PDA

View Full Version : Newly Revised Three Round Mocker

patmoran2006
03-16-2006, 02:35 PM
REVISED Mock Draft (Three Rounder) 3/16 • Bullets & Bits (http://blogs.foxsports.com/patmoran2006/2006/03/16/REVISED_Mock_Draft_Three_Rounder)

gr8slayer
03-16-2006, 02:40 PM
I like it.

ICE74129
03-16-2006, 02:40 PM
So we are going to bypass at least two starting calibre linemen in Scott and Joseph to take Bing a Safety? You need to take a break.

ICE74129
03-16-2006, 02:41 PM
I like it. both of you crack me up. You rip Marv to shreads 'what about the lines waaaaah what about the lines' then you are ok with taking a safety over Davin Joseph who will start for someone at Guard this year and scott who might do the same at tackle?

Make up your minds.

BuffaloBlakely14
03-16-2006, 02:42 PM
Pat for the Denver pick its Mike Shannahan...just in case you want to edit that...

ICE74129
03-16-2006, 02:44 PM
LMAO! Nah we just call Mike's friends call him 'Bill' :roflmao:

patmoran2006
We're going to get an offensive tackle this week.. I will pass on Scott or any Texas tackles for the next 20 years, but thanks anyway.

And I have Buffalo taking a guard, a "cornell" guy in round three.

above anything else, I MOST CERTAINLY hope and EXPECT marv Levy to address the offensive line with a few good VETERANS before the draft.. NOT with 2 rookies on a line that is currently cack ca.

Devin
Not bad \, especially if we bring an OLman or two in FA.

Bing/Bunk would be two very nice additions to the team.

BuffaloBlakely14
03-16-2006, 02:45 PM
I think that we need to address the O and D line with 3 out of our 4 first round picks, maybe all four...the other positions we go with what we have or what we can get in FA for this next year...if we dont have it this year we address those positions next year...that is how we have to start looking at things unfortunately.

We have to fix the lines though, they will make the other positions better.

I think Bunkely first.

Best Olinemen in the 2nd and 3rd and maybe even the second third.

With the second third we could go S or WR though...or maybe even LB.

ICE74129
03-16-2006, 02:46 PM
We're going to get an offensive tackle this week.. I will pass on Scott or any Texas tackles for the next 20 years, but thanks anyway.

And I have Buffalo taking a guard, a "cornell" guy in round three.

above anything else, I MOST CERTAINLY hope and EXPECT marv Levy to address the offensive line with a few good VETERANS before the draft.. NOT with 2 rookies on a line that is currently cack ca.

I don't know 'Bill' Likes rookies out in Denver. I bet Marv does too at Guard. In fact I remember us spending something like the 14th pick I think on a Guard once? Let alone the 8th pick in the 2nd round.

ICE74129
03-16-2006, 02:47 PM
I think that we need to address the O and D line with 3 out of our 4 first round picks, maybe all four...the other positions we go with what we have or what we can get in FA for this next year...if we dont have it this year we address those positions next year...that is how we have to start looking at things unfortunately.

We have to fix the lines though, they will make the other positions better.

I think Bunkely first.

Best Olinemen in the 2nd and 3rd and maybe even the second third.

With the second third we could go S or WR though...or maybe even LB.
See....BB14 gets it. Hell New England started a 2nd round pick at center the last time they went to a superbowl I think? I guess that would be another 'Bill' that likes to use his 2nd rounders on OLMen and start them.

patmoran2006
03-16-2006, 02:48 PM
Bing is a very good safety.. And assuming Marv actually makes a fa move on the line before hand, Bing is even BETTER..

Oh wait though, Rashad Baker is Ronnie Lott according to Ice.. Better take Bing or any safety off my board.. My bad.
2 of the 4 picks I got our linemen.

patmoran2006
03-16-2006, 02:50 PM
Ice..

are you EVER going to stop comparing NE to Buffalo? I see 0% simlarities to either team.

and Dork, didnt we just draft a center last year?? Or do we scratch him after a season? Oh but according to you , you can't do that with Losman.

L.A. Playa
03-16-2006, 02:51 PM
I have USC expertise, better hope Bing hasa bad pro day and falls to Buffalo, he is the next Ronnie Lott he is way better than any S in the draft, he is an athlete and a football player there is a big difference between the two and he is both

ICE74129
03-16-2006, 02:52 PM
Ice..

are you EVER going to stop comparing NE to Buffalo? I see 0% simlarities to either team.

and Dork, didnt we just draft a center last year?? Or do we scratch him after a season? Oh but according to you , you can't do that with Losman.

