PDA

View Full Version : Crazy, CRAZY dream.. dang.

patmoran2006
03-16-2006, 07:17 PM
I just woke up from this dream.. DAMN.. It was messed up.. I dreamed I was just at a press conference.. It went exactly like this..

Media: Marv. Did the Bills sign Jason Fabini today?

Marv: No, we've been unable to reach an agreement. He said something to the effect that Mr. Wilson was senile. We don't want those kind of players here. You know the kind; guys who know how to block somebody. We want guys of high character.

Media: Any other news to report?

Marv: Yes. I am very proud to announce we have just signed safety Matt Bowen.

Media: Who???

Marv: Matt Bowen is one of the finest white boy bald-headed cover safeties I've ever seen. And of course he's of very high character.

Media: Umm, ok. So why weren't you able to seal a deal for defensive tackle Ryan Pickett; a guy who could have fit in pefectly to Perry's new defensive scheme?

Marv: Because Ryan had the audacity to expect market value. Forget the fact that he led all NFL defensive nose guards in tackles last year. We're not going to pay market value when it comes to irrelevant things like that. Plus, we have Tim Anderson, and Tim Anderson is a guy of very high character.

Media: You said the offensive line is your top priority when you took over as GM, yet to date not a single move has been made to solidify the line. What is your plan to change that?

Marv: We couldn't sign Wells or Fabini so going out and getting guys who will make a difference isn't an option. It would be, but frankly, nobody who's any good wants to come here <chuckles out loud>

Media: Don't you have a backup plan?

Marv: Yes, I do I'm glad you ask. Wait a minute. Did the Redskins just cut anybody from the offensive line?

(At this point of the press conference Ralph Wilson takes the podium for questions)

Media: Mr. Wilson. You're still in excess of $10 million under the cap. What do you plan on doing to bring someone in who the fans actually care about?

Wilson: Huh? We're under the cap? I thought I voted against that. Wait, the fans are going to love Matt Bowen. He's going to challenge Leonard Smith for a starting safety job.

Media: Leonard Smith hasn't been a Bill for over ten years.

Wilson: Oh.

Marv: Now that guy, had high character!

Media: Anything to report as to when the nonsense will be over and you finally cut Eric Moulds?

Marv: We're still trying to keep Eric. We're only about $8 million apart on a renegotiation to keep him here for this year. Plus, we don't need to cut him right now. We'll wait until we need the money, when we need to open up that vault. Guys of high character like Robert Royal don't come cheap you know.

Media: Marv, any other guys coming in for a visit?

Marv: I'm sure the fans will be excited to know we had a third-string quarterback in from Green Bay, and we also entertained backup defensive end from Detroit, Jarred DeVries.

Media: DeVries makes Ryan Denney look like Julius Peppers.

Marv: Yes, but Julius Peppers is not of high character.

LtFinFan66
03-16-2006, 07:21 PM
:rofl: :lol: I don't care who you are...that right there is funny!!

L.A. Playa
03-16-2006, 07:21 PM
you need to seek professional help if you are really having dreams like that

Devin
03-16-2006, 07:22 PM
Media: DeVries makes Ryan Denney look like Julius Peppers.

:rofl:

Slim
03-16-2006, 07:24 PM
:rofl:... But enough of "the sky is falling" threads.... ITs getting annoying as hell.

patmoran2006
03-16-2006, 07:26 PM
Dude I had to joke around some, to aleviate the anguish of having Jason Fabini come to town and having Matt Bowen leave with a contract..

Hopefully Fabini is next.

Bill Brasky
03-16-2006, 07:29 PM
it's only funny because it's pretty much true.

ICE74129
03-16-2006, 07:29 PM
More hate filled spam.

patmoran2006
03-16-2006, 07:34 PM
Ice.. I not only have a personal interest vested in the Bills, I also have a business interest vested in them. So I can assure you I am not a Bills hater, nor I am rooting for them to lose.. But these moves are getting downright comical.

Lets put it this way, I don't see Rich Eisen firing up Bills-cam tonight on NFL network for Matt Bowen (didn't we already have a matt-stevens)

The_Philster
03-16-2006, 07:36 PM
Gee..we're not signing everyone within a few weeks of free agency starting and instead taking our time to sign the right guys for the right money....I'm devastated :rolleyes:

ICE74129
03-16-2006, 07:37 PM
Ice.. I not only have a personal interest vested in the Bills, I also have a business interest vested in them. So I can assure you I am not a Bills hater, nor I am rooting for them to lose.. But these moves are getting downright comical.

Lets put it this way, I don't see Rich Eisen firing up Bills-cam tonight on NFL network for Matt Bowen (didn't we already have a matt-stevens)

your crap is well past being spam.

ICE74129
03-16-2006, 07:38 PM
Gee..we're not signing everyone within a few weeks of free agency starting and instead taking our time to sign the right guys for the right money....I'm devastated :rolleyes:

Yeah God forbid we not over bid and reach for players who's value is over inflated due to a weak Free agent market.

patmoran2006
03-16-2006, 07:40 PM
Who are the right guys if we dont get guys like Fabini?

I keep hearing this "don't panic its only been a week".. Fine.. then someone tell me WHAT guys out there in YOUR HUMBLE OPINIONS are guys that are going to help this team improve on 5 wins??

