to draft a WR then with our 2nd rounder (unless we get one in FA soon). Hagan? Nance? Stovall? Avant? Not sure which one I'd choose...maybe Nance. He's not too slow and has alot of height...although seems like a waste to pick one of these that high in the 2nd rd. We could probably get them at mid 2nd rd with no problem...

ICE74129
03-16-2006, 12:57 PM
There you go with those "trade Moulds" theories again.

Maybe I"m a "baby" Ice.. but if thats the case then you are a ******.. Why would ANY team TRADE for Moulds.. AND have to deal with his contract When everyone in the league knows Eric Moulds is going to get cut eventually? "Moulds to Denver." "mOulds for Walker".. get real.

IF PHilly couldnt get a 7th rounder for TO what's Buffalo going to get for Moulds?

Midol pattie, it isn't that expensive.

McClane
03-16-2006, 01:02 PM
Nothing is a lock for the Bills in the draft. I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least a little stunned by the Bill's first pick.
You were a little stunned at the Mike Williams pick? Thats the only 1 in recent memory I wasn't...

patmoran2006
03-16-2006, 01:03 PM
Denver doesnt even have the cap space to sign a pair of first rounders thats why they're trying to trade for 2007 picks..

and if I dont see upgrades over Bennie and Gandy on the line by the end of the week I will piss EVERYONE off and start writing "Letting Donahoe go was a mistake" columns.. You will all LOVE that!

ICE74129
03-16-2006, 01:04 PM
I, personally, wouldn't mind that trade at all. But would Denver have cap space to accomodate Moulds' cost?

We'd probably be smart, afterward, to draft a WR then with our 2nd rounder (unless we get one in FA soon). Hagan? Nance? Stovall? Avant? Not sure which one I'd choose...maybe Nance. He's not too slow and has alot of height...although seems like a waste to pick one of these that high in the 2nd rd. We could probably get them at mid 2nd rd with no problem...

Moulds contract is an immediate 6.089 mill cap hit. THAT'S ALL. any team will knock 2 mill off of this year and next years base pay, add a 3rd year and move on.

patmoran2006
03-16-2006, 01:07 PM
Moulds isnt getting traded, especially to Denver.. period

At any rate.. I am not anti-Ngata either.. Him or Bunkley would be great on the line..

Provided, we get either Fabini or Runyan at tackle over that CFL'er Gandy and Neal or Wells at guard over Bennie (No explanation necessary) Anderson.

ICE74129
03-16-2006, 01:13 PM
Denver doesnt even have the cap space to sign a pair of first rounders thats why they're trying to trade for 2007 picks..

and if I dont see upgrades over Bennie and Gandy on the line by the end of the week I will piss EVERYONE off and start writing "Letting Donahoe go was a mistake" columns.. You will all LOVE that!

Yeah go out and make us Bills fans look bad some more, thanks.

EDS
03-16-2006, 01:30 PM

No one reads your "columns," so please go ahead and vent away in them.

Devin
03-16-2006, 01:39 PM
now now no need to be mean!

Iehoshua
03-16-2006, 01:43 PM
You will lose all credibility if you write a column like that...

You could say we're no better off, but to say letting Donahoe go was a mistake is an ignorant statement.

EDS
03-16-2006, 01:44 PM
now now no need to be mean!

I apologize. But incessant whineing drives me bonkers. Now, if the team screws up the 2006 draft, which I think is a very important one for the Bills organization, then whine away. Until that time, the games have not been played, the grass is green and the glass is half full.