Davin Joseph will play guard in the NFL.

ICE74129
03-16-2006, 02:55 PM
Bing is a very good safety.. And assuming Marv actually makes a fa move on the line before hand, Bing is even BETTER..

Oh wait though, Rashad Baker is Ronnie Lott according to Ice.. Better take Bing or any safety off my board.. My bad.
2 of the 4 picks I got our linemen.

Show me where I have ever said Baker is ronnie lott. I am suprised you have working ACL's with all of your knee jerk reactions. Baker can play well in the cover 2. Is he our starting safety opposite vincent on opening day? Don't know. I just know he is a cover 2 type safety.

And I agree with brother whiteness Playa that Bing is going to be a damn good safety. IF Lines are addressed then I don't have an issue. But you have said the draft mock is based on recent FA moves. That means we haven't addressed the lines yet.

patmoran2006
03-16-2006, 03:00 PM
Honestly, I'm done commenting on anything you say Ice, because I am seriously starting to think you are mentally challenged.

You chat it up on the board in excitement over Bowen and DEvries coming in, you suggest and actually put into writing that we should trade Moulds like Den will forfeit a 1st for him or GB with Jevon Walker.

And then you top it off by even hinting that Joey Harrington would be a good fit for Buffalo.

Bing is second on my mock draft for three reasons
1) He is a stud
2) He's slipping on some boards because more teams need corners.
3) Its a F'N MOCK draft.. I expect Marv to address guard before the draft.. Did we not just have Wells in for a visit? I'm pretty sure he wasn't in Buffalo to visit family.. Assuming we dont get Wells , Levy will pick someone else.

As for a tackle in the second round.. If Marv Levy is serious about rebuilding the offensive line he wont be doing it by starting any rookies, second round rookies on top of that, at Left or Right tackle.

Coming from a person who thinks Harrington should be in town, or that culpepper won't help Miami.. Just shows you're a true mental midget when it comes to football. I"m done commenting on anything you say.

ICE74129
03-16-2006, 03:01 PM
Honestly, I'm done commenting on anything you say Ice, because I am seriously starting to think you are mentally challenged.

You chat it up on the board in excitement over Bowen and DEvries coming in, you suggest and actually put into writing that we should trade Moulds like Den will forfeit a 1st for him or GB with Jevon Walker.

And then you top it off by even hinting that Joey Harrington would be a good fit for Buffalo.

Bing is second on my mock draft for three reasons
1) He is a stud
2) He's slipping on some boards because more teams need corners.
3) Its a F'N MOCK draft.. I expect Marv to address guard before the draft.. Did we not just have Wells in for a visit? I'm pretty sure he wasn't in Buffalo to visit family.. Assuming we dont get Wells , Levy will pick someone else.

As for a tackle in the second round.. If Marv Levy is serious about rebuilding the offensive line he wont be doing it by starting any rookies, second round rookies on top of that, at Left or Right tackle.

Coming from a person who thinks Harrington should be in town, or that culpepper won't help Miami.. Just shows you're a true mental midget when it comes to football. I"m done commenting on anything you say.

LMAO ok Pattie. Midol is on sale you know.

Bmax
03-16-2006, 03:04 PM
The new system the bills will run calls for a nt- dt to play over the center and a ut- under tackle to pentrate the backfield...While bunley can handle the position .. he may be better siuted for the ut position.While ngata is pefect for the nt- spot..

People may have their a dislike for the guy .. but in the new system they want to use he is a pefrect fit for perry and dick jauron.

Bmax

patmoran2006
03-16-2006, 03:05 PM
Bunkley and Bing become IMMEDIATE starters from day one.

Mike Haas is a very underrated receievers. He doesnt have the blazing speed, but this kid catches everything.. reminds me of a Joe Jurevicious, he'd compete right away.

Depending on what happens with guards VIA FA, Boothe is definitely a potential starter at guard in the third round. If not, He'd be a solid backup

That sounds like a successful draft to me.

Bmax
03-16-2006, 03:06 PM
i like bing but what is his 40 time ?.......if he runs a 4.5 or better then i'm all in...if not well maybe we should wait to rd 3...

Bmax

patmoran2006
03-16-2006, 03:07 PM
BUnkely isnt as small as you think.. He's getting bigger and what pounds he loses in weight he makes up for with speed AND aggressiveness.

