• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LtFinFan66
    • Mar 2005

Fins sign DB Renaldo Hill

Dolphins Sign DB Hill...
    Posted on: 2006-03-16

[ESPN] The Dolphins beat out the Browns, the Raiders and the Jets to get the services of versatile defensive back Renaldo Hill.

Hill agreed to a three-year, $6 million contract with the Dolphins that included a $2 million signing bonus. For Hill, the Dolphins signing allows him to be reunited with Nick Saban, who recruited him out of high school to go Michigan State. He started for three years for Saban at Michigan State.

Hill plays cornerback and safety, and he is probably going to help the Dolphins at the safety position. The Raiders used him as a cornerback-safety last year and at time, they used him as a linebacker in a 'Big Nickel' defense. He ended up with 89 tackles.
  • Bling
    • Jul 2004

Re: Fins sign DB Renaldo Hill

Comment

• gr8slayer
      • Feb 2005

Might add some good depth.

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
        • Mar 2004

By looking at his stats, he isn't a ball hawk by far (only 9 career INTs,) but we really need depth in the secondary, especially if he can play both CB and safety, hopefully he can contribute.

On a side note, I guess there's some interesting news on the LB front with the Phins having some more talks with Arrington and they have a Monday visit with Julian Peterson. IMO it'd be great to have either or, but I'm leaning towards Peterson if one had to choose. Of course I'd support either or if they were to sign, but I'm wary of the Postons, and also since Arrington seems get a little scattered over the field. Can't knock his athleticism though. For the life of me, I'm not sure how we'd pay 'em either, lol.
        Last edited by !Papacrunk!; 03-16-2006, 06:51 PM.

Comment

• Gunzlingr
          • Jul 2002

I am pissed that Marv didn't sign him.
          You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

Working...
          X