PDA

View Full Version : What would it take to get Schaub?

NorthCarBills
03-17-2006, 07:39 AM
Hey guys...sorry if this has been discussed already, but I'd be interested to hear from some of you who are better informed on realistic trade scenarios/possibilities.

Here's a related story.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=smith_michael&id=2370929&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

As much as it hurts to say it, Saban seems to be getting the fins on the right track and Schaub was a first thought before the Daunte deal went through. Maybe we can follow their lead on this (ouch).

Thanks in advance for the insight.

gr8slayer
03-17-2006, 07:40 AM
2nd or 3rd. Not worth it to us.

NorthCarBills
03-17-2006, 07:47 AM
I'd give a 3rd for Schaub without a doubt. I think he would be well worth our extra third if that was possible, but I'm sure Atlanta is asking for more than that anyway. He's going to be a starter in this league, just a matter of where and when a deal goes through.

patmoran2006
03-17-2006, 07:51 AM
I'll give nothing for Schaub.. Nothing for Harrington.. Nothing for Ramsey..

Nothing, nothing, nothing.. I"m tired of potential guys.

I either want JP Losman to play like a quality NFL quarterback.. Or I want to draft a new one.

ICE74129
03-17-2006, 07:54 AM
LMAO It is more and more obvious why fans aren't GM's. Several teams are working thier asses off to get Schaub but Atlanta wont' budge. He is the only good QB on that team. Not a gimick that runs around, a QB.

The Jets offered Abraham and thier 2nd for Shaub, Atlanta said no, so we have nothing that could convince them to part ways with him

patmoran2006
03-17-2006, 07:58 AM
LMAO It is more and more obvious why fans aren't GM's. Several teams are working thier asses off to get Schaub but Atlanta wont' budge. He is the only good QB on that team. Not a gimick that runs around, a QB.

The Jets offered Abraham and thier 2nd for Shaub, Atlanta said no, so we have nothing that could convince them to part ways with him

He's the only good quarterback on that team? Vick is no good?

You just proved how stupid you are. I got nothing else to say to you. I've never been bothered so much on a freakin message board than you, you are TOTALLY clueless man.

Philagape
03-17-2006, 07:58 AM
The Jets are offering Abraham for Schaub, and Atlanta's saying no. Miami reportedly offered for Schaub what they traded for Culpepper (and more). Anyone here think the Bills should top those offers?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=smith_michael&id=2370929

patmoran2006
03-17-2006, 08:01 AM
No
YOu want to give up a good draft pick for ANOTHER quarterback?

This team isn't signing any real free agents, we need our draft picks.

gr8slayer
03-17-2006, 08:01 AM
Vick not a good QB? Name another player in the NFL that makes a Defense completely change their scheme just for him. BTW, did you watch him against us?

He may not be a good thrower but he is one of the most dangerous weapons in NFL history.

NorthCarBills
03-17-2006, 08:02 AM
Well, again, if anyone can post realistic trade scenarios where this might work I'd appreciate it. Not looking for opinions on whether it's a good move or not -- was just hoping someone might be knowledgeable on how this could work out -- if at all.

I've been reading posts here more than posting myself for a while, and I know how these simple questions can become a completely different topic within a single reply. Didnt mean for this to happen here.

For the record, I would love nothing more than to give JP a real chance behind a good line and see what he could do this year. I also understand that a QB is not our prioritiy in draft and/or FA, and agree that both of the lines are.

ICE74129
03-17-2006, 08:02 AM
He's the only good quarterback on that team? Vick is no good?

You just proved how stupid you are. I got nothing else to say to you. I've never been bothered so much on a freakin message board than you, you are TOTALLY clueless man.

Vick is a gimick, period. He can't hit the broad side of a barn. He shouldn't have been in the probowl. Gimick, Not QB.

And for a guy that has nothing else to say to me you keep flapping your lips.

gr8slayer
03-17-2006, 08:03 AM
Vick is a gimick, period. He can't hit the broad side of a barn. He shouldn't have been in the probowl. Gimick, Not QB.

And for a guy that has nothing else to say to me you keep flapping your lips.
Lets dummy it down alittle......

He has nothing to say to you after the post.

patmoran2006
03-17-2006, 08:05 AM
NorCal.

Good points.. Both sides of the line should be a priority through the draft and from today forth, the remainder of FA.. Nobody is going to be a good quarterback with the same OL we had last year.. 2-3 new starters needed for sure.. Only Peters for sure, and likely Villarrial should be back starting on this line.

To answer your question, If I was looking to get him as a QB He'd be worth a second rounder.. I'd never in a million years make that trade though.

gr8slayer
03-17-2006, 08:07 AM
Only Peters for sure, and likely Villarrial should be back starting on this line.

To answer your question, If I was looking to get him as a QB He'd be worth a second rounder.. I'd never in a million years make that trade though.
I would make the trade if we didnt have so many other holes.

BTW, how does anyone know if the guy is going to be good or not? He has only started a hand full of games. This could be another RJ trade, all potential, no producing.

SquishDaFish
03-17-2006, 08:08 AM
Vick is a dangerous weapon YES I agree. BUT he is not a good QB and should be a RB

gr8slayer
03-17-2006, 08:10 AM
Vick is a dangerous weapon YES I agree. BUT he is not a good QB and should be a RB
So would you say that he is the best player on their Offense?

patmoran2006
03-17-2006, 08:10 AM
Vick is a gimmick quarterback.

He's a "gimmick" QB who threw for 167 yards and 2 TD's against us last year.. He's a gimmick QB who ran for 68 yards on us last year.

