PDA

View Full Version : So, this goes out to all the whiners

X-Era
03-16-2006, 04:51 PM
Lets see:

FA is now 5 days old.

We have signed 3 players so far.

Yet we still have people about to slit their own throats because we arent doing jack.

OK, so, 3/5 = .6 Free agents per day.

We MUST sign more than .6 free agents per day.

So, FA started on Mar 12th. If we sign 1 FA per day to keep our posters happy, we have a total of 20 weeks and 6 days to sign player before the start of the season. That would be we would have signed 146 players, plus 8 in 2 days of the draft.

So,to keep the fans here happy, we will have signed a total of 154 players, effectively cutting our entire team to keep signing players a total of 154/53 or 2.90 times.

I used 53 considering thats the final roster size.

I suggest you guys take your complaints about our "inactiveness" in free agency to Paul Tagliubue and ask him to extend the practice squad from 5 players to 101.

That way we can keep all the players we signed to keep all of you happy.

Get a grip, please

Mudflap1
03-16-2006, 04:54 PM
Stop it. Please. I for one am frustrated, but totally agree that it's way too early in free agency to throw in the towel.

That being said, this franchise has a track record, and that track record sucks. Until they start to reverse the trend, then how can you blame anybody for expecting the same fate we've endured the last several seasons? Yeah, yeah, I know, Marv's here now. Things will be different. We have to give him a chance. We have to give Jauron a chance. We're rebuilding. If Jauron fails, we have to give Marv another chance to pick a coach. Then we have to rebuild again...

The point is, I'm frustrated, but I'm also being patient. However, it would be nice to say at the end of this offseason that Marv, Jauron, and co. "proved all the naysayers wrong." Wouldn't it be nice to associate a comment like that with Buffalo for once?

Jon

Bill Brasky
03-16-2006, 04:59 PM
i don't think anyone here expects the bills to sign 1 player per day. but at least sign SOMEBODY with some ******* talent. somebody worthy of starting on this team other than Triplett.

FA has been going for 5 days and almost every team has signed at least 1 or 2 "need" players. The Bills? ... so far they've signed an average DT to replace an average DT, a TE that probably won't win the starting job, and a WR who will be 3rd on the depth chart at best.

Not exactly great signings considering they released starters in Milloy, Adams, Williams and Moulds wants out as well. Release 3 starters and replace with 1 that is average at best. Any idiot can see the writing on the wall here.

Williams didn't pan out, but at this point it was useless to cut him. They wanted to save money, but they aren't going to use that money to replace him? Who's gonna replace Milloy? Coy Wire? PLEASE.

This team was beyond repair, now it's beyond repair for at least 2 seasons. No matter how good they draft there's no way they can fill all the holes to stop the leak that's sinking this ship!

Dicknoze69
03-16-2006, 05:03 PM
Stop it. Please. I for one am frustrated, but totally agree that it's way too early in free agency to throw in the towel.

That being said, this franchise has a track record, and that track record sucks. Until they start to reverse the trend, then how can you blame anybody for expecting the same fate we've endured the last several seasons? Yeah, yeah, I know, Marv's here now. Things will be different. We have to give him a chance. We have to give Jauron a chance. We're rebuilding. If Jauron fails, we have to give Marv another chance to pick a coach. Then we have to rebuild again...

The point is, I'm frustrated, but I'm also being patient. However, it would be nice to say at the end of this offseason that Marv, Jauron, and co. "proved all the naysayers wrong." Wouldn't it be nice to associate a comment like that with Buffalo for once?

Jon

Well said.

patmoran2006
03-16-2006, 05:13 PM
Freeman:
I dont WANT to agree with you, but I DO agree with you.

This organization is quickly becoming an embarrasement around the league.. I defend the Bills everywhere I go.. I spend a lot of my free time on OTHER team message boards and chat rooms and I'm telling you.. We are being LAUGHED at something fierce.

First it starts about us being called "Arizona East." THen its the 5-11 record.. Then its the quarterback.. Then its the senile owner who some think cant even spell his name anymore.. Then its Marv as GM.. on and on..

I soo looked forward to making an impact and shutting some of the clowns up.. But so far how could you possibly say the Bills are in better hands than they were last year, when they were pitiful to begin with?

Yes, its still early in FA.. But here's the problem.. A lot of the players who can come to OBD and make an impact are DISSAPPEARING from the board and signing elsewhere.. Sure there are a ton of FA's out there. But how many Nall's, Bowens and Jared DeVries' does this team need? ARe they going to win us games?

And as fans, I know of more than one season ticket holder who isnt happy about trading away their Adams and Milloys jerseys for Royal and Davis.

by no means is all hope lost.. I've thought all along if we go out and get some QUALITY< GRADE A offensive linemen I like our chances.. WE havent done that .. yet.. But at least with Fabini and Wells it appears we are trying..

This is what a friend on a Cleveland Brown message board said to me about the Bills.. a DIRECT quote.
"
I'm thinking that the "good" free agents have no desire to come here and play for an organization that has been pitiful for almost a decade.....an organization with two geriatrics running it, and an owner who "doesn't understand" it.

while I think that's a crock.. that is the general perception around the league and thus far we've done nothing to prove otherwise.

A pro Bowl quality tackle like Fabini will go a long way towards shutting people up.. Until then, I have to tend to agree with them.

