PDA

View Full Version : Some things from the Defensive coaches PC's

ICE74129
03-16-2006, 05:07 PM
Head Coach Dick Jauron took a brief break from meetings and film study Thursday to introduce Buffalo's five new members of the defensive coaching staff.
Defensive Coordinator Perry Fewell, Defensive Backs Coach George Catavolos, Defensive/Special Teams Assistant DeMontie Cross, Defensive Line coach Bills Kollar, and Linebackers Coach Matt Sheldon join Assistant to the Head Coach/Defensive Assistant Chuck Lester to round out the defensive staff.
Here is a brief synopsis of what each coach had to say about their position. more (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3652)

Dicknoze69
03-16-2006, 05:12 PM
I like that they confirmed what I already expected: Baker v. Wire at SS

I fully expect Baker to win that battle.

ICE74129
03-16-2006, 05:31 PM
And Bowen just signed as well

Tatonka
03-16-2006, 05:47 PM
i love it when chicken **** turns into chicken salad.

justasportsfan
03-16-2006, 06:01 PM
I remember when our Dl line was dominated by huge OL when the bills played Dallas in the sb.

Remember, no one ran on us 2 years ago because we had Pat and Sam or when Ted was beside Pat. They aren't lightweights that could be pushed around by big centers and guards.

Our linenackers are gonna be key here and we know Fletcher is a type of lb that can easily be blocked.

justasportsfan
03-16-2006, 06:03 PM
i love it when chicken **** turns into chicken salad. I agree. Our coaches also look young enough to be players. I hope Jauron knows what he's doing. The last thing we need are asst. coaches like we had during Wades and Gregs era.

ICE74129
03-16-2006, 06:34 PM
I remember when our Dl line was dominated by huge OL when the bills played Dallas in the sb.

Remember, no one ran on us 2 years ago because we had Pat and Sam or when Ted was beside Pat. They aren't lightweights that could be pushed around by big centers and guards.

Our linenackers are gonna be key here and we know Fletcher is a type of lb that can easily be blocked.

I remember we played a 3-4 with a weak/Small NT that weighed about 265 or so. What is your point?

The_Philster
03-16-2006, 07:02 PM
ICE, you can't post full articles like that...it's called a copyright violation...only a blurb and a link is allowed per the TOS...please fix it

justasportsfan
03-16-2006, 07:13 PM
I remember we played a 3-4 with a weak/Small NT that weighed about 265 or so. What is your point?My point is, we are in a division with coaches who can win with mediocre players. We all know who BB and Saban are.

We have unproven coaches who we hope can turn this mediocre players that we've hired (so far) into a cohessive unit. I hope Jauron can play chess with these coaches within the division with hardly any stud FA's because if not, we will be battling it out with the jets for the basement and if Mangini lives up to his potential, we'll be the bills of the 70's. Right now we're the only team in this division who hasn't made playoffs in thsi century.

RedEyE
03-16-2006, 07:16 PM
Levy's comments contridict the statement about the size of DTs. I remember two things that Marv has said in past conversations this year:

1) When you have a guy that's 350 lbs standing in the middle of the field, throw in the fact that he's light on his feet, it makes it hard on an offense to work around him. (parphrased of course)

2) The next DT we sign will be much bigger ( after the Larry Tripplet signing)

Also, if you have all 11 guys running to the ball, then you're not necessarily running a cover zone, or your setting yourself up bad for the play action.

ICE74129
03-16-2006, 07:27 PM
ICE, you can't post full articles like that...it's called a copyright violation...only a blurb and a link is allowed per the TOS...please fix it

It has been edited.

The_Philster
03-16-2006, 07:28 PM
It has been edited.
all you did was take off where it came from...still a violation

ICE74129
03-16-2006, 07:46 PM
all you did was take off where it came from...still a violation

No I took out about 3-4 paragraphs, the coaches names, what drew each to Buffalo etc. I also highlighted a few points.

ICE74129
03-16-2006, 07:49 PM
Levy's comments contridict the statement about the size of DTs. I remember two things that Marv has said in past conversations this year:

1) When you have a guy that's 350 lbs standing in the middle of the field, throw in the fact that he's light on his feet, it makes it hard on an offense to work around him. (parphrased of course)

2) The next DT we sign will be much bigger ( after the Larry Tripplet signing)

Also, if you have all 11 guys running to the ball, then you're not necessarily running a cover zone, or your setting yourself up bad for the play action.

Not exactly buddy. He said the next guy would be bigger. How much he didn't say :beers:

The_Philster
03-16-2006, 07:50 PM
No I took out about 3-4 paragraphs, the coaches names, what drew each to Buffalo etc. I also highlighted a few points.
you need to take out a lot more...we can only post a paragraph or 2 and a link to the source
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=12&postcount=1

10. No posting of entire articles/copyrighted material. Posts containing news stories/article segments must also include author’s name, name of the publication or source, and the URL where the story was found.

The_Philster
03-16-2006, 07:56 PM
Head Coach Dick Jauron took a brief break from meetings and film study Thursday to introduce Buffalo's five new members of the defensive coaching staff.
Defensive Coordinator Perry Fewell, Defensive Backs Coach George Catavolos, Defensive/Special Teams Assistant DeMontie Cross, Defensive Line coach Bills Kollar, and Linebackers Coach Matt Sheldon join Assistant to the Head Coach/Defensive Assistant Chuck Lester to round out the defensive staff.
Here is a brief synopsis of what each coach had to say about their position.more (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3652)

ICE74129
03-16-2006, 07:57 PM
Here is a brief synopsis of what each coach had to say about their position.more (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3652)

See phil did it.