I'm not dising Ngata, but tell me your pick of Ngata wouldnt come based on what a scale says

mysticsoto
So we are going to bypass at least two starting calibre linemen in Scott and Joseph to take Bing a Safety? You need to take a break.

Agreed. Bing would not be a good pick for us in #2 considering we have a gaping hole at LG.

I'd accept the 1st rd pick. But the rest...well, I'd prefer the following:

1. Bunkley (DT)
2. Davin Joseph (G)
3a. Hank Basset (WR) - tall target
3b. Omar Jacobs (QB) - if the coaches aren't comfortable with JP and the QB position. Otherwise one of the following:
i) A top safety...Bernard Pollard? (you have a large amount of the good ones gone...I think you are a little Safety happy in your choices - especially in the second rd. I doubt 8 safeties go in rds 1-2 like you have it.
ii) Alan Zemaitas (CB) - replacement for Nate next year? Excels in cover 2.
iii) Gerris Wilkerson (ILB) - Fletcher's replacement? Can play both ILB/OLB! Could become insurance in case TKO isn't ready...

ICE74129
Bunkley and Bing become IMMEDIATE starters from day one.

Mike Haas is a very underrated receievers. He doesnt have the blazing speed, but this kid catches everything.. reminds me of a Joe Jurevicious, he'd compete right away.

Depending on what happens with guards VIA FA, Boothe is definitely a potential starter at guard in the third round. If not, He'd be a solid backup

That sounds like a successful draft to me.

Joseph is an immediate starter at Guard as well.

mysticsoto
03-16-2006, 03:14 PM
Joseph is an immediate starter at Guard as well.
Much to my surprise, I'm agreeing with ICE again. :D:

Pat, even if Levy intends to address the Oline more if we don't get Wells...look at who's available...I think Joseph is a must pick in Rd 2 even if we got someone else in FA - and Joseph would probably beat them out of the position...

The safeties in this draft are many. If you don't grab a top Guard, you will be left with the Jermans of the draft. We can't have a bad line again. We MUST improve the lines!!! It is PRIORITY #1!!!

patmoran2006
03-16-2006, 03:19 PM

Pat, even if Levy intends to address the Oline more if we don't get Wells...look at who's available...I think Joseph is a must pick in Rd 2 even if we got someone else in FA - and Joseph would probably beat them out of the position...

The safeties in this draft are many. If you don't grab a top Guard, you will be left with the Jermans of the draft. We can't have a bad line again. We MUST improve the lines!!! It is PRIORITY #1!!!

I agree with you 1000000% percent on this.. and If I trust Marv to do ONE thing right, that is to take care of 40% of the 2005 Offensive line betweeen now and April 29th.

I expect Fabini to be our next LT and either Wells or someone like Neal to be our next LG. I dont want a rookie starting on the line in 2006, ESPECIALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY if Preston is starting at center and Losman is the QB.

You want a rookie LG and virtually a rookie starting C? I don't. sign all the cheap and young guys you want all over the board.. Just DONT do that when it comes to the offensive line.

ICE74129
03-16-2006, 03:23 PM
I agree with you 1000000% percent on this.. and If I trust Marv to do ONE thing right, that is to take care of 40% of the 2005 Offensive line betweeen now and April 29th.

I expect Fabini to be our next LT and either Wells or someone like Neal to be our next LG. I dont want a rookie starting on the line in 2006, ESPECIALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY if Preston is starting at center and Losman is the QB.

You want a rookie LG and virtually a rookie starting C? I don't. sign all the cheap and young guys you want all over the board.. Just DONT do that when it comes to the offensive line.

Marv did it in 95. picked and started Ruben Brown at LG. Yes I would pick and start Davin Joseph if the OL hasn't been solidified at LG by the draft. Guess what? I DRAFT HIM ANYWAY. Why? To replace Villarial in 07.

ICE74129
03-16-2006, 03:23 PM
And again NE drafted and started a 2nd round rookie center and went to the superbowl.

ICE74129
03-16-2006, 03:24 PM

And Mr Soto nails another one! Lines lines and more lines. Baker can hold down the other safety spot this year if need be. Lines.

ICE74129
03-16-2006, 03:25 PM
I agree with you 1000000% percent on this..

Which means you agree with me. I knew you would start to smarten up sometime. I guess the midol is kicking in

patmoran2006
03-16-2006, 03:33 PM
1- Unlike you, I DO EXPECT the OL to get solidified at least partially before the draft.