I hope the draft brings us a lot.. But you cant count on rookies.. Veterans who are proven you can though, we just don't seem to be landing them.. Well let rephrase that.. "quality is better than quantity"

Bill Brasky
03-16-2006, 05:23 PM
Freeman:
I dont WANT to agree with you, but I DO agree with you.
I think 90% of the people here share the same sentiment! :up:

Hell, I don't like to agree with myself half the time but there is no need to sugar coat ****. This team is going to suck, and suck even worse than last year. Even landing a guy like Fabini won't be enough. And I don't think Runyan is the answer either. This OLine needs every position filled. Preston, Gandy, and Peters aren't going to get the job done.

I was all for releasing Williams, but I assumed they would really go after somebody to replace him. They were all about saving money by his release, but what good is it if the money just sits there and collects dust? It's like taking apart a sink and just leaving all the pieces everywhere on the floor.

Milloy - same situation. It was smart to release him, but come on guys, they let Archuletta and now Hope slide through and sign with other teams? WHO IS GOING TO REPLACE HIM?

You can only have so many draft picks. This team could have 3 first rounders this year and still be behind the curve.

Unfortunately the Bills and WNY go hand in hand. People just sit around and watch things completely fall apart and then try to fix everything when it's too late. :sadwalk:

gr8slayer
03-16-2006, 05:37 PM
Its not about the number of FA we sign its about the quality. We have done nothing to make our team better yet.

ICE74129
03-16-2006, 05:40 PM
[quote=jfreeman]I think 90% of the people here share the same sentiment! :up:

/quote] Which confirms my belief that only 10% of us have a clue.

Bill Brasky
03-16-2006, 05:41 PM
[quote=jfreeman]I think 90% of the people here share the same sentiment! :up:

/quote] Which confirms my belief that only 10% of us have a clue.
:rofl: and you're one of them?? :crazy:

Meathead
03-16-2006, 05:46 PM
http://newtimes-slo.com/archive/2004-06-10/archives/cov_stories_2004/pills_hand_2.jpg

DynaPaul
03-16-2006, 07:49 PM
People on here want us to sign every damn free agent that fits an available roster need. Not all of these free agents fit the bill or give a good bang for the buck. Everyone needs to settle down and realize that we aren't going to turn it all around in one offseason.

The_Philster
03-16-2006, 07:53 PM
People on here want us to sign every damn free agent that fits an available roster need. Not all of these free agents fit the bill or give a good bang for the buck. Everyone needs to settle down and realize that we aren't going to turn it all around in one offseason.
and especially not in the span of a few weeks

tat2dmike77
03-16-2006, 07:57 PM
I think we all need to just get drunk and start beating the crap out of each other. It's obvious some of us are catching cabin fever. So i say tomorrow go out get drunk get laid and get into a fight. Then when you get out jail come back and you will be refreshed.

Bill Brasky
03-16-2006, 08:01 PM
I think we all need to just get drunk and start beating the crap out of each other. It's obvious some of us are catching cabin fever. So i say tomorrow go out get drunk get laid and get into a fight. Then when you get out jail come back and you will be refreshed.
ARRRRRRRRRRRR! :pirate: :punch:

X-Era
03-17-2006, 06:48 AM

Why beat the sh_t out of fellow humans, I have 2 dogs.

LtBillsFan66
03-17-2006, 07:48 AM
Great. We signed 2 no-names and a mediocre DT. Plus we have a proven failure as head coach. Where can I buy super bowl tickets?

gr8slayer
03-17-2006, 07:51 AM
Great. We signed 2 no-names and a mediocre DT. Plus we have a proven failure as head coach. Where can I buy super bowl tickets?
Most people - "You need Midol"

ICE - "Oh no he has a high rep score, I better not mess with him. What can I say that will make him give me possitive rep even though I disagree with him........hmmm.........hmmmm..........hmmm.......... Sorry brain only works so fast.........hmmm.........hmmmm........... I GOT IT!!! Your so totally right billsfanone, I agree with you 100% and have decided that I now want to have one of your children. P.S. Can you give me some more possitive rep sir?"

LtBillsFan66
03-17-2006, 07:57 AM
I haven't whined in years about the team. But I'm seeing it's the SOS year in and year out. I know it's early and I know the draft hasn't happened yet, but as it stands right now, the Bills are a worse team than they were last year.

gr8slayer
03-17-2006, 07:59 AM
I haven't whined in years about the team. But I'm seeing it's the SOS year in and year out. I know it's early and I know the draft hasn't happened yet, but as it stands right now, the Bills are a worse team than they were last year.
Dont worry man. ICE will still agree with you no matter what you say. Rep power apparently goes a long way around here.

don137
03-17-2006, 08:18 AM
Before free agency bad teams took a few years to re-load. In the era of free agency bad teams can become good teams between free agency and the draft. I think some people are upset that there is not enough players left in FA and the draft to fill the holes enough to make the area a strength. As a result, they are concerned we will go another year of missing the playoffs while other teams that were in worse cap shape than the Bills have made much better strides that between free agency and the upcoming draft can fill all there holes enough to make a playoff run.

patmoran2006
03-17-2006, 09:28 AM
Dont worry man. ICE will still agree with you no matter what you say. Rep power apparently goes a long way around here.

Look at my power to give rep.. does it look like I care?

Mitchy moo
03-17-2006, 09:31 AM
Look at my power to give rep.. does it look like I care?

Keep being honest pat, agreeing with everyone for rep is Ice's M.O. I cannot do that or sacrifice how bad things are at 1BD. It's a freaking joke that we are resigning positions we have fairly well covered.

WORK ON THE OL/DL, leave the rest alone right now.