PDA

View Full Version : Leinart at #8????????

tat2dmike77
03-16-2006, 01:45 PM
I can't remember where i read this but it was interesting to read. It was along the lines of something simple let me run through it as best as i can.

Houston- They seem to be happy with Carr for now atleast and they have other holes to fill then the QB position.

NO-With the signing of brees they don't need a QB anymore

NYJ-They seem to itching to trade up to get bush could happen who knows about this one.

GB&SF-They drafted thier "future" last year in smith and rodgers so they don't need a upgrade either.

Tenn-They still have McNair and while he is ageing quickley they have Volek behind him who can play.

Oak-They are looking to find a replacement for Collins but the kid from Vandy might be a better fit. Also Vince young is a strong suitor for the oak job as well. Besides i would highly doubt oak would pass on hawk if he was still available at thier pick.

So that leaves Leinart at on the board for the bills. This org seems hell bent on getting players from the TD era out of here that are not living up to the billing he sold everyone on. If i was marv i would say pick him up. If marv and DJ truely feel that JP is not the QB for this team then fine let him go and pick up leinart.

Now this is all speculation of course but makes for good conversation. So discuss.

Mudflap1
03-16-2006, 01:49 PM
No way Tennessee passes on him. Also, NO is dangling their pick, so he could go there. That being said, if he's there at #8, you take him, no questions asked.

Jon

ICE74129
03-16-2006, 01:49 PM
No. I don't care what QB is there, lines, lines and more lines

tat2dmike77
03-16-2006, 01:53 PM
No. I don't care what QB is there, lines, lines and more lines

Good point ICE but and i'm play devils advocate here of course. But what if leinart comes in to a team that picks after the bills and just lights it up then how many of us will be saying "We could of had him"

I know what your saying the team needs help at lines but just playing devils advocate here as well.

ICE74129
03-16-2006, 01:57 PM
Good point ICE but and i'm play devils advocate here of course. But what if leinart comes in to a team that picks after the bills and just lights it up then how many of us will be saying "We could of had him"

I know what your saying the team needs help at lines but just playing devils advocate here as well.

I think we trade for a guy (Harrington) or we draft one (Broyle) in the 3rd round or so.

Mudflap1
03-16-2006, 01:58 PM
Harrington or Leinart? Are you serious?

Jon

mysticsoto
03-16-2006, 01:58 PM

There would be many teams willing to trade up for him. If somehow (since you're playing devil's advocate) he did last to #8 (extremely unlikely) it would be in our best interest to trade down with numerous other teams that would be knocking our door down - begging for a trade...And we'd make that trade be a lucrative one!!!

ICE74129
03-16-2006, 02:00 PM
There would be many teams willing to trade up for him. If somehow (since you're playing devil's advocate) he did last to #8 (extremely unlikely) it would be in our best interest to trade down with numerous other teams that would be knocking our door down - begging for a trade...And we'd make that trade be a lucrative one!!!

Now that would be 100% correct AND we can grab thier 2nd rounder this year no problem.

ICE74129
03-16-2006, 02:01 PM
Harrington or Leinart? Are you serious?

Jon

Yes.

tat2dmike77
03-16-2006, 02:04 PM
But if he is available at #8 what is a fair trade from a team wanting him?

If he is there the bills have the ball in thier court so what would you consider a fair trade?

Me personally i say just take the man if he is there. Fock a trade

kgun12
03-16-2006, 02:19 PM
But if he is available at #8 what is a fair trade from a team wanting him?

If he is there the bills have the ball in thier court so what would you consider a fair trade?

Me personally i say just take the man if he is there. Fock a trade

Look at what we gave up to get to JP. Teams needing a QB will be willing to give up more at #8 for Leinart than we had to give up for JP at what was it #22? I would love for him to be there, he won't be, but what a great situation if he is. BTW YES I trade the pick, no question!

kgun12
03-16-2006, 02:20 PM

Great post!

Pride
03-16-2006, 02:26 PM
I say take Leinhart then trade him away for a lower #1, Next years #1, and this years #2!

tat2dmike77
03-16-2006, 02:29 PM
I say take Leinhart then trade him away for a lower #1, Next years #1, and this years #2!

I could deal with that

Uncle Jesse
03-16-2006, 02:30 PM
Theres no way he would be there, I can't believe people think he would be.

patmoran2006
03-16-2006, 02:33 PM
Harrington is a bum... no other way around it.
and Leinart will not last til 8.. Marv would run the card up there himself if he was, but he won't be.

Billsouth
03-16-2006, 03:13 PM
this entire debate about whether we draft leinart is a waste of time. he is not going to be there. we might as well debate whether we would draft reggie bush if he were available at #8 in light of willis.

lets focus on something more relevant like do we take vernon or vince young if either r available because one if not both will be.

FinsAreLife
03-16-2006, 03:39 PM
no way it will happen, maybe vince young will drop to 8 but i dont even think he will drop that low, both of them are too good to pass up

tat2dmike77
03-16-2006, 07:50 PM
This was all just a scenerio not a could happen hell theres so much doom and gloom lately i thought i would try to spicen things up a bit