For starters, I'd give up a third yesterday, today and tommorow for Jeff Faine.. Jeff Faine is not the starter anymore in Cleveland, but not because he's no good.. He's no longer the starter anymore because the Browns had a pile of cash and signed the VERY BEST center in the NFL thats why..

At the very top of my mock, I made it clear I had a "hunch" there would be trades.. Whether its trading down from number 8 , or trading for one of Denver's first rounders for future picks.. Buffalo is going to have a couple of extra picks. I would take CHARLES SPENCER with an extra pick before I'd take Joseph anyway.. Spencer is a monster and many have him ahead of any tackle or center in the draft.

* there is no way marv goes into 2006 with gandy and peters at tackle again.. Peters stay and a FA like Fabini is brought in.. Gandy is depth on the bench, end of story.

patmoran2006
03-16-2006, 03:34 PM
And I understand your thinking..

Why would we want to do something STUPID like take a stud safety like Bing... When we already have an unproven Baker and an aging Vincent back there.

Bmax
03-16-2006, 03:42 PM
1.Ngata
2.Whitworth-LSU-OT
3a.Danieal Manning CB-FS-
3b.Rob Simms-OG-Ohio st
4.Anthony Smith-syracuse-FS-SS

BMAX

patmoran2006
03-16-2006, 03:44 PM
Bmax:
those are good sleeper picks.. Sims is a very underated guard.

Bmax
03-16-2006, 03:57 PM
THAT'S MY FIRST SINCE THE COMBINE ..I will make a new one first week of april..

Then a final one the week of the draft

Bmax

I love spencer but i think he will be gone in late rd 1 or early rd 2...

ps

i stiil plan on attending the draft this year looking for advice on how early i should get in line...

BuffaloBlakely14
03-16-2006, 03:58 PM
1.Ngata
2.Whitworth-LSU-OT
3a.Danieal Manning CB-FS-
3b.Rob Simms-OG-Ohio st
4.Anthony Smith-syracuse-FS-SS

BMAX

I must admit I havent seen Anthony Smith play but I have definitely heard some things about him beign a really good choice for the Bills ...

patmoran2006
03-16-2006, 04:05 PM
I've seen him.. He'd definitely be a steal as an early second day draft pick.. WE're going to have to do a lot with this draft.. Because it doesn't appear we're destined to do much with FA.. At least before the draft.

There is always jUne 1 cuts too though.

gr8slayer
03-16-2006, 04:14 PM
both of you crack me up. You rip Marv to shreads 'what about the lines waaaaah what about the lines' then you are ok with taking a safety over Davin Joseph who will start for someone at Guard this year and scott who might do the same at tackle?

Make up your minds.
According to you and your dream world Marv has a "master plan." I would hope that bringing in FA OL is part of that master plan. Safety is a huge need on our team, Wire is not a Cover 2 Safety.

gr8slayer
03-16-2006, 04:14 PM
Which means you agree with me. I knew you would start to smarten up sometime. I guess the midol is kicking in
Get over yourself, your posts are just as worthless as the worst posters on the board.

Devin
03-16-2006, 04:15 PM
1. Ngata/Bunk/Huff (dont care which would be happy with either)
2. ANY OL
3. S/OL

Devin
03-16-2006, 04:17 PM
short and sweet lol. Although that being said I wouldnt be dissapointed with Bing.

I guess moreso im saying as long as they draft smart and fill some kind of need id be happy.

patmoran2006
03-16-2006, 04:24 PM
I would like our OL to be taken care of by draft day, especially if we have a young kid Losman as QB.. It's the ONLY thing I think Marv needs to address now.. WE already have plenty of youth on the line with Peters and Preston, I dont want rookies starting with Losman as my QB.

T: Peters and either Runyan/Fabini.. It REALLY IS that simple
G: Villariall (ugghh) and Wells or Stephen Neal.
C: Preston or trade for Faine..

Thats ALL Im asking for in FA.. A veteran starting tackle and a veteran starting guard.. Is that so unrealistic? Fabini, Neal and Faine.. thats SOLID and your not killing your cap either.. How much would Fabini, Faine and Neal cost on the cap? I'd bet under $8 million in 2006. Even if they costed more
a) We got the cap room and thats BEFORE we cut Moulds
b) there is NOTHING more important than a good OL.

And you'd have plenty of good depth in Gandy and Preston. and even Jerman.

Then you get your DT with your first pick and start taking the BEST players on the board to fill other holes.. S and WR being the two big ones..