X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NorthCarBills
    • Jan 2006

What would it take to get Schaub?

Hey guys...sorry if this has been discussed already, but I'd be interested to hear from some of you who are better informed on realistic trade scenarios/possibilities.

Here's a related story.
    The Falcons understand the importance of a quality backup QB. That's why they're driving a hard bargain for Matt Schaub, writes Michael Smith.

As much as it hurts to say it, Saban seems to be getting the fins on the right track and Schaub was a first thought before the Daunte deal went through. Maybe we can follow their lead on this (ouch).

Thanks in advance for the insight.
  • gr8slayer
    • Feb 2005

Re: What would it take to get Schaub?

2nd or 3rd. Not worth it to us.

Comment

• NorthCarBills
      • Jan 2006

I'd give a 3rd for Schaub without a doubt. I think he would be well worth our extra third if that was possible, but I'm sure Atlanta is asking for more than that anyway. He's going to be a starter in this league, just a matter of where and when a deal goes through.

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

I'll give nothing for Schaub.. Nothing for Harrington.. Nothing for Ramsey..

Nothing, nothing, nothing.. I"m tired of potential guys.

I either want JP Losman to play like a quality NFL quarterback.. Or I want to draft a new one.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• ICE74129
          Legendary Zoner
          • Feb 2005

LMAO It is more and more obvious why fans aren't GM's. Several teams are working thier asses off to get Schaub but Atlanta wont' budge. He is the only good QB on that team. Not a gimick that runs around, a QB.

The Jets offered Abraham and thier 2nd for Shaub, Atlanta said no, so we have nothing that could convince them to part ways with him

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by ICE74129
            LMAO It is more and more obvious why fans aren't GM's. Several teams are working thier asses off to get Schaub but Atlanta wont' budge. He is the only good QB on that team. Not a gimick that runs around, a QB.

The Jets offered Abraham and thier 2nd for Shaub, Atlanta said no, so we have nothing that could convince them to part ways with him
            He's the only good quarterback on that team? Vick is no good?

You just proved how stupid you are. I got nothing else to say to you. I've never been bothered so much on a freakin message board than you, you are TOTALLY clueless man.

Comment

• Philagape
              WIN NOW
              • Jul 2002

The Jets are offering Abraham for Schaub, and Atlanta's saying no. Miami reportedly offered for Schaub what they traded for Culpepper (and more). Anyone here think the Bills should top those offers?

The Falcons understand the importance of a quality backup QB. That's why they're driving a hard bargain for Matt Schaub, writes Michael Smith.
              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
              2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• patmoran2006
                Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                • Dec 2005

No
                YOu want to give up a good draft pick for ANOTHER quarterback?

This team isn't signing any real free agents, we need our draft picks.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                  • Feb 2005

Vick not a good QB? Name another player in the NFL that makes a Defense completely change their scheme just for him. BTW, did you watch him against us?

He may not be a good thrower but he is one of the most dangerous weapons in NFL history.

Comment

• NorthCarBills
                    • Jan 2006

Well, again, if anyone can post realistic trade scenarios where this might work I'd appreciate it. Not looking for opinions on whether it's a good move or not -- was just hoping someone might be knowledgeable on how this could work out -- if at all.

I've been reading posts here more than posting myself for a while, and I know how these simple questions can become a completely different topic within a single reply. Didnt mean for this to happen here.

For the record, I would love nothing more than to give JP a real chance behind a good line and see what he could do this year. I also understand that a QB is not our prioritiy in draft and/or FA, and agree that both of the lines are.

Comment

• ICE74129
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                      He's the only good quarterback on that team? Vick is no good?

You just proved how stupid you are. I got nothing else to say to you. I've never been bothered so much on a freakin message board than you, you are TOTALLY clueless man.
                      Vick is a gimick, period. He can't hit the broad side of a barn. He shouldn't have been in the probowl. Gimick, Not QB.

And for a guy that has nothing else to say to me you keep flapping your lips.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ICE74129
                        Vick is a gimick, period. He can't hit the broad side of a barn. He shouldn't have been in the probowl. Gimick, Not QB.

And for a guy that has nothing else to say to me you keep flapping your lips.
                        Lets dummy it down alittle......

He has nothing to say to you after the post.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                          • Dec 2005

NorCal.

Good points.. Both sides of the line should be a priority through the draft and from today forth, the remainder of FA.. Nobody is going to be a good quarterback with the same OL we had last year.. 2-3 new starters needed for sure.. Only Peters for sure, and likely Villarrial should be back starting on this line.

To answer your question, If I was looking to get him as a QB He'd be worth a second rounder.. I'd never in a million years make that trade though.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                            Only Peters for sure, and likely Villarrial should be back starting on this line.

To answer your question, If I was looking to get him as a QB He'd be worth a second rounder.. I'd never in a million years make that trade though.
                            I would make the trade if we didnt have so many other holes.

BTW, how does anyone know if the guy is going to be good or not? He has only started a hand full of games. This could be another RJ trade, all potential, no producing.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                              Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                              • Jun 2005

Vick is a dangerous weapon YES I agree. BUT he is not a good QB and should be a RB

Comment

Working...
                              X