He's a "gimmick" QB that led his team to the NFC championship in 2004 and He's a gimmick QB who's the ONLY QB ever to beat Favre in Green Bay in a playoff game, and a gimmick QB who's been to the Pro Bowl three of his five years. He's been a gimmick QB who has 51 TD's to 39 INTS and who's ran for 2831 yards and 19 TD's..

and you talk about bringing in Joey Harrington..

Dolt..

Philagape
03-17-2006, 08:11 AM
No
YOu want to give up a good draft pick for ANOTHER quarterback?

My answer is an emphatic no too, I was asking facetiously :up:

SquishDaFish
03-17-2006, 08:12 AM
Yes Gr8 he is because his arm doesnt allow a WR become anything on that team except to be a blocker

gr8slayer
03-17-2006, 08:13 AM

He's a "gimmick" QB who threw for 167 yards and 2 TD's against us last year.. He's a gimmick QB who ran for 68 yards on us last year.

He's a "gimmick" QB that led his team to the NFC championship in 2004 and He's a gimmick QB who's the ONLY QB ever to beat Favre in Green Bay in a playoff game, and a gimmick QB who's been to the Pro Bowl three of his five years. He's been a gimmick QB who has 51 TD's to 39 INTS and who's ran for 2831 yards and 19 TD's..

Dolt..
His jersey is also the best selling jersey since he entered the league! lol

On the Green Bay comment, I think Daunte also beat Favre. But Vick was the first and one of only two, still impressive.

Philagape
03-17-2006, 08:15 AM
Gimmick? So what? For all I care, QBs can wear clown wigs, capes and dribble the football, as long as they help their team win. They can be that Burger King commercial guy.

ICE74129

Dolt..

Yes Gimick. If not for his legs he would be nothing in this league...see his cousin Aaron Brooks. They are clones outside of Vick being the fastest/ most mobile QB in the NFL.

gr8slayer
Yes Gr8 he is because his arm doesnt allow a WR become anything on that team except to be a blocker
I for one want my best player on my Offense to be my QB. Give him a couple of real WR's and lets see what he can do.

Also, just look at the Falcons record with him, then look at their record without him.

As long as he is winning games what else matters?

gr8slayer
03-17-2006, 08:16 AM
Gimmick? So what? For all I care, QBs can wear clown wigs, capes and dribble the football, as long as they help their team win.
He doesnt help them win, he wins games for them.

patmoran2006
03-17-2006, 08:16 AM
ahhh yes.. It was def the first and I think maybe the only in sub-32.

I dont think Vick is the best QB in the NFL.. But he sure as hell is more than just a gimmick.

With the post-Jimbo blues we've had at QB in Buffalo, I'd love to have that gimmick be our quarterback.

gr8slayer
03-17-2006, 08:17 AM
Yes Gimick. If not for his legs he would be nothing in this league...see his cousin Aaron Brooks. They are clones outside of Vick being the fastest/ most mobile QB in the NFL.
Check the Falcons record with him, then without him.

Who cares what he does as long as they win.

gr8slayer
03-17-2006, 08:19 AM
"e quite possibly could be the worst player on the field and the best player on the field at the very same time. Why?

The worst player because his performance -- judged on pure QB standards -- is often well below average.

The best because even with the worst of performances, he still has a far bigger impact on the result of the game simply by being on the field.

The Falcons don't win because of Vick's performances. They win because of the impact he has on defenses who have to play him.

And the end result of that is that his team keeps winning with him at QB."

patmoran2006
03-17-2006, 08:20 AM

That's like saying if not for his instincts Troy Polamalu would be nothing..

And if you feel that way about Vick, someone who has proved himself.. How the hell do you feel about Losman if NOT for his legs?

wow..

ICE74129
03-17-2006, 08:21 AM
That's like saying if not for his instincts Troy Polamalu would be nothing..

And if you feel that way about Vick, someone who has proved himself.. How the hell do you feel about Losman if NOT for his legs?

wow..

How many years for Vick? Losman? Let the scenario play out.

ICE74129
03-17-2006, 08:22 AM
"e quite possibly could be the worst player on the field and the best player on the field at the very same time. Why?

The worst player because his performance -- judged on pure QB standards -- is often well below average.

The best because even with the worst of performances, he still has a far bigger impact on the result of the game simply by being on the field.

The Falcons don't win because of Vick's performances. They win because of the impact he has on defenses who have to play him.

And the end result of that is that his team keeps winning with him at QB."

Except Carolina who showed the league this year how to beat Vick. Until this year he gave them fits, then they figured it out.

gr8slayer
03-17-2006, 08:23 AM
How many years for Vick? Losman? Let the scenario play out.Vick showed more his first year starting than Losman did, had a better record too.

gr8slayer
03-17-2006, 08:23 AM
Except Carolina who showed the league this year how to beat Vick. Until this year he gave them fits, then they figured it out.
I think Tampa can be given credit for figuring out how to beat him. He has never played well against the Bucs.

patmoran2006
03-17-2006, 08:25 AM
I think Tampa can be given credit for figuring out how to beat him. He has never played well against the Bucs.

Simeon Rice OWNS Vick.

gr8slayer
03-17-2006, 08:29 AM
Simeon Rice OWNS Vick.
The Bucs own Vick. One team out of 31. Still not convinced.

ICE74129
03-17-2006, 08:41 AM
Vick showed more his first year starting than Losman did, had a better record too.

And had a much better team to play with. Had much better coaching in Dan Reeves.