I'm not being sarcastic, I'm asking a question.. POSE to me some players Buffalo MAY get that are ANY kind of improvement?

The_Philster
03-16-2006, 07:41 PM
While free agency has hardly been thrilling, at least I'm not disgusted by wasting all the cap space we have on just a few players when we have so many holes to fill. I see people whining that we aren't offering enough to this player or that. Let's say we did and they accepted. What positions do we scrimp on then? Cap space can be eaten up fast by a few big signings

patmoran2006
03-16-2006, 07:43 PM
Ice.

Get a life.. the press conference was OBVIOUSLY a joke.. Just because you have the sense of humor (and evidently football knowledge) of a telephone pole, stop hating.

patmoran2006
03-16-2006, 07:44 PM
While free agency has hardly been thrilling, at least I'm not disgusted by wasting all the cap space we have on just a few players when we have so many holes to fill. I see people whining that we aren't offering enough to this player or that. Let's say we did and they accepted. What positions do we scrimp on then? Cap space can be eaten up fast by a few big signings

Well who do you suggest we go out and get then?

ICE74129
03-16-2006, 07:44 PM

Exactly. We have the #8 pick which will cost as well as the rest of our picks.

The_Philster
03-16-2006, 07:45 PM
Who are the right guys if we dont get guys like Fabini?

I keep hearing this "don't panic its only been a week".. Fine.. then someone tell me WHAT guys out there in YOUR HUMBLE OPINIONS are guys that are going to help this team improve on 5 wins??

I'm not being sarcastic, I'm asking a question.. POSE to me some players Buffalo MAY get that are ANY kind of improvement?I don't think anyone's claiming to have all those answers except for all of you who are falling in love with this big name and are just going to die if we don't get him.

patmoran2006
03-16-2006, 07:46 PM
It'll take $2.5 million or LESS to sign all of our draft picks.

Once Moulds get released, I see at least $8 million if not more (def a lot more) that we can shop on quality free agents..

Meathead
03-16-2006, 07:47 PM
ill take a bottle of the hot please

The_Philster
03-16-2006, 07:48 PM
It'll take $2.5 million or LESS to sign all of our draft picks.

Once Moulds get released, I see at least $8 million if not more (def a lot more) that we can shop on quality free agents..
and that $8M would get eaten up in 2 signings if Marv signed the way the Chicken Little types seem to want

:lol: Meathead

patmoran2006
03-16-2006, 07:48 PM
Jason Fabini or Jon Runyan are not names. They are players who are very good at a position that is a major weakness to this offense..

It's kind of funny I ask a simple question.. WHO DO WE GO OUT AND GET that will HELP THIS TEAM.. and I hear not a SINGLE name.. none?

The_Philster
03-16-2006, 07:52 PM
Jason Fabini or Jon Runyan are not names. They are players who are very good at a position that is a major weakness to this offense..

It's kind of funny I ask a simple question.. WHO DO WE GO OUT AND GET that will HELP THIS TEAM.. and I hear not a SINGLE name.. none?
because maybe we don't all have the answers (which I believe I already stated...and having to repeat myself severely ticks me off when I've stated something pretty clearly already) or claim to. As far as Fabini and Runyon, OT isn't as big a weakness as G and DT...Gandy and Peters both played well

ICE74129
03-16-2006, 07:53 PM
and that $8M would get eaten up in 2 signings if Marv signed the way the Chicken Little types seem to want

:lol: Meathead

I'm telling you phil I don't see how these guys have ACL's with all the knee jerking going on.

patmoran2006
03-16-2006, 08:01 PM
$8 million in cap space would get eaten up in 2 signings??

Are you SERIOUS????????

The_Philster
03-16-2006, 08:04 PM
$8 million in cap space would get eaten up in 2 signings??

Are you SERIOUS????????not the way we are signing players, it won't. But if we were to take the Dan Snyder approach, it's possible..you need to chill out. If it were June or July and this was all the improvement we've made, I'd understand the anguish. But right now, I'd have you committed if I could

Bill Brasky
03-16-2006, 08:08 PM
But right now, I'd have you committed if I could

JERRY, JERRY, JERRY!!!!!!!!!!!

Mahdi
03-16-2006, 08:17 PM
I seem to agree with all the posts on this thread. Yes, we shouldnt go out and throw all our money at 2 or 3 players. However, everyone here agrees that we have major holes on the D-line, O-line and safety spots, as well as a pass receiving TE. (who knows how effective Everett and Euhus will be and Royal is a blocker), and we have done nothing yet except for Tripplet to fix that. And Yes it is only one week into FA but the options that are remaining are few and far between and time is running out even on whats left. Right now players like Coy Wire are being considered for starters which I cant comprehend since everyone here knows that Wire has serious problems in space and coverage. All im saying is that since FA started the team has not gotten any better, particularly on the O-line. We dont need to go spend like Washington but I also dont think we can be as inactive as we have been and still compete. Hopefully Im wrong.

ublinkwescore
03-16-2006, 08:20 PM
"Media: Marv, any other guys coming in for a visit?"

That's as far as I got, and then I saw your sig again...

ublinkwescore
03-16-2006, 08:21 PM
Now I have the insatiable urge to go eat a lemon.