• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mysticsoto
    Too sober for this...
    • Apr 2004

According to sports at yahoo.com

8. Buffalo Bills – Haloti Ngata, DT, Oregon. Larry Tripplett was a nice pickup in free agency, but he'll need to work next to a rock to be most effective. Ngata fits the bill perfectly as the replacement for Sam Adams. This might be the most absolute lock among the top-10 picks.

They might be right. With not many DTs left worth anything, it just might become our 1st draft pick - and rather than Bunkley, they may choose a big guy in hopes of him being the next Ted Washington...
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: According to sports at yahoo.com

Nothing is a lock for the Bills in the draft. I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least a little stunned by the Bill's first pick.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

Bunkley fits a "fly to the ball" defense better than Ngata

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Devin
        The Octagon
        • Apr 2003

Ngata isnt a bad pick, id be happy with him.
        http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• ICE74129
          Legendary Zoner
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Devin
          Ngata isnt a bad pick, id be happy with him.
          After watching him I agree completely.

Comment

• Devin
            The Octagon
            • Apr 2003

Honestly if we address the DL with Ngata/Hali/Bunk...etc id be happy.

The only pick for OL worth top 10 pick is Brick, Erik Winston would be next imo but not at 8.

Comment

• ICE74129
              Legendary Zoner
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Devin
              Honestly if we address the DL with Ngata/Hali/Bunk...etc id be happy.

The only pick for OL worth top 10 pick is Brick, Erik Winston would be next imo but not at 8.
              D, Everyone of the 'experts' say there will be OLinmen there when we pick 8th in the 2nd that will end up being 5 mill per year linemen down the road. DEEP OL Draft esp at Guard.

I will say I would love to see Buffalo trade the 2nd rounder next year and moulds to Denver for their top 1st round pick this year and take Mangold at Center.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                • Dec 2005

There you go with those "trade Moulds" theories again.

Maybe I"m a "baby" Ice.. but if thats the case then you are a ******.. Why would ANY team TRADE for Moulds.. AND have to deal with his contract When everyone in the league knows Eric Moulds is going to get cut eventually? "Moulds to Denver." "mOulds for Walker".. get real.

IF PHilly couldnt get a 7th rounder for TO what's Buffalo going to get for Moulds?

Comment

• patmoran2006
                  Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                  • Dec 2005

And Winston and Justice would be good tackle prospects, but not at eight.. NOt just because of value but because what you would have to pay a tackle at that spot, who's name is NOT Brick.

I"ve been watching a lot of mocks, most of the credible ones.. I've seen Ngata falling on a lot of them and bunkley rising.. Which of course means nothing when its still March.

I personally would rather see Bunkley a bill, imo

Comment

• Devin
                    The Octagon
                    • Apr 2003

thats what Im saying, whether its Ngata/Bunk i dont care I think both will be exceptional prospects. Ngata is a good guy, high character....im not saying Bunk isnt.....I just havent followed him.

As far as OL, ICE is right there. This is the best draft in years, I think anyone we get in the 2nd will make a diff.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                      Too sober for this...
                      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ICE74129
                      D, Everyone of the 'experts' say there will be OLinmen there when we pick 8th in the 2nd that will end up being 5 mill per year linemen down the road. DEEP OL Draft esp at Guard.

I will say I would love to see Buffalo trade the 2nd rounder next year and moulds to Denver for their top 1st round pick this year and take Mangold at Center.
                      I, personally, wouldn't mind that trade at all. But would Denver have cap space to accomodate Moulds' cost?

We'd probably be smart, afterward, to draft a WR then with our 2nd rounder (unless we get one in FA soon). Hagan? Nance? Stovall? Avant? Not sure which one I'd choose...maybe Nance. He's not too slow and has alot of height...although seems like a waste to pick one of these that high in the 2nd rd. We could probably get them at mid 2nd rd with no problem...

Comment

• ICE74129
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                        There you go with those "trade Moulds" theories again.

Maybe I"m a "baby" Ice.. but if thats the case then you are a ******.. Why would ANY team TRADE for Moulds.. AND have to deal with his contract When everyone in the league knows Eric Moulds is going to get cut eventually? "Moulds to Denver." "mOulds for Walker".. get real.

IF PHilly couldnt get a 7th rounder for TO what's Buffalo going to get for Moulds?
                        Midol pattie, it isn't that expensive.

Comment

• McClane
                          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by YardRat
                          Nothing is a lock for the Bills in the draft. I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least a little stunned by the Bill's first pick.
                          You were a little stunned at the Mike Williams pick? Thats the only 1 in recent memory I wasn't...

Comment

• patmoran2006
                            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                            • Dec 2005

Denver doesnt even have the cap space to sign a pair of first rounders thats why they're trying to trade for 2007 picks..

and if I dont see upgrades over Bennie and Gandy on the line by the end of the week I will piss EVERYONE off and start writing "Letting Donahoe go was a mistake" columns.. You will all LOVE that!

Comment

• ICE74129
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by mysticsoto
                              I, personally, wouldn't mind that trade at all. But would Denver have cap space to accomodate Moulds' cost?

We'd probably be smart, afterward, to draft a WR then with our 2nd rounder (unless we get one in FA soon). Hagan? Nance? Stovall? Avant? Not sure which one I'd choose...maybe Nance. He's not too slow and has alot of height...although seems like a waste to pick one of these that high in the 2nd rd. We could probably get them at mid 2nd rd with no problem...
                              Moulds contract is an immediate 6.089 mill cap hit. THAT'S ALL. any team will knock 2 mill off of this year and next years base pay, add a 3rd year and move on.

Comment

Working...
                              X