Buffalo is a QB town. Recycled rejects need not apply.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BidsJr
    • Sep 2002

Buffalo is a QB town. Recycled rejects need not apply.

And see what the future "could" be. Yup JP played horribly in a bunch of games, but he played pretty well for about half of his games as well. When he came back he was playing a lot better until that pussy Mularkey pulled the plug to try and save his job. If JP got to play those last few games we may not even be having these discussions.

I really don't care if he is the starter next year, but I am tired of hearing about these recycled rejects from other teams. IMHO the only other guys I would rather start than JP next year are Leinart or Cutler. Every other QB has had their chance to prove themselves.

Joey Harrington? Give me a break. He is a pussy, soft minded. What the hell does he bring to the table that JP doesn't? Except for a longer history of being a POS.

Kelly Holcomb? I hated every snap that he played, and hoped for some bruised ribs to have a chance to see the kid.

Griese, Collins, McCown, Kitna, Brooks? Pass

If Marv and DJ do no believe that JP can get it done we need to make a strong move for Leinart or Cutler this year. Or else we'll be talking about the same thing again next year.

Bottom line Buffalo is a QB town and the fans won't be happy until we have a big name star in town.
    "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: Buffalo is a QB town. Recycled rejects need not apply.

I agree with you 100% percent.

Its either JP.. or we find a way to get Leinart or Cutler in the draft.

Look at what Big Ben does for Pittsburgh. Including playoffs, god damn 28-4 record as a starter.

Either MAKE JP or get a FRANCISE QB and build around him.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Philagape
      WIN NOW
      • Jul 2002

Good post. Why replace a recycled reject with another recycled reject? And why give up on JP? Whatever happened to picking a guy and sticking with him until he proves he's a total failure? Whatever happened to "there's no such thing as a QB competition"?
      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Jaybird
        • Dec 2005

Give Jp a chance, he needs game time to learn. Holcomb is the king of dumping the ball short its so frustrating to watch. Have we really seen what JP can do? Is It really time to draft another QB?

Comment

• HHURRICANE
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by BidsJr
          And see what the future "could" be. Yup JP played horribly in a bunch of games, but he played pretty well for about half of his games as well. When he came back he was playing a lot better until that pussy Mularkey pulled the plug to try and save his job. If JP got to play those last few games we may not even be having these discussions.

I really don't care if he is the starter next year, but I am tired of hearing about these recycled rejects from other teams. IMHO the only other guys I would rather start than JP next year are Leinart or Cutler. Every other QB has had their chance to prove themselves.
          This is an excellent post. National media hates JP as well but everybody forgets about how long Brees took. The problem is that Big Ben has made everybody feel that rookie QB's can start and win. The only reason that JP is getting pounded is because of the way MM handled the whole situation.

If Marv and Dick are convinced that JP is not the guy, than move up and get Young, Leinart or Cutler now!!!

Great Post!!

Comment

• BidsJr
            • Sep 2002

I'm fine with a QB competition as well, as long as its JP against Leinart or Cutler. A first round draft pick against some POS that has been in the league for 10 years that has a couple fluke 400 yard games and nothing else going for him? IMHO you needed a QB competition between Bledsoe and JP they were both 1st rd draft picks. Not the "future" against some "never has been." If they weren't willing to commit to JP he shouldn't have been a 1st rd draft pick to begin with.

Peyton?
            Ben?
            Carson?
            Eli?

Noone of those outplayed the starter to get those jobs.

But the team made a 1st rd commitment and gave the players time to fufill the potential.
            "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• patmoran2006
              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
              • Dec 2005

You wont have to move up to get Young, you can get him at 8..

But I otherwise agree.. And I"ll go one further. I would bring in a recycled QB and I'd cut Holcomb, if for NO other reason than JP's confidence. a good QB needs his mojo.. Bring in a guy and say 'listen a$$hole you are the backup."

Holcomb will always conduct himself like he's the starting quarterback from this point on. I'm sure anyone in here will agree we are going NOWHERE with Holcomb.

Comment

• Philagape
                WIN NOW
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BidsJr
                Peyton?
                Ben?
                Carson?
                Eli?

Noone of those outplayed the starter to get those jobs.

But the team made a 1st rd commitment and gave the players time to fufill the potential.
                Another good point.
                "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• gr8slayer
                  • Feb 2005

Good post.

Comment

• BidsJr
                    • Sep 2002

You can add Philip Rivers to that list as well. He hasn't done *$% to beat out Drew Brees either. But they made the commitment and now they have to go with it. Time will tell on this one.

Comment

• BidsJr
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006

But I otherwise agree.. And I"ll go one further. I would bring in a recycled QB and I'd cut Holcomb, if for NO other reason than JP's confidence. a good QB needs his mojo.. Bring in a guy and say 'listen a$$hole you are the backup."

Holcomb will always conduct himself like he's the starting quarterback from this point on. I'm sure anyone in here will agree we are going NOWHERE with Holcomb.
                      This has been my hope ever since there has been talk of bringing in another QB.

Comment

• Philagape
                        WIN NOW
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006

I'm content with Holcomb as the backup, and he has the advantage of knowing his teammates. He doesn't strike me as an ego guy who will stir up trouble. He reminds me of the last guy who wore No. 10 (as opposed to the last guy who wore No. 7).
                        If we were to bring in Joey or Brooks or another vet who's started before, they would be just as much a threat to JP as Holcomb is if not more.

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• patmoran2006
                          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                          • Dec 2005

Phil.. HOlcomb sees NOBODY except Eric MOulds on this team. When Holcomb played, Evans was mostly invisible. I say wherever Moulds goes, take Holcomb with him.

Comment

• BidsJr
                            • Sep 2002

And I'll go one more, IF JP turns out to be a POS, at least we'll be near the top of the draft board with the chance to get a franchise QB.

I know the naysayers will chime in here with fantasy's about the next Tom Brady in the 6th round, but sorry folks I'm not ready to wait for the next 100 years for that to happen again.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                              • Dec 2005

In 20+ years of vividly watching Buffalo Bills football, Kelly Holcomb is the only player that I have ever secretly rooted for to get injured, not life threatening or career threatening, I just hated having him in the game that much when we have a first round pick kid on the sideline.

Todd Collins, Rob Johnson, Joe Dufek, Vince Ferragamo.. I despised them.. But I never hoped an ACL on them.

I absolutely Despise Kelly Holcomb.. He was anything but a help to JP and I know this for a fact as I was around the Bills for more than a third of last season.

This season is almost like an audition for JP all over again.. Thanks to Mularkey, 2005 didnt tell us much about JP at all..

God I"m so happy Mularkey is in Miami.. perfect marriage, I hate them both

Comment

Working...
                              X